aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Gibberish for text in Amanatto?

So I recently downloaded and tried to play Amanatto AM 2:00. However, once I got past the opening sequence and to game play, the text shows up as gibberish.

Yes, I have the language pack downloaded and my computer is set on Japanese. Other games work just fine - believe me, I checked after this issue sprung up. The text on all of my other games is readable Japanese, just as it should be - Amanatto is the only one I have trouble with. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. I tried downloading a different link and installing that one. No luck. Any ideas?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hanataro (L1)Vash the Stampede (L1)Kurama (L1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    So I recently downloaded and tried to play Amanatto AM 2:00. However, once I got past the opening sequence and to game play, the text shows up as gibberish.

Yes, I have the language pack downloaded and my computer is set on Japanese. Other games work just fine - believe me, I checked after this issue sprung up. The text on all of my other games is readable Japanese, just as it should be - Amanatto is the only one I have trouble with. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it. I tried downloading a different link and installing that one. No luck. Any ideas?
    1. Download and install (Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.0).

2. Open the Compatibility Administrator. Right click on New Database > Create New > Application Fix...

3. On the next screen, type in a name for the program to be fixed (such as "AM200Fix") and the name of the vendor for the program (such as "Amanatto") and then under Program file location, browse to the AM200 game folder directory and double-click on "AM200.exe". Click Next.

4. On the next screen, keep Operating System Modes to "None" and put a checkmark next to "International" under the additional compatibility modes. Click next.

5. For the Compatibility Fixes screen, click Next again.

6. On the Matching Information screen, AM200.exe should already appear. Click Select All to put a checkmark next to every entry listed under Main Executable.

7. Then hit the Add File button, browse to your AM200 game directory, and select "Show All Files". Select Bgm.arc, and when it adds it to the list, checkmark both entries below it. Repeat this for Chip.arc, Ed.dat, Op.dat, Rio.arc, Se.arc, and Voice.arc. After you're done with all that click Finish.

8. You will return to the main compatibility administrator screen. Hit the "Save" button. It will ask you to enter a name for the file (you could just name it "AM200 Fix") and a location to save it to. Go ahead and save it to your game folder.

9. Note that New Database is now called AM200 Fix. Right click it and select Install. A message will soon come up saying: The database 'AM200 Fix' was successfully installed.

10. Open AM200 and in the game settings and there will be a drop down box that lists different fonts. (It could be something such as Lucida Console as the default). Look through and there should now be a Japanese font listed that starts with "MS". Change to this font and then start the game, and it should display the text in proper Japanese.

Whew, long message. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Hitora85; 12-03-2009 at 12:12 AM.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Wow, that fixed it! Thank you SO MUCH for your clear and detailed explanation. That was exactly what I needed, and you actually made the computer talk understandable to me, which is a small miracle in and of itself. Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yozak (L4)Yuki HS (L1)Motomi TnC(L2)
    Pray for Japan
    I found it also works if you change every thing!! under Regional and language options Change Formats to Japanese : change Location to Japan : and of course change Administrative. that fixed the problem for me