aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Silver chaos - problems installing the game and official patch

Hi there everyone!

I just downloaded my very first BL game and was very determined be able to play. Buuut, well, it didn't and doesn't work out!

I've downloaded the game, the official patch and the English patch.

I've installed the game, like it's said in the Instructions.txt-file. I installed the game with the 600MB-option. At the end of the installation a window would pop open - I guess it's something like an error message (screenshot of it at the end of my post). I was redirected to the beginning's menu, where the PLAY-button (and the UNINSTALL-button...) is still grey and the INSTALL-button still active.

Though an Icon for Silver Chaos appeared on my desctop. I tried to start the game, but it would repeatedly ask for a CD.

So I just burned the content of the Silver Chaos.zip-file onto a CD and threw it in my computer.

And whow! suddenly Silver Chaos started. I can't uninstall (e.g. the uninstall-button stays grey!) the game, so I just deleted the folder of the game and reinstalled from the CD (the last times I put the games folder just where I wanted, but now I put it into my programs-folder).

I can play the game. It's just working a little slow. It takes long to start, but the rest is okay. Sound's okay, the time that the words take to appear is also okay - but it's still on Japanese.

So I've tried to install the official Patch 1.2, but everytime I start the SETUP-file, a window will appear - you can see something's loading (preparing for the installation etc) but then suddenly a windows pops up and the installation doesn't go on!

I think the problem of not being able to install the official patch lies within the problem of the game's installation. So if I could solve the problem, or better to say if I could solve the problem of the mysterious window popping up at the end of the game's installation - I think then everything would work out.

I can't install the English patch, too. But I think that's because I haven't/couldn't install the official patch. Though the English patches setup tells me Silver Chaos isn't installed. Although it IS installed, somehow.

Here is a screenshot of the window which pops up at the end of the game's installation:

Here is a screenshot of the window which pops up while trying to install the official patch:

I - for my part - am totally confused and dunno what to do anymore.
    I hope someone understood my explanation and can somehow help me. D':

hugs,
    Lennia

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Shiva (L1)Maya (L1)Pandora (L3)
    Judas (L7)Kira (L1)Shin (L5)
    I’ve never used the BL game you’re working with, but if it’s any assistance:

The error message you receive when you use SETUP says:

ゲームがインストールされていません
    The game was not installed.
    The second message says:

インストールに失敗しました
    Failed to install.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for your reply! It's pretty helpful to actually know what these messages say. Thanks x3

So, has anyone an idea why the installation isn't working?
    Some tips?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yozak (L4)Yuki HS (L1)Motomi TnC(L2)
    Pray for Japan
    ok if you don't want to have to use the CD ( you need to select the second option when you are instaling it.

I'm sorry as for the other stuff I didn't try to instal the game that way so I don't know >.<

but the other way should work
    Last edited by Katsuo2007; 03-24-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks for the reply x3
    I did use the second option (which says 600MB blablabla), everytime I tried to install it. But the game only started when I used the CD.

Not to forget that I've always been told by my computer that the game hasn't been installed, though it seems like it has been installed - I can play it! o.o (though I didn't play long, just until the first person appeared on screen - buut it worked!)

So, I'm confused. Why says my computer everytime at the end of the installation that the game hasn't been installed - but I can play it? But the installation setup's menu itself says indirectly that the game hasn't been installed, too. The UNINSTALL-button remains grey and I cannot click on it, while the INSTALL-button remains clickable.

Could it be that my computer somehow blocks the sucessful installation? Or does my computer miss some programm (I have DirectX installed [I think o.o])? It's so not logical that it doesn't work. And it's so mean. ;__;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yozak (L4)Yuki HS (L1)Motomi TnC(L2)
    Pray for Japan
    hmmmm you might try seting up DirectX If your not sure you have it.
    can you tottaly uninstal it?
    Let me know. (I try my best to help you out! I know how it feels)

dezso199
    Check this, I hope it will help. I installed the game with no problems.

YouTube - How to Install Silver Chaos 1 with English Patch

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh my god! Guys, I don't know why or which sense is in it ... but finally I was able to install it successfully! *cries tears of joy*
    I think I made a mistake while changing this language option for non-Unicode programs (so that the letters will be displayed). I think I overread the part in the description after the [change the Uni-code thing] which says "in the Code Page Conversion Tables select Japanese". < I think I didn't do that, maybe that's the reason it didn't work?!

Well, nevermind, I just thought why don't I try installing the game without changing the language options - so that I could only see lettersalad while installing - and yeah, it WORKED!
    It's first time the game was reaaally reaally installed (the INSTALL button in the install-setup turned grey while the UNINSTALL button became clickable for the first time!), so I could install the official patch without problems, too - and then the English patch worked also!

I'm soo happy! I'm gonna be playing all night long today, you bet! ^__^
    Thanks for your concern and help you two (three)!
    Hugs and kisses! <3 <3 <3