aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Installing Japanese in Win 7, 8 and beyond

Hi all

After reading many posts about this and sadly the excellent Guide to install Japanese for Win 98 to XP is no longer applicable to Win 7.

The Mac Instruction Guide is still valid for Snow Leopard and later XOS verisions so see here for instructions - http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...ml#post1253318

Note to fellow people with Macs: All BL games won't work on Macs, so we need to install either XP or Win 7 via bootcamp and then install Japanese on XP or Win 7 to get them to work.

This guide lists the steps to install Japanese onto your Win 7 Pro and beyond operating system so that you can then install your BL games and Japanese programs.

Installing Japanese on to Your PC

Win 7, by default won't have the languages installed for Non Japanese PCs nor are they avilable on the Win 7 install Disc. So you need to install the languages via the Win 7 Pro (and beyond) Update so you need the web to download other languages.

• Go to you Windows Update menu
    • Expand the Optional Update Section and select Japanese

• Download and install then see belw

Setting Your Unicode Language to Japanese

Aka all your installed english programs will still be in English, but you will also be able to successfully install and run Japanese programs and games compatible with your version of Win 7 i.e. just 32 bit and 64 bit

Note: Some programs and games will not work on the 64 bit version i.e. Lamento etc)
    Please see this brilliant guide on the web for Setting "non-Unicode Programs" - Windows 7
    For those interested in typing in Japanese please see these additional instructions on the web for Installing and Typing Japanese on Vista / Windows 7
    Last edited by Keita4ever; 07-21-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Titling

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Annie SnK (L7)Hange SnK (L7)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Ryūko (L8)Spacer 1Satsuki KLK (L9)
    (S076) SilverAsh(S054) Prompto Argentum(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    Thanks for the useful post. I'd also like to point out an alternative for those who don't like to use Windows Update/can't use it etc.

Look at this post and download the appropriate link: Japanese Language Pack for Windows 7
    Then, double-click the downloaded file and let it install.

It's also important to note full language packs only work on Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate. Not that I've been able to test, though. I don't know an alternative to that problem.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by DaemonDragon View Post
    Thanks for the useful post. I'd also like to point out an alternative for those who don't like to use Windows Update/can't use it etc.

Look at this post and download the appropriate link: Japanese Language Pack for Windows 7
    Then, double-click the downloaded file and let it install.

It's also important to note full language packs only work on Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate. Not that I've been able to test, though. I don't know an alternative to that problem.
    then,how about window 7 starter??

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Togainu no Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Keita4ever View Post
    Hi all

After reading many posts about this and sadly the excellent
    Guide to install Japanese for Win 98 to XP
    is no longer applicable to Win 7.

The Mac Instruction Guide is still valid it works on Snow Leopard so see here - http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t6...ml#post1253318

Note to fellow people with Macs: All BL games won't work on Macs, so we need to install either XP or Win 7 and then install Japanese on XP or Win 7 to get them to work.

This guide lists the steps to install Japanese onto your Win 7 and beyond operating system so that you can then install your BL games and Japanese programs.

Installing Japanese on to Your PC

Win 7, by default won't have the languages installed for Non Japanese PCs nor are they avilable on the Win 7 install Disc. So you need to install the languages via the Win 7 (and beyond) Update so you need the web to download other languages.
    • Go to you Windows Update menu
    • Expand the Optional Update Section and select Japanese - see below
    http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/the_lioncharmer/Language-Pack-for-windows-7.jpg
    • Download and install then see belw
    Setting Your Unicode Language to Japanese

The benefit for just changing you Unicode language to Japanese is all your programs will still be in English, but your Japanese programs and games that is compatible with your version of Win 7 i.e. just 32 bit and 64 bit (as some programs and games will not work on the 64 bit version i.e. Lamento etc) will install and run
    Please see this brilliant guide on the web for Setting "non-Unicode Programs" - Windows 7
    For those interested in typing in Japanese please see these additional instructions on the web for Installing and Typing Japanese on Vista / Windows 7

please help when i play togainru no chi on rins route the game cuts off

Last edited by angerbda; 11-25-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Removed img tags in quoted image

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Grimmjow (L6)(S012) Hollow IchigoBahamut
    ChocoboGareki (L6)Rin TnC (L1)
    Sesshoumaru (L7)Amon (L1)Akira (L1)
    I downloaded Togainu no Chi for my laptop but I can't get it to go into Japanese or any other language and found out it's because mine is windows 7 home premium. *head desks hard* So I'm just going to play the game without knowing anything that is going on. I love bill gates *strangles him*

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Don't blame Bill Gates for you not reading Premium's features

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For people who have Starter:

1) Download theVistalizator
    2) Download the Japanese langauge pack ( 32 bits / 64 bits )
    3) Open Visualizator and click 'add language'. Select the Japanese.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Quote Originally Posted by danf View Post
    For people who have Starter:

1) Download theVistalizator
    2) Download the Japanese langauge pack ( 32 bits / 64 bits )
    3) Open Visualizator and click 'add language'. Select the Japanese.
    Just a remark
    Anyone who uses this method with Windows 7 needs to be aware that the Windows will not be Genuine anymore... [http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...7-e6a37bc5be1a, Suddenly my windows 7 is not authentic software - Microsoft Answers]
    Found a comment/suggestion that can be of use:
    whenever using Vistalizator to install MUIs on non-supported editions of Windows 7 (e.g. Home Premium), use its internal installation mode instead of the Express mode.
    [Windows 7 Validated As Non-Genuine on Unsupported Editions with MUI Language Pack Installed « My Digital Life]

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    hummmm ...okay ...I have a very very simple way to get other languages to be on all window versions...
    1- get your Asian fonts installed(a search will find them)..install those...
    2- find some one that has a version of windows that has "multi-lingual" ability already ..copy their i386 folder(inside this is where all those languages are) *borrow* a copy of it...usb pen drive works for this
    3- go to regional settings in your own comp (usually found in control panel "date,time ... etc. click that)
    4- select to add "east" asian languages
    5- it will then ask where it is to look .... browse and point it to the usb pen drive with the "borrowed" material
    6- your done.... hug your friend for being generous....and pass the pizza

***I just did this between my two comps ...mind you both are XP pro ...but one was a bare bones student version ...the other a "gran-pappy" from 2004 ...both are still "windows genuine" and can go to up-date and all no problems ...recently other friends tried this out and it works on those also.....I returned the "borrowed material" to my friend the same day as I got it ....thanked him ...and now have "East Asian" languages on my comp

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Gian (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Ivan (L4)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Badou (L5)Akira TnC (L9)
    Quote Originally Posted by xakiraxshiki View Post
    I downloaded Togainu no Chi for my laptop but I can't get it to go into Japanese or any other language and found out it's because mine is windows 7 home premium. *head desks hard* So I'm just going to play the game without knowing anything that is going on. I love bill gates *strangles him*
    I'm so glad you stated this. I downloaded TnC today and couldn't figure out for the life of me why I couldn't get the language packs, like everyone was saying. Now I know why. Oh well, I will play the game without knowing what is being said it looks like..lol. Yay for awesome art! XD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast