aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lamento - Beyond the Void - Game

I certainly hope I am posting this on the right section of the forums. D:

So... my story so far is:

I wanted to play the game, Lamento; Beyond the Void. I found the download page in the forums: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f153/t...-the-void.html

----

1) Since "part 18" of the MediaFire link didn't work for me, I downloaded all of the 8 from megaupload instead.
    2) After downloading, I extracted all of the 8 into my desktop.
    4) Then I got my Daemon Tools and mounted the Lamento_DVD.iso file.
    5) The installation processed through just like how it said it would on the first post of the download page:
    •Installation screen popped up.
    •Clicked through the Installation screen until it told me to input the Serial Number. Which I did.
    •The Installation processed through like a breeze. I had a desktop shortcut and all too.

----

That's where the problem started. The explanation on the download page told me to, "Once you finish the installation, apply both executables (LmtDVDVer101.EXE and LmtDVDVer102.EXE - I believe these fix some issues with the game) and unmount LAMENTO_DVD.iso, then mount the boot.iso file in its place."

I double clicked(I am a complete newbie at this, I'm sorry if I'm getting many things wrong and driving some of you to frustration. DX) the two EXE's but they only gave me untranslated, gibberish-language errors. So I skipped over that and unmounted the LAMENTO_DVD.iso then mounted the boot.iso in it's place. . . and well, nothing happened.

/EDIT: I got the two EXE's to open up correctly, and got it patched into the right folder, but Lamento still doesn't work. :<

I tried double clicking the shortcut made on the desktop but it produced the Microsft Windows Error(see the paragraph below). So I unmounted the boot.iso and replaced it by re-mounting the LAMENTO_DVD.iso again. Then voila, the game start up window popped up and there was an option to start the game.

However to my disappointment, as soon as I clicked on it, Microsoft Windows error popped up yet again. It stated, "Lamento - BEYOND THE VOID - has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

And the only option is to "Close Program". :'[

Here is a screen shot of how it looks like when I entered from the Computers: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/nlxkz/1.jpg

When I double click on the icon: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/nlxkz/2.jpg

Finally, when I press the "Game Start" button: http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/nlxkz/3.jpg

Thank you so much in advance to those who read through this, and many more thanks to those who spare their time to reply! I hope I can get this to work. >_<;; I tried reading over every of the Technical Difficulties Thread with Lamento, but I could not find the solution by myself, and this is my last resort.

I am looking very forward to playing the game~;;

[EDITED]
    Last edited by PeanutBrittle; 03-12-2010 at 04:48 PM.

Sunberry
    I have the same problem. ._.

Edit: okay, I solve it!
    You simply need to mount "boot.iso" after having mounted "LAMENTO_DVD.iso"! It will appear an empty folder, but is not a problem. Close it and finally, click twice on the desktop shortcut and it should go!

Sorry for the english, to me is work, I hope also to you!
    Last edited by Sunberry; 07-22-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

Unfortunately, I tried your method just now and it still brought the same Microsoft Windows error. It doesn't seem to work for me at all whether it's on my laptop or my computer(both are Vista).

Though, are you using Vista?

I heard that for the Vista users, the game won't work unless you download the patch from the main website of Nitro+Chiral. . . which I tried but still didn't work. XD;;;

I'm unsure of what the problem is really. ;; I wish I got an error message to decipher instead of immediately crashing to the desktop.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sasuke (L1)(S013) AkihitoPray for Japan
    Count D (L3)Grell (L5)Boris HKA (L1)
    Grimmjow (L6)Motoko Kusanagi (L9)Lelouch (L9)
    Any problems with the language is because the programs you are running Lamento on are not set to japanese. If that helps

audiencecat
    I have the exact same problem as Peanutrittle. Anybody got any new ideas?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Bump since I still have the same problem.

*hasn't given up yet* XD;;;;

Quote Originally Posted by yomizgirl View Post
    Any problems with the language is because the programs you are running Lamento on are not set to japanese. If that helps
    If you mean the computer language settings, mine is already set on Japanese. :< And I'm able to play other games just fine, like TnC, Hanamachi Monogatari, Kichiku Megane, and Maid Hajimemashite, etc etc. Just Lamento that's giving me the problem.

nubecula
    Just chiming in to say that I've encountered this problem as well...I'm on Vista and I've changed the system language to Japanese. I've been trying to run the patch programs...but I think it's refusing to patch for one reason or another...Anyone have any other ideas?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

BUMP, because I'm still around like the cockroach that I am, and still haven't given up. *determined to figure out how to make this work on Vista(?)*

Solution, solution, where art thou.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Having the same problem on Windows 7, getting the Vista patch and changing the compatibility doesn't work either... Hm :/

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Cain GC (L1)Soubi (L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by nubecula View Post
    Just chiming in to say that I've encountered this problem as well...I'm on Vista and I've changed the system language to Japanese. I've been trying to run the patch programs...but I think it's refusing to patch for one reason or another...Anyone have any other ideas?
    have you moved the Patch files into the install folder located in the program files? they do not run if you do not move them. at least that is what happened with my windows 7.

Also. This persons tutorial is VERY helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zo3x...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Requiemofthedamned; 04-10-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast