aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

water444

Angry MKV file on MPC - No subtitles at all!!

I tried everything..I tried the VMR7 or 9 or whatever and it still doesn't work..I mean, I don't know what else to do besides downloading another player, which I don't want to, becuz my WMP can basically play everything now, even the MKV file subtitles, which I got it to work expect for the MPC..

I WANT to know what's wrong with MPC and why the subs just aren't coming up..It's frustrating me to hell becuz I know that I don't need that player to play whatever file but just the idea of not knowing what's wrong is just bugging me!!

I want to have the option to be able to use that player, not having it just sit there for AVI files and nothing else..

Please help me out!!

Cheers,

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Well, first, I suggest you check out if the file really has subtitles. You say that you tried the VRM7 or 9, did you restart it after?

I never experienced problems with subtitles, if it wouldn't appear, VRM9 was fine... so I really don't know what to suggest you. There is maybe an option where you can switch subtitles on/off, you should verify...

water444
    Yes, I did everything over and over and still nothing..Does it matter if the boxes next to 'Direct show video' also has to be clicked on..What I mean is, 'Real Media Video and Quick Time Video, plus under it, VMR7/9 renderless & Direct X 7/9 setting plus Resizer plus VMR9 mixer mode/ YUV mixing plus Direct show audio and the Lock back buffer thingy.."???

I mean, I've tried it with renderless 7 7 7 across and still nothing, I tried it with rendeless 9 9 9 across and still nothing and I have the Lock back buffer thing checked box and the 2d thingy marked also with either 777 or 999 across and still nothing..What am I doing wrong?? I don't know..Reason why I LOVE WMP so much..It's no hassle to use and it works!!

This sucks..

Take Care!!

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Umm... quick fixes that are basic but can still easily be forgotten:

You've right-clicked to check that the subtitles were selected right? Sometimes stuff having dual audio/subtitles messes things up.

Also, you've got CCCCP, I assume. Try uninstalling and installing that and media player classic again.

Thirdly, sometimes files are encoded badly and work on some players but not others so... maybe it's the final?

water444
    I hate VLC due to the bulkiness of the size and whenever I play something on it, the screen lads and the pic is blurred, like when a DVD is scratched or and the pick just ****!!

I downloaded the thing again and once again, VLC is the same, so, I give up on the thing..

I do recall dling the CCCP pack and I do have the FFDshow whatever plus the Halix whatever thingy and as for MPC, and the Dobsov thingy..LOL..

I'm not sure, so, should I get rid of those two above and redo the whole thing?? Keep in mind, when it comes to computers, I just suck, big time, so, I don't want to screw it up..

The group that subbed that anime is Shine something and I know the anime does contain subtitles...

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by water444 View Post
    I hate VLC due to the bulkiness of the size and whenever I play something on it, the screen lads and the pic is blurred, like when a DVD is scratched or and the pick just ****!!

I downloaded the thing again and once again, VLC is the same, so, I give up on the thing..

I do recall dling the CCCP pack and I do have the FFDshow whatever plus the Halix whatever thingy and as for MPC, and the Dobsov thingy..LOL..

I'm not sure, so, should I get rid of those two above and redo the whole thing?? Keep in mind, when it comes to computers, I just suck, big time, so, I don't want to screw it up..

The group that subbed that anime is Shine something and I know the anime does contain subtitles...
    It can also be the subtitle group that forgot to put the subtitles IN while encoding it, resulting in an episode without subs. I'm pretty sure it's that... Just hope the group will release a new version to fix that (or contact them)...

water444
    I tried to watch the video in WMP and it worked fine, well, it lad at bit and overall, it sucked, BUT it did have subtitles, so, its definitely something wrong with MPC and I've decided days ago, that I'll get rid of MPC and altogether, just outright deleted the damn files..I mean, the anime is Barasa something and AF has to it..

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

If you have such problems with subtitles you can: make simylare name of the files by way of copy the name of MKV file and put it in name of subs, or delet yours subs and load another, or reinstail yours MPC. Fined latest version of this player, load and instail. Such procedure helps me alot. sorry for my english!

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Motoko Kusanagi (L9)Kai (L8)Hal (L9)
    Shiki R (L6)Yukimura Sanada B10 (L6)Rokurou B10 (L5)
    TotoroBlack Cat 1Mukuro (L10)

try smplayer if you dislike vlc. 99% it's going to play the subs. i had many similar probs with mpc and that's why stopped using it.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Rei (L3)Shinji (L4)Kaworu (L4)
    Aki (L7)Akihito (L4)Sono (L3)
    Reinhard (L10)Saralegui (L3)Shinobu (L6)
    Use smplayer