aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji View Post
    Word replacement fun time!

"Detective Baker, glared disgustedly at the senior officer. “Put the god dam cigarette out fricking pre-schooler! This is not one of your 'I’m the big crap' cases! That fricking killed a kid, want me to draw you a picture, Connor. He ripped his ass out!” A tense silence followed the outburst. “Captain put this sick frick back in gen pop, they will take care of all this political bull crap.”

...couldn't resist
    LMAO! = oops wont censor no fun in that! You got me imagining these hard ass cops talking like they got voice overs. Thanks for the replacement.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Zack (L8)Cloud (L9)(S001) Endo
    Heero (L4)Kotetsu (L2)Seifer (L10)
    Hasegawa (L3)Zechs (L7)Jin Kazama (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    LMAO! = oops wont censor no fun in that! You got me imagining these hard ass cops talking like they got voice overs.
    And then instead of cigarettes they can be sucking on lollipops

Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ASHke View Post
    And then instead of cigarettes they can be sucking on lollipops
    real hard to say **** while sucking, Good idea, I did make him quite btw. XP

In any event, it would be nice, to get rid of it, i.e.***
    We can disable, "smiles" in a thread what if it were an option for the "original" thread poster? Perhaps

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

Quote Originally Posted by nemine View Post
    (Also, I don't get why do people say "if you can read yaoi, why can't you handle cursing" since I don't see a connection there much, even though they use the f-word in some, not all, mangas. )
    To me it's a question of context. This thread is only focused on 18+ sections. Those sections are 18+ because they contain explicit sexual content. Sex = f-ing. Since this is a yaoi forum, the explicit sexual content leans heavily toward anal sex. Anal sex = close encounters with s. Can you image people trying to discuss yaoi without being allowed to use the words "ass" and "dick"? To a lot of people, the a word and the d word are what make yaoi different from het. It's a guy, he's got a d that he puts in another guy's a. That's what yaoi is. A d and an a going together to make a hot f.

It's not hard to talk in code. We know what f and s and d and a are. But that's the whole point. Everyone here is a yaoi fan. We all know what f and s and d and a stand for. Why are we still talking in code? Who are we hiding from? There aren't any kids or enemies we need to hide the subject matter from by creating our own "secret code".

/as an aside

...when did sh*t become a forbidden word? I can see it in old fics. I know I've used it constantly as an expletive. I'm terrified now to look through my already posted stuff to see how many of those **** are being misread as the f word. For my characters, the s word is a "safe" alternative to the f word - the two are not interchangeable.

Honestly, if we can still say piss I think the other bodily function should be safe. Especially with the focus on anal sex (in those 18+ sections). I'm curious how the admin are deciding which words are bad and which are okay. The s word is a great replacement curse for the forbidden f word, but now we can't use that either. When did that happen? And what's the next word to go?

...I don't mind using "crap" and "darn" around my mother. I was raised to be meet her standard of "acceptable" language. I put "language" warnings on my fics. If someone tells me a word I've used is offensive to them, I either stop using that word or stop talking to them. I don't think we're giving ourselves enough credit. If you tell members not to curse outside 18+ threads, they'll follow that rule at least as much as they follow *any* rule on this forum. Those who break the language rule are the ones who'll break *any* rule on this forum. Rule-breakers should be disciplined and expelled. Whether or not rule-abiding members are given what they ask for shouldn't be decided based solely on how the rule-breakers might abuse the privilege.
    Last edited by Arigatomina; 11-07-2008 at 12:56 AM.

nemine
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHke View Post
    I don't understand why swears are considered impolite by some... It's just a word; in an of itself it shouldn't pose a threat to anyone, right? Being impolite would be saying things like "You're so stupid and ugly you don't even deserve to be in the same room as me" -- not "Yesterday I cried my f-u-c-k-i-n-g ass off when watching that sad anime" or whatever.
    I was talking about censoring in general, since if there's none, people could use the censored words to insult others. Words in itself are harmless, but people using them can make them hurtful. It's not hard to just stick a few curse-words in the right places of a harmless sentence, and it can become very insulting.
    (Btw, there are people who think cursing is impolite and disrespectful. I myself have been raised to think that, although nowadays I do swear. But even now I only swear when talking in English (or Russian), and that is all because of movies. )

