aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by saphirolf View Post
    Um, it's been a long time I know since this thread was last replied to so I don't know if everyone had solved this issue.

I've only recently downloaded Silver Chaos Eternal Fantasia (yeah, I know...) and got the same issue as well after patching the english translation. After several hours spent looking for options and even tinkering with the avi file deletion and region change to Japanese, I found a solution.

What I did is, after patching the game, right click the link in the desktop to the game and choose properties. In the compatibility tab, I clicked the check box stating "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Mind you, I expected to get the mainsystem.exe error again but to my surprise, the game actually started! And it's patched in english successfully!

Upon deeper inspection, if you click the option to run it in 256 colours, it works as well but the resulting colours in the game are less desired...

I did not chose to run it as admin nor did I hit the compatibility option to windows xp or anything other.

I hope this may help whoever experienced the same issue.

Btw, I'm running on Windows 7 (32 bit I believe but the seller told me it was 64bit (Hmph!) with my Acer laptop.

Cheers!
    Hi, I had the same mainsystem.exe crash problem after fully installing the game and applying the english patch ("SCEFPatch.exe" in the "SCEF_Patch74.rar" file), and your post was really helpful!

At first it was still crashing even after checking the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"; after some trial-and-error, I finally got it working by checking the "Disable desktop composition" box by itself.

N.B.: Windows 7 user with a 64bit processor here.
    Last edited by finne; 07-30-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)Mookyul (L9)Havi (L6)
    Shiki (L9)Giulio Di Bondone (L1)(S018) Iron Rose
    Masato (L7)Ryoumei (L1)Byakuya  (L3)
    On Windows 8, none of the suggestions ever worked for me.
    So I started poking around.. and I noticed the GRAPHIC.cmp file in the PACK Folder was WAY smaller than the one from the downloaded game. So I replaced the GRAPHIC.CMP in the patched game.
    It's working great now. only caveat is that the Menu's are still in Japanese. But the dialogue in the game is all english
    Not really a great solution, but at least I can play the game!! I didn't have to use compatibility or make any changes to the shortcut.

ZionCelestia
    I have windows 8 and I'm experiencing the mainsystem.exe crash too. I've tried everything suggested and it doesn't work. I would try what the other window 8 user did but I have no idea how to go about it. Does anyone know how to fix it? I love this game and I played on my other computers just fine, I want to play it again.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aiichiro Nitori (L3)Ayase (L8)Rin Matsuoka (L9)
    Taki (L2)Shirotani Tadaomi (L8)Izumi (young) (L1)
    Shiro (L2)Aki HY (L8)Sonic (L6)
    I also Have a windows 8 and i want to play this. but i have a feeling its the patch. i tried everything i can to see if i can make it work but sadly nothing. ... it will only work if i dont put the english path.
    is there anyone that knows how to fix this problem without maisystem shutting down.
    And also when i downloaded the files i used Boot.exe to install since i couldnt find any file with and .img, .iso. nothing.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    You said you downloaded this from Yaoiotaku? I'm not sure what the files look like from there, like names of files and stuff...

But let's see... I had problems with the EF CS as well, but mostly because it wasn't a 100% translation patch, strictly a script patch, and not many of the extra's were in English (The quiz, for example, was a mess. Some of it was mistranslated so you'd get a wrong answer, and after the 8th question for Adonis' quiz it wasn't translated. *shrugs*)

What is this "Boot.exe" you're talking about? Is the download from Yaoiotaku just the files from the ISO, not the ISO itself?

I don't recall if you said you ran the game patch before the english patch or not, so I'll ask here. After installing the game, did you make sure to run the Game's system Patch BEFORE the English patch?

And, try installing the game somewhere else, instead of C:\Program Files (x86)\. Windows Vista/7 was particularly stickler about games and patches inside the programs folder, so a good practice is to install your games some place like C:\Games\ to make patching easier, and older games can save files properly.

Also, could you take a screenshot of the installed files, and any error messages you get? Thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

1.jpgNvm about the img. or iso i found it ;;
    2.jpgHere i put it in Daemon Tools and ran the game and installed it
    3.jpgThe game worked perfectly after i installed it. I launched the game without eng. patch yet
    4.jpg afterwords, i exited the game and went to my folder wear the eng. patch was and ran it and pressed patch, after that it showed "patch was successfull and enjoy" something withn those line;;;
    and after i launchd the game again. At first it showed a little banner of Silver chaos and after i went to "mainsystem not sorking" then i closed the program after... //i have a windows 8 hp // i dont know what went wrong.... ;; i hope you can help with this..

** wait what game patch? // dont we just need the Silver chaos fanbox and eng. patch?

//and this was the guide i followed.. * Silver Chaos Fanbox Eternal Fantasia Installation Guide **
    I followed each step. and i couldnt find that avi. there talking about in the folder;;
    Last edited by suzunehajime; 05-08-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: mispelled word;;

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Thanks for the screenshots!

Sorry about the patch confusion, the Yaoiotaku page I was looking at was for the first Silver Chaos game, not the fanbox so I got confused.

Anyway, according to this post here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...ml#post4116434

If the MainSystem.exe crash happens, to keep trying it again, and it may work. (They stated up to 10 times before it worked). *shrugs* I'm not sure about that! Hahah,

either way, I haven't tested this game in Windows 8 myself, as I only have Windows 7 and it did "work" there. I can't recall having any problems with the Fan Box, but I know I had issues with the first SC game (So I joined Aarinfantasy to find help).

It may just be a random crash, I'm afraid I don't know. I really need to get Windows 8 to test. >_<;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh! I had the avi on Silver Chaos it worked perfectly though;; but then after i just deleted it ;9

So do I keep clicking the icon 10 times???

Edited:
    Ok I kept clicking it more than 10 times nothing yet T ^ T
    Last edited by suzunehajime; 05-08-2014 at 06:16 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

OK! I'm on my home computer today where I have SC:EF installed, and.... I'm a complete idiot.

Yeah, just starting up the game causes the same problem. Solution? Make sure the SC:EF ISO is mounted before playing the game. It worked 100% of the time for me afterward. I'm sorry I forgot that this game had a security measure for checking to see if the CD was inserted. Try that...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Is sorry but what did you mean by security measure to see if the disk is inserted;;?

The game is mounted and afterwords i installed and launched it. Then put the patch on, then it stop working.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast