aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Silver Chaos help!

I've already installed it and patched it, and it works fine. The problem is:
    When I run it, after the introduction, where the vid is supposed to be played, the game crashes. I checked the content on the game folder and it says the video has .avi ext (I believe games should have a .mpeg ext)

I first tried to play the file using real player, and it told me there were missing codecs, weird 'cause my computer has all its codecs updated, so I tried playing it on the classic media player, the core media player, any media player that I could think of, and all of them told me I had missing codecs. I checked my codecs but everything was fine. So i decided to convert the file to .mpeg using an online converter. but when uploading the file it said sth like "c:\fakepath\blablabla" and it apparently began converting it, but at the end, it just popped a msg telling me the conversion had failed. I downloaded the trial version of the total video converter and tried converting the file, but when I clicked to it it just popped me a window with my desktop items.... maybe the file is corrupt? every single video converter did the same, and only with that file.

I tried uninstalling & reinstalling the game several times, deleting anything related to it on the registry, even instaling it on another computer and it just doesn't work... maybe because i'm running vista?? i'd gladly appreciate your help, because it's already driving me crazy -.-
    here are some screenies;

when SC crashes
    http://i41.tinypic.com/jr5p4k.jpg

and when I try to play the damn video
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z8z58h.jpg

please help me >.<
    P.S. I've already tried compatibility mode and it doesn't work

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Have a look at post #152 in the BL Games FAQ thread stickied above. Does that sound like you? If so, what you need is the old Indeo V5 codec (which wouldn't be in most modern codec packs), and that post links to a source.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

(Doublepost due to lag--::kicks server:: )

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

(S002) MisakiSai (L3)Asami (L5)
    Kusuriuri (L10)(S004) Taki(S009) Havi
    (S032) Ruruka(S020) Yokozawa

As eliddell said, there's one solution in post 152:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/2326925-post152.html

But I tried another that worked on my Vista. I was having exactly the same problem, and searching around I found this solution: I went to the DOS Prompt (running as Administrator, this is important, cuz it won't work otherwise) and typed regsvr32 ir50_32.dll. This command installs/registers the Indeo codec appropriately. From what I could understand, the codec comes in Vista too, but it's not properly installed, I guess...

Hope it helps!