aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Suracis
    I agree. Even though it may help people talk in their own language easier, it would cause more problems for the forum. So yeah, the answer would still be no.

White Butterfly

Savings

Akira (L1)Otoya (L5)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Sasuke (L7)Hisoka (L9)Aizen L1 [G]
    Ace L1 [G]Ryoga (L5)DS_003_(4)bottomleft

I like the idea and I agree that some of the forumers here are too shy to speak/post because of language barrier. I experienced it in some forums too before.

But for now, just like what Carmel pointed out, it will not happen (at least for now). This idea is still kept in our mind just like what Aarin said:

Maybe in future one day.... when there are enough resources - time and people... then we shall reconsider again. We did think about this and will keep it in mind still.

blue_genjutsu
    Thank you kriska22!! And have you voted in the Yaoi Couples Contest yet? I see you love SasukeXNaruto!

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Thanks, Kriska22 for telling.

I´m sure there would be more than enough non-english natives to help out when such a time comes, like Black Lotus, me and lots of others around the forum. I think there´s be loads of people willing to help in such a task.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

I think another important fact is that this forum is for English speakers, not for other languges - why can't another forum for those languages be started up else where?

Not many forums have more than one language in them and when they do it is often only one other language, not several. It would be a major thing to undertake and members would start joining that are unable communicate with most of the members here and more importantly, the mods/admin, so every major update would have to be done over in multiple languages and the rules would need to be redone in those languages as well. Aain would likely need more trusted members to become mods just so those language sections can be run, run in a language she doesn't even understand. That would be just one of the problems, another thing to me, would be feeling left out - I would have no idea what is being spoken about in those other parts of the forum.

It just doesn't seem worth it, at all.
    Last edited by Carmel; 06-29-2007 at 01:24 AM.

blue_genjutsu
    Um, this site has a lot of non-native english speakers here. If they all went somewhere else, then we would lose most of our members. I happen to like all the people I've met here that are from different places in the world.

And like I said, I had no trouble on my much smaller website with finding competent mods to help out with the non-english forums. It's not like it's that big a deal as you seem to be implying. There are already volunteers willing to help out. There is no need to make the whole site in different languages. All that would be needed would be a forum for each language which did have a mod or two that could moderate and help in it. Regular members that speak the language can help out on answering questions.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

I know the site has a lot of non-native English speakers, and I think that's great, there's lots of culture! But I doubt they'd leave us just because another forum opens for yaoi with their language, if they can understand English, then this is still the best place to come for chatting about yaoi and for downloading recent manga and anime.

It's just my opinion, I'm not going to reiterate why I dislike the idea again.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Carmel View Post
    I know the site has a lot of non-native English speakers, and I think that's great, there's lots of culture! But I doubt they'd leave us just because another forum opens for yaoi with their language, if they can understand English, then this is still the best place to come for chatting about yaoi and for downloading recent manga and anime.

It's just my opinion, I'm not going to reiterate why I dislike the idea again.
    I'm with you, Carmel, for what it's worth. But this topic keeps getting brought up, even after Aarin said it wouldn't happen ^^ If someone is too shy to post to the forum... don't be so shy? lol Hmm, I don't understand Japanese, yet half the forumers spout out Japanese phrases on a regular basis, leaving me utterly mystified.

Isan
    I think making diff section in other languages could get out of hand quickly. You start by making one and then it wouldn't take long for every non-native english members to want their own little sections in their own languages. Considering the number of languages there is all over, well, yeah this is the out of hand bit.
    Not to mention, I think it's fair to say that every member who managed to register here must have some basic english skills somewhere. So there's nothing really stopping them from posting or asking help. I've seen plenty of ppl who don't speak english very well posting anyway (they usually finish or start by saying not to mind their bad english, and nobody does mind) and they still got the help they were looking for and/or got their opinions across, it just takes some kind of effort is all imo. Personally I think the ppl who really want to state their opinions and talk with everyone, already do wether they are english or not, I dont think having sections in other languages would change that very much~

Oh yeah, you wanna know?

Savings

Kakashi (L10)Iruka (L8)Katou (L9)
    Iwaki (L9)Yuki Eiri (L9)Sanzo (L10)
    Yamato B (L8)(S021) RikiSoubi (L10)

Lol, we were talking about small sections where people can pose questions and such, suddenly some of you are talking about whole new forums in like 25 languages or moving non-english speaking fans elsewhere. That´s not what it´s about.
    It´s a little funny though (sorry for saying this) that those who say they find it absolutely unnecessary here are english-natives themselves, or so it seems, judging from where you guys come from. So of course you don´t see any difficulty here, which is understandable, still there might be difficulties for other people.

I think it might be also, maybe to a small degree and maybe some of you might find it unnecessary, a matter of tolerance to open up small sections to different languages, and be it just for posing questions. After all it´s (at the moment) only the non-english natives that have to make the effort, not the other way round. And as blue said, there are a lot of non-english native speakers on the forum and the ones you see post are those that have a little command of the language usually anyway but I guess or rather know there are others who don´t, because of certain language barriers

My english is okay, so I have no problem here, but I know that many people are not so fortunate, so I see no reason why it´s so strange to wanna help those folks out a little more.^^
    Last edited by Lent; 06-29-2007 at 06:07 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast