aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    flameofthenight

Post Suggested New Rule for Manga and Doujinshi Uploaders

While browsing through the manga download section, I often have to skip over certain manga and Doujinshi that have interesting covers and pairings, because I have no idea what the plot is. I know I'm not the only one with this problem I can only download a certain amount of things at a time, and as a student, I don't have as much time as I wish to go through stories without a summary. Also, I often find that there's no rating.
    Don't get me wrong. Every uploader should be given cookies and their choice bishie.
    But it would make things so much easier for everone in general if all Doujinshis and manga were required to have a rating and a summary. It wouldn't even need to be a long summary. Just one or two sentences to help possible readers with their descision on whether or not to read.

By rating I mean G,PG,PG-13,etc.
    Last edited by flameofthenight; 04-17-2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: .

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Akihito (L10)
    Spacer 1Fei Long (L10)Spacer 1
    Okita (L8)Gokudera (L8)Hijikata PMK (L8)

O.o I don't think that should be a "rule" to write a summary as well as a rating.
    For the summary, not everyone has the english skills to do that properly AND if it is a short oneshot or doujinshi I doubt that the "surprise" effect will last while reading the manga/doujinshi if you already know everything.
    For the rating... it's just my opinion but I think such a thing can offend people, besides there's a "Rate Thread" option for EVERY thread, so that's not necessary O.o

~Sugar Addict~

Savings

Pray for JapanGren (L1)Kusuriuri (L10)
    Spike (L8)Franz (L6)Shanks (L8)
    Sword (L7)Chiaki (L1)Urahara (L7)

Sorry, but we can't make such a rule; to write a little summary is the uploaders choice plus since usually the doujins are in japanese, it's hard to understand what's going on.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

I don't think this is necessary at all.

If the scanlators gave a summary, I think that would be a decent thing to add (a least for the first poster) but if not, I don't think it should be required. Not only are a lot RAW or very short (like one-shots and doujinshi), but a lot of things people upload they don't read themselves.

About the rating... well, I personally could care less what something is rated, though I'm unsure if you mean rated 1-5 or rated G-R... either way, that's unnecessary. You can find those things out once you download the file, I only label something with a rating when I'm aware of beastuality or very graphic sex, otherwise, it shouldn't be a big deal. The uploaders are taking their time to upload and post these files with credits given to scanners/creators and hopefully adding a cover page, that should be enough information, the downloaders should be willing to find out the rest on their own.
    Last edited by Carmel; 04-17-2007 at 05:10 AM.

flameofthenight
    Kriptonima- thank you for your explanation.

Carmel- Perhaps I should have made it clearer how much I appreciate you and all the other uploaders. I'm terribly sorry if what I said came across as an insult. It was never meant to be anything of the sort. Obviously I'm at fault for wording my post in such an unclear and unorganized way. Looking back at it, I can understand how an uploader could come to be offended.

I was just trying to think of a way to make downloading easier and more organized and didn't take into more consideration the trouble involved.
    Because my idea was just a suggestion, I won't apologize for it. But I am very sorry I didn't think about it more and word my suggestion in a less hurtful way to those who put a lot of their own time into providing members with a free service.
    Last edited by flameofthenight; 04-17-2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: ..

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Loki (L9)

Nah, it is cool, I don't think Carmel was mad or anything. She was just pointing that such a rule was unnecessary. I always try to write a summary on my posts (but only if the scanner/scanlator gave it, or can be easily found on jpqueen), because for uploaders like me (who doesn't speak japanese, and are not english native speakers) that rule would be really hard to follow.

For the rating, it would be nice to warn people when certain manga/dj contains something that can offend them, (Like incest, gore, extreme sex, bestiality, and so on) but it's not truly necessary since the rules warn downloaders about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crrpt angel
    11. Materials posted may be adult in nature, dealing with Male-Male relationships (may it be a physical and/or emotional one).

Please make sure you are of legal age in your country before you download and/or view materials posted in this forum.
    Some materials posted in this forum may be considered obscence and/or indecent and may be punishable by law in certain countries if posted/downloaded/viewed.
    Please act in accordance to the laws of your local/regional/provincial/state/federal governing body.
    Aarinfantasy Forum, its administrators and moderators does not assume any responsibilities for the actions of its members.
    But it was cool of you to post your idea. Maybe this way some uploaders will remember to post a summary since it seems some people, like you, prefers to know what a manga is about before downloading it. ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

Quote Originally Posted by Denisse View Post
    Nah, it is cool, I don't think Carmel was mad or anything. She was just pointing that such a rule was unnecessary.

But it was cool of you to post your idea. Maybe this way some uploaders will remember to post a summary since it seems some people, like you, prefers to know what a manga is about before downloading it. ^^
    Exactly, it's just as Denisse says, I wasn't mad or offend at all, just trying to explain my opinion. Like I said, it would be nice if a summary is added when the scanlation team has provided one, I just don't think the uploaders should go out of their way to do it themselves, and also said that I add a rating when I'm aware of unusual content... so in a part I do agree with you. I just don't think it should be required for everything... like Denisse said, it was a nice suggestion, I'm sorry if I came across as being angry!
    Last edited by Carmel; 04-17-2007 at 07:20 PM.

flameofthenight
    Oh no, not angry, just slightly offended. Difference trust me. You had every right to be. I came across as ungrateful for a service you guys don't have to provide.

manganimerocks
    If you really want to you could try checking out the manga review section on the main site that is just being worked on now. It has ratings and souch, but there's not a whole lot yet seeing as it just started not long ago

★Covert Couturist★

Savings

Aki (L7)Nanjo (L3)Al (L1)
    Akihito (L4)Nowaki (L3)Ranmaru I (L1)
    Matt (L2)Hiroki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Reviews and covers are always a good idea, but we can't force uploaders to include them and sometimes scanlation teams prefer to be visited by the interested users directly to their website to see more information about their projects (remember the more we support scanlation teams the more we'll have translated manga).
    Also, as manganimerocks said, you can visit the "Manga Review Seccion" too see more about a title.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast