aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Pray for JapanJin Kazama (L1)Yoite (L2)
    Miharu (L5)Haruka (L5)Kantarou (L4)
    Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)(S006) Klaus

Problem converting MP4 & MKV with subtitles

Hi does anyone know how to convert MP4&MKV videos with subtitle attcahed on the video? I tried to convert both format to AVI but the subtitle is still missing and I don't know how to do it right and I don't see something like .srt file with the same name as the video I just have videos with subs but no .srt help me! BTW I have Total Video Converter video conversion results are great but no subtitle appearing after convertion

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)Ritsuka (L7)
    Akira (L3)Suzuki-sanAyase (L8)
    Yogi (L1)Clear DM (L8)
    you have to :
    1. Download MKV to AVI With Subtitle and install & run it.
    Download URL: http://www.008soft.com/mkvtoavis.exe

2. Click the Open Video button, select an mkv file.

3. Click the Options button to configure the output options.

4. Click the Convert button to output video file.

Details:

Before you launch the program, recommend to install the MKV codec if you want to convert mkv to avi and with subtitle both.

Options dialogbox is used to select the options of the output clip.

1. If you just want to convert mkv to avi without subtitle. You may select Video compressor and Audio compressor such as DivX XviD codec as you need. (Some Video compressors and Audio compressors do not work).

If you want to convert MKV to avi file with its subtitle, you must install MKV codec pack before you launch the program. Select the Video compressor with “ffdshow video encoder”. The another name “ffdshow Video Codec” may not work.

2. Most audio compressors may not work well. Even they make the program crash. MKV to AVI with Subtitle sets Microsoft ADPCM as the default audio compressor.

If you want to view the converted avi file on the DVD/DIVX player or portable devices, you may try MPEG Layer-3 as Audio compressor. But the MP3 encoder bundled in Windows was made in 1997, 56kbps, and not stable. If your computer has installed Fraunhofer Radium MP3 codec, the conversion mkv to avi will work perfectly. But Fraunhofer does not retail the compressor.

3. Some video compressors have not the settings dialog box. After you select “ffdshow video encoder”, clicking the Settings button does not work. You may select the Windows menu Start->Programs->Combined Community Codec Pack->Filters->FFDShow VFW Codec Configuration->FFDShow VFW Codec Configuration. Or select “ffdshow Video Codec”, click the settings button, configure its settings, and then select “ffdshow video encoder” again.

The default encoder is MPEG-4, XVID, you may change FOURCC to DIVX, or DX50.

After we tested XVID or DIVX in ffdshow, the 2 codecs support subtitle conversion well. You may try other encoders, they may not support subtitle conversion. There are errors after clicking the Convert button if the encoder does not support the subtitle conversion.

4. If you want to change the size of output file, Please set Bitrate (kbps) in the ffdshow video encoder configuration dialogbox. The Encoding bitrate is bigger, the picture is clearer, but the output file is bigger.

5. After open a video file, at the right bottom of Windows desktop, you will find 2 icons: Haali Media Splitter and DirectVobSub.

Right-click the Haali Media Splitter icon, you may change an audio stream or subtitle:

Right-click the DirectVobSub icon, you may change an audio stream or subtitle, or configure audio/video decoder, or DirectVobSub filter settings.

6. If your MKV file has subtitle, and you want to convert mkv to avi without subtitles, you can disable the function auto-loading in vsfilter. Select Start->Programs->Combined Community Codec Pack -> VSFilter Configuration-> General -> Loading -> Do not load. The default is Load when needed.

Then launch MKV To AVI With Subtitle to convert the video files.

If you want to playback the video file with subtitle, restore the default “Load when needed”.

7. At last, click the Convert button to start conversion. When converting mkv to avi, please do not change audio stream or subtitle.

Done!

For more information, Please visit its official site: MKV TO AVI CONVERTER, Convert MKV TO AVI DIVX XVID, Matroska Video to avi subtitle

hope it helps..

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

In softsubbed Matroska (.mkv) and .mp4 files, the subtitle is embedded into the file as a stream, but you can extract it into a separate file using a type of program called a demuxer. (I'm afraid I can't recommend a specific program for use under Windows, although VirtualDubMod may work for some Matroska files--find the "Streams" menu item.) Be warned that most fansub groups use ASS (styled) subs rather than straight SRT these days.

To convert to .avi with the subtitles in place, you need something that will burn them into the video, since standard AVIs can't contain soft subtitles. Unfortunately, I again can't give you specific direction--see if your program's help contains anything on "soft subtitles" or "soft-subs".

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ncaz View Post
    you have to :
    1. Download MKV to AVI With Subtitle and install & run it.
    Download URL: http://www.008soft.com/mkvtoavis.exe

2. Click the Open Video button, select an mkv file.

3. Click the Options button to configure the output options.

4. Click the Convert button to output video file.

Details:

Before you launch the program, recommend to install the MKV codec if you want to convert mkv to avi and with subtitle both.

