aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

How to run older games before Win Vista + XP

Hi all,

After answering and typing the below a few times, here is a step by step guide to run your games / programs that don't automatically work in Win 7, but they worked in Win XP.

For BL games you must install and change your computer settings to Japanese first!! For instructions see - http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post3463629

So to run Games (and really programs) on a Win 7 PC as Win XP please follow this steps exactly!!!!,

• Please install the game / program + all its patches
    • Right click on the desktop shortcut for the newly install game / program.
    • select troubleshooting Incompatibility (2nd Option) next
    • Select troubleshoot program (2nd Option) next
    • Select Option 1 this program work .... next
    • Select Win XP service park 3 next
    • then click start program

Most games and programs will run fine.

After installing over 53 BL games, only 1 hasn't worked and that was Lamanto. This is only because I am using the 64 bit verision of Windows (irrespective whether its 64 bit Vista or Win 7, the game just only run on a 32bit operating system )... So those who have Win, but a 32 bit version the above compatibility settings will work.
    F
    Last edited by Keita4ever; 05-03-2011 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Titling + grammer

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate you can download Windows XP Mode to run games and software that is not compatible with Windows 7. It can be download from Microsoft.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

If you have Windows 7 or Vista Home edition, you can download a VMware Player (just need to register), and as long as you have a CD key for XP.
    Detailed instructions here:
    Create an XP Mode for Windows 7 Home Versions & Vista - How-To Geek

It's rather troublesome though, so if you have an old laptop or something lying around it's probably easier to just format that and use it.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Charley (L8)Nano (L5)Maes Hughes (L6)
    Aomine (L10)Shiki (L9)Badou (L5)
    (S025) OzakiNaoki (L5)Ryuunosuke (L5)

Oh, and also the Chinese version of Togainu no Chi won't work by troubleshooting compatibility (at least mine didn't), I think it doesn't work on 64bit systems at all.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Xmas (008)Konata (L5)Xmas (014)
    Kagami KnB (L8)Akira TnC (L9)Sebastian (L8)
    Tetsuo (L9)(S027) Usami AkihikoYukimura SB (L10)
    Well I wanted to play Hunks Workshop again after a long time and the game, after a few seconds open, doesn't respond and I have to close it (it freezes).

That happened with my NEW laptop but when I play it with my OLD laptop (the very same game, with the very same setup) it runs normally.

I already tried with the instructions you provided but the problem persists. Any idea of what this means? Maybe this game can't be run at all with new Windows...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sion (L4)Nezumi (L3)Konoe (L2)
    (S004) TakiAyase (L8)Akira TnC (L1)
    Ginko (L6)Zexion (L6)(Event) Forum - Ryouma
    I've done everything you said, and I have a 32 bit version of Win7 Ultimate, but Lamento still has some problems. When I try to start it with the troubleshoot, it doesn't work (and the computer can't give me any solutions to this problem). However, when I start it seperately, it works, and the warning only comes when I close the game.
    What should I do? ;_; I'm afraid that when I start playing, it suddenly doesn't work anymore or so...

Himeyuri
    So there's no hope on playing lamento and sweet pool for windows 7 64bit?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Quote Originally Posted by Himeyuri View Post
    So there's no hope on playing lamento and sweet pool for windows 7 64bit?
    saddly no ..its strictly a 32bit system game....
    there is a way ...but its very ...computer advanced ... you can install an XP emulator(32bit has all of the required dlls in the correct versions) onto your windows 7....while this "xp" will run your game in 32 bit ...your inside a "window" on your regular screen...its pricey and needs an advanced techie to do it....not worth the time or money
    at least not for a game ....as much loved as it is ....perhaps if you have the funds try getting a used lappy thats running a XP 32bit system .....hope this is of a little help ...and so sorry for the bad news ...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Keita4ever View Post
    Hi all,

After answering and typing the below a few times, here is a step by step guide to run your games / programs that don't automatically work in Win 7, but they worked in Win XP.

For BL games you must install and change your computer settings to Japanese first!! For instructions see - http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...ml#post3463629

So to run Games (and really programs) on a Win 7 PC as Win XP please follow this steps exactly!!!!,
    • Please install the game / program + all its patches
    • Right click on the desktop shortcut for the newly install game / program.
    • select troubleshooting Incompatibility (2nd Option) next
    • Select troubleshoot program (2nd Option) next
    • Select Option 1 this program work .... next
    • Select Win XP service park 3 next
    • then click start program
    Most games and programs will run fine.

After installing over 53 BL games, only 1 hasn't worked and that was Lamanto. This is only because I am using the 64 bit verision of Windows (irrespective whether its 64 bit Vista or Win 7, the game just only run on a 32bit operating system )... So those who have Win, but a 32 bit version the above compatibility settings will work.
    F

I followed the steps exactly as it is and when I started the program, it has ERROR:BLACK then ERROR:bg273 on the black screen...
    I have Win 7 Home Premium with 64bit. The game I'm trying to play is Omerta~Chinmoku no Okite
    If I launch the game in a normal setting, it says "window has stopped the program from working blah blah.."
    I've tried everything so far - DEP, msconfig.exe, reinstaling the game, and etc. I'm really at my limits.
    Can you please help me?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by derne View Post
    I followed the steps exactly as it is and when I started the program, it has ERROR:BLACK then ERROR:bg273 on the black screen...
    I have Win 7 Home Premium with 64bit. The game I'm trying to play is Omerta~Chinmoku no Okite
    If I launch the game in a normal setting, it says "window has stopped the program from working blah blah.."
    I've tried everything so far - DEP, msconfig.exe, reinstaling the game, and etc. I'm really at my limits.
    Can you please help me?
    Hello!

Did you happen to have any error messages when installing the game? Or any other problems for that matter?

Where did you download the game from, and which set of instructions did you follow to install it?