Personally, I really don't think ditching the censoring will have any impact at all on the politeness and friendliness of people here.
    And on the flipside, homosexuality is frowned upon in many cultures. Know what I mean?
    I disagree. Although there are people who can keep it civilized, there is also well... Let's say immature people, in the lack of better word, who can misuse some words and make it rather nasty, if the censoring would be gone. And I am still talking about it in general, not meaning the fic-section, since Aarin already said that taking it off from one section alone might be impossible.
    Oh... And yes I know, I was also raised to think it is a disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Arigatomina View Post
    To me it's a question of context. This thread is only focused on 18+ sections.
    Can you image people trying to discuss yaoi without being allowed to use the words "ass" and "dick"?
    Yeah sorry that I started to talk about it in general more than just 18+.
    And it's not that hard considering, that English is such a rich language. There's a lot of different words for 'ass' and 'dick'.

Quote Originally Posted by CrisNoWait View Post
    I think this has come up under a different topic:
    Is it possible "only" the person who starts a thread can avoid the censoring nightmare? That would be only open in the fiction section, of course.
    That would be nice, but I don't think it's possible. Admins can't just do some magic and come up with some new features, they play with what's offered for vBulletin-forums. ^^
    Last edited by nemine; 11-07-2008 at 02:45 AM.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

And it's not that hard considering, that English is such a rich language. There's a lot of different words for 'ass' and 'dick'.
    I'm having terrible flashes about rumproast and sausages now. ^^;;

Nah, it's those filthy 18+ fics that I worry about. You can't wallow in the filth and kink shared here when you're limited to Barbara Cartland style euphemisms. It either comes out absurd (food similes) or loses the impact. Word choice matters. Especially in fanfiction dialogue, where the turn of phrase can make or break character portrayal.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Unfortunately, vBulletin's manual seems to say that censorship can indeed only be turned off and on for the whole board, and since it's a closed-source product, the only thing we can do about that is descend upon its creators and ask them to put finer-grained censorship controls in the next version. (The alternative would be switching to a different bulletin board program, and that would entail massive headaches for the admin staff . . .)

The way I see it, the best thing to do would be to turn off the censorship temporarily, as a test, and see if its absence leads to problems. If it does, it could be turned back on.
    Last edited by eliddell; 11-07-2008 at 07:24 AM.

Kyubi_Uchiha
    I was talking about censoring in general, since if there's none, people could use the censored words to insult others. Words in itself are harmless, but people using them can make them hurtful. It's not hard to just stick a few curse-words in the right places of a harmless sentence, and it can become very insulting.
    I think the same. Also the mods will go crazy with all the reports! XD It's not too hard to cheat here anyways, like fuçk, b¡tch, $hit and so on

You gotta think if its worth changing it. I mean not everyone will follow the rules and keep it friendly, insulting is easy. Can't ya guys change a fuçking letter and everyone happy? It's annoying but...

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hi everyone, I just wanna let you all know that I spoke to Dai-kun about this matter... and he will look into it. Because it's not that we don't wanna remove censorship in the 18+ section, which I think is alright for uncensored words. But the function of VBulletin might not allow it, same goes to short words censorship... it's not that we don't want, it's the way VBulletin is made.

I saw lots of "debates" going on here and seriously, it's only one matter... but it evolves to a bit of an unhealthy level now on different opinions of how ppl likes/dislikes censorship. Therefore, I am closing this thread. The purpose of this thread is known and highlighted to Dai-kun, so don't see any more need to go on with it.

Thanks for the suggestion~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345