Options dialogbox is used to select the options of the output clip.

1. If you just want to convert mkv to avi without subtitle. You may select Video compressor and Audio compressor such as DivX XviD codec as you need. (Some Video compressors and Audio compressors do not work).

If you want to convert MKV to avi file with its subtitle, you must install MKV codec pack before you launch the program. Select the Video compressor with “ffdshow video encoder”. The another name “ffdshow Video Codec” may not work.

2. Most audio compressors may not work well. Even they make the program crash. MKV to AVI with Subtitle sets Microsoft ADPCM as the default audio compressor.

If you want to view the converted avi file on the DVD/DIVX player or portable devices, you may try MPEG Layer-3 as Audio compressor. But the MP3 encoder bundled in Windows was made in 1997, 56kbps, and not stable. If your computer has installed Fraunhofer Radium MP3 codec, the conversion mkv to avi will work perfectly. But Fraunhofer does not retail the compressor.

3. Some video compressors have not the settings dialog box. After you select “ffdshow video encoder”, clicking the Settings button does not work. You may select the Windows menu Start->Programs->Combined Community Codec Pack->Filters->FFDShow VFW Codec Configuration->FFDShow VFW Codec Configuration. Or select “ffdshow Video Codec”, click the settings button, configure its settings, and then select “ffdshow video encoder” again.

The default encoder is MPEG-4, XVID, you may change FOURCC to DIVX, or DX50.

After we tested XVID or DIVX in ffdshow, the 2 codecs support subtitle conversion well. You may try other encoders, they may not support subtitle conversion. There are errors after clicking the Convert button if the encoder does not support the subtitle conversion.

4. If you want to change the size of output file, Please set Bitrate (kbps) in the ffdshow video encoder configuration dialogbox. The Encoding bitrate is bigger, the picture is clearer, but the output file is bigger.

5. After open a video file, at the right bottom of Windows desktop, you will find 2 icons: Haali Media Splitter and DirectVobSub.

Right-click the Haali Media Splitter icon, you may change an audio stream or subtitle:

Right-click the DirectVobSub icon, you may change an audio stream or subtitle, or configure audio/video decoder, or DirectVobSub filter settings.

6. If your MKV file has subtitle, and you want to convert mkv to avi without subtitles, you can disable the function auto-loading in vsfilter. Select Start->Programs->Combined Community Codec Pack -> VSFilter Configuration-> General -> Loading -> Do not load. The default is Load when needed.

Then launch MKV To AVI With Subtitle to convert the video files.

If you want to playback the video file with subtitle, restore the default “Load when needed”.

7. At last, click the Convert button to start conversion. When converting mkv to avi, please do not change audio stream or subtitle.

Done!

For more information, Please visit its official site: MKV TO AVI CONVERTER, Convert MKV TO AVI DIVX XVID, Matroska Video to avi subtitle

hope it helps..
    It's limited this program needs to be registered if you know what I'm saying..
    Last edited by yukino17; 06-23-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    In softsubbed Matroska (.mkv) and .mp4 files, the subtitle is embedded into the file as a stream, but you can extract it into a separate file using a type of program called a demuxer. (I'm afraid I can't recommend a specific program for use under Windows, although VirtualDubMod may work for some Matroska files--find the "Streams" menu item.) Be warned that most fansub groups use ASS (styled) subs rather than straight SRT these days.

To convert to .avi with the subtitles in place, you need something that will burn them into the video, since standard AVIs can't contain soft subtitles. Unfortunately, I again can't give you specific direction--see if your program's help contains anything on "soft subtitles" or "soft-subs".
    OK I'll try demuxing these formats I hope I could get the subtitles I already found a program that I will be using should I tell?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Usami (L2)Misaki (L1)Ritsuka (L7)
    Akira (L3)Suzuki-sanAyase (L8)
    Yogi (L1)Clear DM (L8)
    try too look at softpedia.com
    maybe,,it will help...

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Guys can't you give me or tell me the specific name of the program should I use? I'm having more problems searching and solving things by myself. I have already made tests with Yamb but I get error logs getting the subtitles from mp4&mkv format..
    Last edited by yukino17; 06-25-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Well, you could try this or this, depending on exactly what you're trying to achieve--those instructions include links to the necessary tools to make use of them. If that doesn't work, I can try to walk you through what I would do myself to solve the problem, but it involves the use of ugly command-line tools.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by eliddell View Post
    Well, you could try this or this, depending on exactly what you're trying to achieve--those instructions include links to the necessary tools to make use of them. If that doesn't work, I can try to walk you through what I would do myself to solve the problem, but it involves the use of ugly command-line tools.
    OK I'll try and see if works..

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Minna arigatou! hontou ni ureshii...that was great! ellidell-san you help me a lot thank you really..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast