aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Scanlators Day

darkparagon
    Yes, I have asked the person to post in the group, so we can talk it over as a group . Although I did tell them my ideas!

Though polls about what polls we should have sounds messy!
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-09-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Suzuki-sanNowaki (L3)(S003) Lelouch
    Tezuka (L8)Shuuei (L6)Kouyuu (L1)
    Kyo (L4)Tsuruga (L8)(S007) Reborn

Well, about the dramacd's, there are only that many translated atm, so we can probably put them all in (while only mentioning the titles instead going per vol. numbers). As for manga, if this year only those of Aarinfantasy will be put on, does that mean next year another scanlationgroup will be picked? In the bl anime (don't know about the games) it's mainly Aarinfantasy who subs them, scanlator's day is also on Aarinfantasy's scanlationgroup's birthday, in the end it's going to be too Aarinfantasy-themed if you know what I mean ^^;
    Last edited by schetenei; 05-09-2008 at 02:10 PM.

darkparagon
    OK, we can include those DramaCD could you send me a list!

Games there is only a few translated, all them will make up a poll (not aarin translations)

As for next year, we have to see how this year goes first, I still need to conform that everyone wants to do that!! We will have to talk it over first

Edit: Forgot to say thank you for that information
    Last edited by darkparagon; 05-09-2008 at 02:11 PM.

darknessreigns
    errrm, should we really be polling em? I mean, just speaking for myself, I have about 7 different genres of manga I like, and I watch tons of anime so plenty of doujinshis. And alot of scanlators translate many different types.
    Everyone has different opinions and likes/dislikes on things and a scanlator could be amazing at say 20 mangas but bombed in 3-4. Alot of people just haven't read every release from that scanlator.
    Am I making a point or just babbling? ^^

Anyway, on another not, is Scanlator's Day going to be strictly for scanlators, or are Fansubbers to be celebrated too?

darkparagon
    Fansubbers are included, we are doing a thank for scanlators, anime fansubbers, drama translators/subbers, and games translators/subbers! If you know any more types please tell us, and we will include them! ...Polls have already been choosen and started sorry! However you rise an interesting point, and thank you for your imput!

Yaoi Fan
    Recording HITACHIWINCEST! You think I'd miss it?! >D
    Savings

Soubi (L10)Shiba Tatsuya (L5)Taki (L10)
    Archer (L6)Kamui (L7)(S003) Lelouch
    Pray for JapanWataru OTRFK (L10)Ciel (L5)

scan and fansub day

I got totally confused somewhere along the line here, but I really support the scanlator & fansub day thing! TOTALLY! It's a very well deserved "break" for'em and the least they deserve!
    Ranking wouldn't be so good, in my POV, as we are trying to "compensate" them or at least try to show we appreciate their work and ranking would only create an unnecessary top-bottom list not needed for this idea.
    The honorable mention for most doujinshis was a good suggestion, but -my POV- we better just stick with the thank you gifts since there may be confusion on who would that be (example: 3 teams a, b and c; a 34 shorts and 3 bigs, b 24 bigs and 7 shorts and c 15/15... should we prize the most doujinshis or the most doujinshi pages? ^^'''')

Anyways, I'm totally for SUB DAY! ^.~

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by KaiLi View Post
    I got totally confused somewhere along the line here, but I really support the scanlator & fansub day thing! TOTALLY! It's a very well deserved "break" for'em and the least they deserve!
    Ranking wouldn't be so good, in my POV, as we are trying to "compensate" them or at least try to show we appreciate their work and ranking would only create an unnecessary top-bottom list not needed for this idea.
    The honorable mention for most doujinshis was a good suggestion, but -my POV- we better just stick with the thank you gifts since there may be confusion on who would that be (example: 3 teams a, b and c; a 34 shorts and 3 bigs, b 24 bigs and 7 shorts and c 15/15... should we prize the most doujinshis or the most doujinshi pages? ^^'''')

Having more supporters is always awesome!! ^_^

Okay, just to clarify, we are not having anything like 'ranking'. There are polls already set up for voting on members' favourite mangas, animes, etc. But that is it. No ranking or such, because that can be very demeaning to some.

And I'm not very sure about the doujinshis ( this is the first time I heard about the idea, so ), but in my opinion, there should only be generic thank you notes ( and gifts, if possible ) rather than listing down the names. We had thought of this previously at the group made specially for this cause, but everybody agreed that there were just too many to list them down!

darkparagon
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiLi View Post

Not to worry, we choose agaist ranking of any kind as Jade so kindly pointed out! They put so much hard work in that it would be rather unpleasent, if we started saying A work is better then Bs work!! It is however a thank you for everyone who help open the doors to manga, anime, doujinshis, dramas, games and so on to more people!

Interesting idea, even though I'm not to sure about it! However their will be gifts! Lots of gifts!

Thank you so much for your support!

Anything you good at?? I could always do with more hands, and more members helping, it is after all a whole forum project!

darknessreigns

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by darkparagon View Post
    Fansubbers are included, we are doing a thank for scanlators, anime fansubbers, drama translators/subbers, and games translators/subbers! If you know any more types please tell us, and we will include them! ...Polls have already been choosen and started sorry! However you rise an interesting point, and thank you for your imput!
    umm ok, yeah right..
    'M just ganna sit in this corner and watch, k?
    yeah, guess I'm not really involved in this, huh, DarkParagon?
    Well, call if you need anyhin, k?
    'm gunna keep workin on my vid.

darkparagon
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessreigns View Post
    umm ok, yeah right..
    'M just ganna sit in this corner and watch, k?
    yeah, guess I'm not really involved in this, huh, DarkParagon?
    Well, call if you need anyhin, k?
    'm gunna keep workin on my vid.
    I'm not having that! I'm going to find a job for you

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast