aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

View Poll Results: Have you read this manga before?

Voters
36. This poll is closed
  • Yes

9 25.00%
  • Have not read before

27 75.00%
    Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

VOTE: Manga Review of The Month (MROTM) - July 2015

There is only one entry this month ^_^;;; So it's an auto win.

~

Username:

Schneider
    Manga Title:
    Papa's Assassin - Ryuunosuke Wa Tonde Yuku
    Manga Artist:
    Shoowa
    Manga Cover:

Review:
    When it comes to stories with controversial relationships, most works I've come across tend to take a light approach and focus more on the fetish rather the plot itself. They're meant to be light, romantic and overall no-brainer. When I picked Papa's assassin, I was expecting something along similar lines, after all it is tagged under smut. But I was surprised by mangaka's take on the subject. Released in 2011 with just 6 chapters scanlated, I'm not sure if I'll ever manage to finish this series. Still, whatever I read of it so far was enough to form an impression and it was pretty enjoyable.
    Ryuunosuke, a 16 year old teenager, is infatuated with his good looking father, Daniel. He has no idea Daniel isn't his real father, in fact they're not even related whatsoever. Daniel is troubled with typical teenage parental woes when he uncovers something that suggested his son might be gay. Ryuunosuke is a mess, not only he can't tell Daniel he likes men, there is another bigger secret he is hiding. But then things begin to change when Ryuunosuke meets someone...

I personally recommend this manga to anyone who digs forbidden relationships kind of stories but haven't come across many that are written in a way that almost seem believable. I loved the artwork style as well, the cover page makes it look a bit like Bara but it isn't bara. All in all, a good story with lots of variations involved. With the existing chapters out, don't expect much out of it except to enjoy the ride, as the series will leave you with cliffhanger.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Natori (L10)Strawberry Cake 1Natsume (L10)
    Fire PhoenixHeart 4 (Rainbow)MeatBun
    Kei Nagai (L7)Edward (L10)Jin Ling (L2)

Good review; short but sweet, and tells us just enough to make us want to read it too. Congrats!

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Katou (L9)Heart 5 (Red)Iwaki (L9)
    Katou (L6)Heart 1 (Blue)Iwaki (L6)
    Haruka Nanase (L10)Haru Kato (L8)Yukihito (L1)

Thanks to this good review I will take the chance to read this manga....well done

Extreme Yaoi Guru

physically: Berlin; mentally: Skyhold/Frostback Mountains
    Savings

Dorian Pavus (L9)The Iron Bull (L3)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)Anders (L4)
    (Event) Forum - JuzumaruZevran Arainai (L8)Wolfwood (L10)

I didn't know it before but I totally read it and it's too bad that the continuation never got scanlated... it's a really good story, different from most of the stuff you find today...

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)MROTM - 1 StarWing 1 (Right)
    (S063) Kensuke OoshibaXmas (002)(S062) Hasekura Asaya
    (Event) Forum - Setagawa MasahiroLove (02) left(Event) Forum - Kousuke Ooshiba

Yeah, nice review, even its just one, sweet one too. Thanks Schneider. I will read that since its a forbidden relationship and I havent read it yet. :P

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Jaehee (L5)For Me (Xmas)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Dai Lee (L5)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)

SHOOWA is on my approved list. I think I've read almost all of her scanlated stuff. Her recent books are playful and irreverent, kind of crazy and sometimes even funky. Her first books were a little more mature and darker. I prefer those but Shoowa is always a good read, whether you want smut, drama, romance, angst or comedy, she always manages to pull off any of those genres.

Papa's Assassin has a plus on my list, the protagonist is a very attractive oyaji ;D