aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'VIP' section

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Ichiru (L4)Zero (L8)Sebastian (L6)
    Grell (L5)L (L10)Light (L8)
    Howl (L3)(S003) LelouchNekozawa (L2)
    A lot of people are (though I do have a special fondness for f***k, myself XD). I just think that other people like to use those types of words when writing their fictions and whatnot. I didn't realize that it was something that was already being looked into.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

This type of modification would require a lot of 'overhead' within the code. The way the word censor works is that it scans posts for words. Say I censor the word 'ahole'. A user tries to post this:

You're such a ahole!

It is not stored in the database, or the cache, that way. It is actually stored as:

You're such a *****!

Now, if I wanted to allow users to turn this feature on / off, it would have to store both copies of the message. Thus doubling the size of both the cache and database.

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Um... I'm just wondering about something a bit odd... I did a search out of curiosity for the word sh!t and the word f*ck. (Yeah, can't spell it out cause of the censor... ****) and I got hits. I got plenty of hits actually, and when I looked at the posts the words were starred out. (Though the search stated the words as it was over the results and not stars.) And the different searches came up with different results.

So I am wondering, does the forum distinguish the words from each other even after they've been starred out? That it does in fact keep a record of what the words are despite the censor? Or did it in effect search up four stars (****)? The latter seems a bit less likely given the differing results of the search.

Anyone know? I am just asking out of curiosity...
    (I happen to have one that's been trained in swordplay by Sephiroth...)

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

(S020) YokozawaDS_001_mid(S016) Takano
    DS_001_leftKuroDS_001_right
    (S011) Usami FuyuhikoSesshoumaru (L10)Claude (L4)

i think having a place to vent and talk about hot-topic issues is a good idea, but there's a place for that elsewhere... i don't think it's necessary or even adds to the quality of the aarinfantasy site/experience. it's just an invitation for fights and discrimination. also, it'll make the forum less inviting to newcomers. who wants to come to place where their ideas or beliefs will be attacked? even without a forum/thread for such political/religious vents, there have been threads that have heated opinions yaoi/anime related where it had become too aggressive and even offensive at some level; i can only imagine how religious and political issues will be received... however, i do understand the concept if you don't wanna get burned stay out of the kitchen (thus making this debate forum password protected/18+), but what if the fire gets so big that it doesn't just stay in the kitchen? it's more work for the mods to run around the forum putting out the flames and there may even be some casualties (members being potentially banned). all in all, if you want to have such discussions, pm, im, and all that other good stuff would be the better options. personally, i'd prefer to keep all of that type of stuff out of the forum and keep it anime/yaoi related. that is the reason why people come to aarinfantasy, right?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Shiva (L1)Maya (L1)Pandora (L3)
    Judas (L7)Kira (L1)Shin (L5)

Wink Heavier Topics Have Their Own Fora!

With due respect to bloodygem and other proponents of this suggestion, I humbly disagree. I think that the nature of this particular forum is such that it is incompatible with the types of heated and controversial topics that would very quickly arise. I can also say out of experience that more “controversial” topics become not only divisive for a forum, but they also present an entirely new and unique set of hardships for the members of the administration and the moderators. I think that we should keep this a place for our spirited discussions of BL and yaoi topics, and keep heavier topics on other forums where they are the focus.

Sorry, bloodygem! <3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123