aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

View Poll Results: Your Choice for August 2010 Fiction of the Month?

Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Bubblegum Flavoured Kisses by Edokun519

0 0%
  • World on Fire by hayley_beth24

6 66.67%
  • The Way Things Are by Ainian

1 11.11%
  • The Stroke Master by Edokun519

2 22.22%
    Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

Fiction of the Month - August 2010

Fiction of the Month

Showcases a piece or original or fan-fiction by one of our gifted authors from within the Aarinfantasy community. This award replaces the current SOTM contests in the Fictions section.

Eligibility

Story/Chapter must have been posted in current month.

Nomination Format

Story Title:
    Author: (Link to profile of the author)
    Derivation: (Original or Fanfiction)
    Genre:
    Link: (Permalink to story)
    Rating: (18+ OR 17.99)
    Date Posted/Updated:
    Reason for Nomination:

Rules

• Only fiction posted on aarinfantasy is eligible.

• Limit of 3 Nominations per User: Any given member can only nominate a maximum of three fics monthly.

• Limit of 1 Nomination-Post Per Story: If the Work/Candidate you want to nominate for the award has already been nominated by someone else in the current month's thread, simply vote for that entry as instructed in How to Vote.

• You MAY Nominate Your own story.

• Link to contest/voting thread in your signature - is allowed.

• No Spamming - via PM, VM or Threads to beg for Votes.

• FOTM is chosen through Voting. First 3 weeks (1st-21st) of the month for submission, then it will be closed for submission (22nd) and the last week (23rd-29th) will be for Voting. Link to voting thread will be updated here on the last week of the month. We will announce the winner at the last day of the month (30th or 31st).

Send your Nomination to this username through Private Message (PM): AF Forum Contest.
    Important: You must write in the PM subject as "Nomination for FOTM"

Schedule
    FOTM is chosen through Voting. First 3 weeks (1st-21st) of the month for submission, then it will be closed for submission (22nd) and the last week (23rd-29th) will be for Voting. Link to voting thread will be updated here on the last week of the month. We will announce the winner at the last day of the month (30th or 31st)

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

August 2010 - Fiction of the Month - Nominated Stories

Story Title: Bubblegum Flavoured Kisses
    Author: Edokun519
    Derivation: fanfiction
    Genre: pwp, romance, comedy
    Link: Clicky
    Rating: 18+
    Date Posted/Updated: August 20, 2010
    Reason for Nomination:
    Because this fic was one of the funnest things I ever wrote! Considering how horribly hot it has been all summer, particularly this month, I think this fic properly represents the month of August

Story Title: World on Fire
    Author:
    hayley_beth24
    Derivation:
    original story
    Genre:
    Comedy, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural
    Link: World on Fire [Chapter. 18 ~ August 08]
    Date Posted/Updated:
    posted: 04-24-2010, last update: 08-08-2010
    Reason for Nomination:
    because this story is truly exceptional and amazing.
    it's not just like reading yet another romance story. the reader feels like he's a part of it, seeing the wonderful things hayley describes - through the eyes of the main character. everything's just so vivid. the world she creates is amazing and unbelievable, full of magic, passion and longing. it's like hayley gives her readers a first class ticket to enjoy the colourful fireworks right from the front row.
    everytime i finished an update i recognized yet another piece of the puzzle adds to the whole picture, and i can't wait to read more, to know more about the relationship which is developping between the two main characters and to learn more about everyone's past. once you've started, it's just like you can't stop - hayley's words are enchanting you with seemingly the same unbelievable special magic her character lucian possesses

Story Title: The way things are
    Author: Ainian
    Derivation: Fanfiction
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Family, Fluff, Romance, Suspense, Tragedy
    Link: The way things are
    Rating: 18
    Date Posted/Updated: Last update (for now) 8/12/10
    Reason for Nomination:
    I haven't read such through-full story in quite some time! The scenes are very well worked out AND the Author doesn't skip scenes (example- they met and they went to bed already >_>) The story has even flow, like you are watching someone's life right before your own eyes. The plot is thoughtout and carefully worked out. Story might not be done yet, but I believe that it won't disappoint anyone who reads it.
    I really like this story.

Story Title: The Stroke Master
    Author: Edokun519
    Derivation: Fanfiction
    Genre: PWP/Romance/Comedy
    Link: Clicky
    Date Posted/Updated: August 12 (technically this is updated date. I meant to just edit and update and got annoyed at it in my tiredness and deleted it, so this is the resubmitted date. Previous date was July 31st.)
    Reason for Nomination:
    Because people tell me they love how my fics always integrate smut and comedy and that I should enter one or two in contests. I'm not on livejournal at all, where 99.9% of fic contests are held, so I figured I'd submit one to Aarin! I can't draw or use photoshop, so writing is all I have and I take great pride in it and I hope that others will like my fics as much as I like writing them.