aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Help with Nauto Goes Wild Game =__=

I downloaded this a few days ago and it will not open / run propersly. Others tell me it works fine. must be something. Anyone please if you can tell me what I should do to get this to work.

Here are the screen shots
    This is the first game I tried to DL and it doesn't work, here is where I found the link >>The Link<<
    No option to "play" back at beginning...

Any suggestions? Not telling me I need a codec or anything just *nothings happens...*
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 07-18-2009 at 03:54 PM.

ZSP
    Since it says it's blocked in one of your pictures, try unblocking it. As simple as it sounds, it may cause problems at times. Otherwise, you might need certain softwares installed/updated in order to get it to work; for example, .Net Framework 3.5. If this is the case, it'd be nice if ripjawwolffang would tell us what engine they used to create the game.

Another cause would be OS incompatibility. The engine used to create it may not be compatible with windows vista. I ran it on XP and it worked fine.

Another thing you may want to know is that the game itself is in french, so unless you speak french you won't be able to understand much of it, heh. (Moreover, if I may point out, the title is misleading as it's not about Naruto)

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
    Since it says it's blocked in one of your pictures, try unblocking it. As simple as it sounds, it may cause problems at times. Otherwise, you might need certain softwares installed/updated in order to get it to work; for example, .Net Framework 3.5. If this is the case, it'd be nice if ripjawwolffang would tell us what engine they used to create the game.

Another cause would be OS incompatibility. The engine used to create it may not be compatible with windows vista. I ran it on XP and it worked fine.

Another thing you may want to know is that the game itself is in french, so unless you speak french you won't be able to understand much of it, heh. (Moreover, if I may point out, the title is misleading as it's not about Naruto)
    You know I didn't think about the Vista thing..My system is vista and new..

The copy above is the 3rd download. I did unblock another DL of the game but same thing occured.

Question: if I do need .Net Framework 3.5. would my system tell me. Like an alert or pop-up that something is missing?

Thanks for the info, I have an old system that I don't DL to, but I'll see if burning a copy on a DVD will run on the XP OS.

ZSP
    No, as far as I know it'd be unlikely for your system to give you a pop-up telling you about the software you needed to install or update in order to run a doujin game. It's likely to give you more specific errors when the game comes from a big company, but doujin games are usually made with engines by independent companies/fans themselves, which is why knowing the name of the engine ripjawwolffang used would help solve the problem.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gaara (L3)Sasuke (L7)Kiba (L5)
    Naruto (L1)Ritsuka (L4)
    I think ripjawwolffang mentioned somewhere that he uses RPGMaker VX.
    And, the game works fine for me on Win7 x64 build 7232, so I doubt it's a "doesn't-like-Vista" issue.
    Last edited by breathlesstao; 07-19-2009 at 12:36 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

what can I do with that information? ZSP does that help you know what I should do next? Thanks breathless..