aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Banning on this forum

I have seen a number of forum members who are banned but I always wonder what are the reasons for the banning.

Is it possible to create a thread on the reasons for the banning (maybe not stating the forum members' name only the reason for the ban.)

With the reasons clearly stated, other forum members will be more careful not to make the same mistakes.
    Last edited by stupidgirlang; 04-30-2008 at 10:59 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

I have been wondering the same thing as well because I recently noticed that a couple of once very active forumers have been banned. I am not trying to mind other people's business but I am wondering what atrocity someone who is very active and helpful needs to commit to suddenly be gone without a word.

Are these bans permanent?

How many rules do we have to break to be banned? Will there be warnings? Are some rules given more weight (for example uploading licensed manga? as compared to posting 18+ pics in your profile page.)

I am asking because I am concerned and not just inquisitive.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Soubi (L10)Seimei (L8)Natsuo (L2)
    Ritsuka (L7)Yuiko (L2)Youji (L1)
    Rukia (L3)Soubi (L4)

Quote Originally Posted by spirited_soul View Post
    I have been wondering the same thing as well because I recently noticed that a couple of once very active forumers have been banned. I am not trying to mind other people's business but I am wondering what atrocity someone who is very active and helpful needs to commit to suddenly be gone without a word.
    one reason someone can get banned even if they are otherwise active and helpful is if they aren't old enough to be here—either they aren't 16 yet, or they're under 18 and have been accessing/posting in 18+ parts of the forum. especially if they're not 16 yet; that's one of those things that people aren't given warnings for because they're simply not allowed to be here at all.

from what i know, it depends on the offense as to whether a ban is permanent. i know if you're banned because you're not 16 yet, the ban might be lifted once you are old enough. but for other kinds of things, like flaming and abusive behavior, i'm assuming bans can be more permanent.

i'm certainly not an expert on this, though.^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Koko Hekmatyar (L5)Re-L Mayer (L3)Sion (L7)
    Nai (L6)Alois (L6)Ciel (L9)
    Strawberry Cake 1Ramen 1Lin Xianming (L8)

Me too I want to know the ban reason. Because a lot of these banned people seem to be fine folks.

And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Please be assured that bans only occur if there is a valid cause for it.

We don't ban users for making mistakes but rather warn them and inform them of the rules so they won't do the same mistake again.

For a ban it either takes a very extreme intended breaking of the rules or persistently ignoring the staff's warnings.
    People below the required age will get a temporary ban until they are 16 unless they repeatedly try to create new accounts, then it's a permanent ban. Same with users making multiple accounts.

Creating a public thread with users being banned and for which reason they got banned will look more like a "Hall of Shame" than doing any good.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Quote Originally Posted by Yavannah View Post
    Please be assured that bans only occur if there is a valid cause for it.

We don't ban users for making mistakes but rather warn them and inform them of the rules so they won't do the same mistake again.

For a ban it either takes a very extreme intended breaking of the rules or persistently ignoring the staff's warnings.
    People below the required age will get a temporary ban until they are 16 unless they repeatedly try to create new accounts, then it's a permanent ban. Same with users making multiple accounts.

Creating a public thread with users being banned and for which reason they got banned will look more like a "Hall of Shame" than doing any good.
    Oh no...I didn't mean "to create a thread to list down all the members and the reasons for their ban" but just "the reasons for their ban without any indication of the members".

This way, the other forum members will know the exact reason for the ban and will be unlikely to make the same mistake.

Well, we really like this forum very much and though we try very hard not to break any rule, we maybe doing so if there are some rules that cannot be found in the forum.

Yaoi Lover
    India, though I'd go anywhere with my computer and networks ^_^
    Savings

Ace (L5)Heart 1 (Blue)Luffy (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Shanks (L8)Gray (L9)
    Sanzo (L10)Zoro (L7)Sanji (L9)

@ Yavannah - Thanks for letting us know! I had been curious about the reasons as well. ^^

nemine
    I don't see the point in this, it is pretty obvious why they are banned. Either they are under-aged, or have done some extreme rule-breaking. Or just simply decided to ignore mods warnings. If you have broken some rules, you will either get a PM from a mod about it, or in some cases, a yellow card too. Ignoring these will get a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    ...though we try very hard not to break any rule, we maybe doing so if there are some rules that cannot be found in the forum.
    I highly doubt that there are any "secret" rules. All rules are stated in the Announcement & Rules and it's up to the person if s/he choses not to read and obey them. Everyone should keep an eye on that part of the forum in case there will be updates etc.
    And everytime you go to some part of the forum, like Member's Artwork Gallery for example, you can see that the relevant rules are posted as a sticky.

And i would also like to thank you Yavannah for that post.
    Last edited by nemine; 05-02-2008 at 01:18 AM.

darkparagon
    I would suggest reading the rules of the fourm and the rules in each section of the forum. They are in stickys so they are not hard to find.

I personally have no interest in knowing the reasons why people are banned.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ichigo Kurosaki (L10)Orihime (L3)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Heart 1 (Blue)Haruka Nanase (L6)
    Sebastian (L10)Kail (L1)Sesshoumaru (L10)

If you guys are truly curious as to why those certain members were banned, you can always PM them when they get back or if you know this email adds ask them through there or talk to them on msn/YM/ICQ/skype/etc. If they dont want to tell then dont push them

Oh and as far as I know the reasons to be banned are stated in the Rules of the forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast