aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Legend

Savings

(S003) LelouchCiel (L5)Abe (L2)
    Mihashi (L2)Yuuri (L2)Wolfram (L1)
    Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

Question Make Aarin more open to other Languages?

I just wanted to ask, maybe this is really a stupid idea, but some people I think much don’t post on aarin because they have trouble with the language. And that can be a problem fore some. So my idea was, Howe about language forums were people who have trouble with language can post things in there own language, and specially fore help etc, but also fore chat because then those people can chat a bit too.

I think this will really helps people who just can’t post now because they might have difficulties with the language, at least maybe it doesn’t have to be.

It’s still just an idea.

Greezt

blue_genjutsu
    Even though a rule of Aarinfantasy's is that this is an english-speaking forums only, I agree with Black Lotus because it would make it easier for the non-english speaking yaoi-fans to be able to ask questions or talk without breaking the rule or having to hunt for someone on this site that speaks the same language, in order to help them.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

It's still just an idea, but i can understand why people sometimes don't want to post. you don't want to post things you don't mean becaus eyu post it wrong "like i do sometimes " nut also fore the [help] some people might have requests ore have problems and they don't understand english very well, but same fore people who baly want to chat but just don't can't talk english, thaths no shame but i can understand that they want to chat also.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

I like that idea as I´m a non-native speaker as well, but I do see a problem in the fact that non-english forums still have to be monitored by mods.

So there would be a need to maybe appoint some mods who speak the related languages.

Other than that it´s a good idea.

blue_genjutsu
    On a site I run, I created non-english forums for french, spanish and italian people and appointed mods that spoke those languages. The mods don't have to be mods for all forums, they can just be assigned to the specific forum they are needed in. It helped members on my site to be able to ask questions without having to use babel or something like that, to translate to english.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

This has been spoken about before, in the thread called Official Suggestion... and the final answer was in the thread Official Discussion with AF STAFF and members.

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    9) Issue: Multi language forum
    Outcome: Someone suggested this but Aarin has explained the difficulty to moderate such threads and issues that may arised from it since not all mods can understand the language
    Solution: It won't happen in the forum
    [NO]

blue_genjutsu
    Too bad. Yeah, I think I remember that, Carmel.

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Yeah, I think this topic has been raised more than once, but I still think it´d be a good idea. But ah well

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

Well, it can be done, just find people with the Langauge, i think there enough people here on aarin, good people who want to help out,me i'm dutch so i can help yes, if aarin ask me why not. it's not a bad thing to try out, atleast thaths my way of view.

I think if you find people first who might wanna help with those sections, why not give it an try?
    Last edited by Black Lotus; 06-28-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Like Carmel pointed out, I don't think this is even an issue anymore. Aarin would have to trust someone enough to mod the forum in a language she doesn't understand. I know I wouldn't want to put myself in a similar situation.

I think "no" means no.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast