aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

AlbinoKitsune

Kichiku Megane R + AGTH Help?

Alright, let's face reality: I'm a complete newbie when it comes to AGTH, setting it up, and making it do what I say. Of course, I had to make my first attempt with this tool go with Kichiku Megane R.

It's not that easy.

I understand the guides, to an extent, but they always say to work with ".exe". I use Daemon Tools and I don't.. exactly.. HAVE ".exe" files for this. I have my ".ccd" that I run everything off.

So can anyone use very simple, very easy to understand words to help me out here? :/ Maybe pretend you're talking to a small, easily confused and distracted, child?

Thanks a million for ANY help here.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

(S021) RikiAsano Katsuya (L9)Kadaj (L8)
    Akira TnC (L9)Squall (L6)Seishirou (L2)
    Takuto (L5)Testament (L8)Rufus (L7)
    The exe file is where you installed the game. Mine's C:\Program Files\SPRAY\MEGANE\REALLIVE.EXE Also check out the BL Game Compatibility List for the AGTH settings. It's a stubborn one T_T

AlbinoKitsune
    :/ Alright, I got that far. Everything seemed to be right-on again until it informed me that it couldn't hook the text for some reason. I FIGURED I input everything right, but it's looking like I didn't.

Of course, I can't get Kichiku Megane itself to run either, even after using the patch on it. -frowns- But I CAN get AGTH to work with other games. So.. Is there something I'm OBVIOUSLY missing if it just tells me it can't hook? I'm sorry for asking questions like this, and I know in the future I'll feel like an idiot. << I thank you SO much for offering any suggestions, though.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

That's odd. I've never seen AGTH tell you can it can't hook, but I'm also running an older version. Questions: did you change your regional settings to Japanese, are you running WinXP or Vista and if you're using DaemonTools to mount the game, did you enable SafeDisc (which bypasses the protection)? I'd focus on getting the games to work without AGTH first, then start messing with AGTH.

And if you want to compare target lines, this is my AGTH shortcut (quotes and all) to run the original KM (it's installed on my second drive so don't mind the different drive letter).

"F:\Program Files\AGTH\agth.exe" /c "F:\Program Files\SPRAY\MEGANE\REALLIVE.EXE"

AlbinoKitsune
    Lesse:

1. Yes, all settings are Japanese, and I mean -everything-. Including my poor clock. Eugh, I hate having to learn military-time for the sake of running my system this way. D:
    2. VISTA, despite my dislike. My XP system doesn't have the update on it yet to actually support DaemonTools.
    3. DaemonTools to mount, yes.
    4. SafeDisc?

All of mine work perfectly without AGTH. Heck, I've already completed the games with every ending on my own with loads of guesswork. -laughs- But now that I've managed to land ATLAS and AGTH on my system, I'd love to have some idea what they're saying. -grins-

:/ Hm. My target line is the same, strange enough..

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Here's my version of AGTH and the RL patch.

Copy your save folder someone else and uninstall KM. Reinstall it, then use my patch and my verson of AGTH. They're both very old (2007), but they work on my WinXP machine. This is before AGTH tried to fix the reallive problem and required the patch. If it's still freaking out, take a screenshot of when it tells you it can't hook. I have no idea what it's problem is, but I would like to see it.

Safedisc bypasses the game's protection. If you're using DaemonTools Lite, I think it's a checkbox in preferences. In the older version, it's under Emulation on the main drop down menu. Usually the game will ask you to insert the CD and refuse to run if SafeDisc isn't on. If it's running fine without AGTH, it's probably an AGTH problem.