aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    postadariutza
    when you say licensed you reffer to the fact that they appeared in the US right? (jeez it's not the center of the world why must all reffer to it?!? *stop offtopic ranting*). i mean....it's illegal to share "licensed" or not anime/manga ANYWAY right?????? bcos they already appeared on DVD/in bookstores/aired on TV in Japan and it's STILL piracy => illegal no matter how you look at it. I think that one should stop sharing a manga for example if the japanese/original creators call for it not if the american publishers do (bcos most of them are edited/scanlated using the RAW; it's not just an english edition scanned and shared right?? SO it has actually NOTHING to do with them from my point fo view. maybe i think bad ;_; ) but WHATEVER. and yes i'd love to have this problem cleared out, too, since i'm sharing pet shop of horrors and i always wondered if it's ok but nothing happened by now and nobody said i was doing soething wrong and i was around .. kind of all the forum ^^;

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Shinra Inc. With Rufus & Reno & Tseng... ^_~
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Heart 6 (Devil)Flower 1 (Pink)
    (S022) Iason(S009) HaviAsami (L9)
    Xmas (004)Frau (L9)Mikage (L8)

All refer to it probably because when it gets licensed in the US it's given english subs as well as an english dub. And here online, what is mostly shared is english subs. Why? Because a lot of people know english. For example, could be all german subs, but not as many people in the world know german as people know at least some english. That is why so many fansubbers do it in english, ya? { I know there are other fansubbing groups out there that do it in different languages though, but what you'll see the -most- often is english subs. }

No, it's not the center of the universe, and we don't think it is. { In fact, I don't really like this country very much, and I'm a citizen of it. ~_~; } But the US are actually the ones that go after people the most about sharing their animes. Once it's licensed, they start making people take them down and threatening them if need be. And they also sometimes get sites shut down because their works were being shared there. That's why it's a big deal. Because the US licensing companies get really cheesed off very easily about what they are trying to sell. If you have all english subs of licensed anime like Aarin shares, and you're not buying their english sub of it, the official version, then they are losing money. That's the way they look at it. And it's the truth, too. And sometimes, I don't blame them for getting cheesed about it... { While other times I'm biased because I love to preview anime. XP }
    Last edited by Kawaii; 08-06-2006 at 07:00 PM.

postadariutza
    first, i want to say that piracy is not something to defend and should not exist, fom a legal point of view. I understand they want their product to be sold. but what about the people that were't going to buy them anyway? like...all the persons in non-english-speaking-countries i.e. most of the world? they get DVDs in their own language, so what's it to them?
    if you're from UK or Australia do you get their version or do local companies release their own?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L10)Heart 1 (Red)Akihito (L10)
    Spacer 1Fei Long (L10)Spacer 1
    Okita (L8)Gokudera (L8)Hijikata PMK (L8)

Uhm X________X can someone please give a clear statement for my previous question, how to handle the licensed anime in the "other anime requests" section?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by postadariutza
    first, i want to say that piracy is not something to defend and should not exist, fom a legal point of view. I understand they want their product to be sold. but what about the people that were't going to buy them anyway? like...all the persons in non-english-speaking-countries i.e. most of the world? they get DVDs in their own language, so what's it to them?
    if you're from UK or Australia do you get their version or do local companies release their own?
    Ummm English is the most widely spoken language (right up there with the mandarin). And they speak English in the UK and Oz right? ^_^;

Actually, as a person who lives in New Zealand (right next to Australia), I usually get our local version (if available) cos it's cheaper --> The complete series of Gravitation is only NZD50 here! That's about USD25-30 maybe. And since we are an English speaking country (like UK and Australia) all of the anime released here were licensed from U.S. companies (i.e. Gravitation is the same as the Rightstuf version). But having said that, it does take forever for it to get down here due to licensing etc.
    So when I can't wait for the release, or when the $$ seem to indicate that an R1 boxset would be cheaper than waiting and purchasing it disc by disc of an NZ release, I would support those Big U.S. licensing companies as part of the global consumer sector.

I hope I'm speaking for a significant portion (if not the majority) of anime fans around the world. Yes, it's more difficult to get the licensed versions because we don't live in the U.S., but since we're downloading English subs on the internet, we are (a) proficient enough in our understanding of English and (b) have access to online shops e.g. amazon to purchase the legit. versions and support the industry (unless you don't have the $$ that is).

So why do I download? I only do that when a legit. version is not readily available or released far enough.

But getting back to the original intent of the thread, I also found it strange that the admins would clamp down on one non-yaoi anime while they would overlook others. Perhaps someone should P.M. them directly.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Is there still no solution to this ? ><

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Nanjo (L3)Renji (L6)Zechs (L7)
    Iason (L9)Mello (L9)Abel (L5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii
    No, it's not the center of the universe, and we don't think it is. { In fact, I don't really like this country very much, and I'm a citizen of it. ~_~; } But the US are actually the ones that go after people the most about sharing their animes. Once it's licensed, they start making people take them down and threatening them if need be. And they also sometimes get sites shut down because their works were being shared there...
    Is that what happened to say, Gravitation all of a sudden. I was d/ling it here after all, until last week sometime I think. Where can we find out which will be taken off ahead of time (if anywhere)?

PS why do I still have a warning under my name when it was supposed to be long gone?
    Last edited by WitchHunter; 08-15-2006 at 11:47 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Lan Zhan / Lan WangJi (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)YiLing P. (L9)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S027) Usami Akihiko(S028) Fushimi Saruhiko
    Loki (L10)Skull 1Tony Stark (L9)

A resolution... sort of...

I should have posted this, but I was lazy...

I PMed aarinfantasy about it and here's the correspondence:

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by sawwie-chan
    Dear Aarinfantasy,

I have been frequenting the anime request section (among elsewhere on the forum) and am confused as to which anime could be requested and which are not allowed. My understanding is that non-Yaoi anime could be requested in this section (even if it's not allowed in the Host section). However, I have observed that some anime request threads (e.g. Kamichu) were locked by admins due to the fact that it is not Yaoi or shounen-ai -ish. Whereas others, such as GTO was left alone. In addition, some requests for licensed anime was also moderated whereas others (again GTO etc) was not.

I have not seen anything in the rules for that particular forum or the main forum that could clarify this matter.

There is a thread here http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25291
    which wonders about a similar thing.

If it's not too much of a bother, could you please clarify this point.

Thanks a lot!
    Actually I did not tell the Mods to close it... however, we try to only share the animes that has yaoi-ish or bishounens in it (interest of yaoi fangirls). I will need to discuss with the mod team again on this matter too.

So ummm, we wait??

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Well, I would say the main "problem" is, that almost 80% of anime does have bishounen AND (for yaoi fangirls) slashy content.

One of the things I don't understand is the fact that licensed anime is (seems to be) allowed and licensed manga not~

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I just got to know about this thread cuz I was away/busy.... okay here's what i can say at the moment:

Licensed manga has been handled quite strictly because first of all... we don't really do manga scanlations, and the rights to share those belongs to the scanlation groups. They do not want us to share here and they don't want the licensed stuff here too (we received too many request for removal from scanlation groups actually) and so we decided that if anyone wants them... they could probably check their websites.

Okay for the Other Anime issues... we intend only to have Anime Request section at the moment for sharing licensed or non-licensed 'other' animes, that has the elements that a yaoifan will like - bishies/slashable...though many animes now contains that kinda elements as Nuriko said. There is no need to ask for permission from any of the mods for posting/sharing there but it's suppose to be a section to help fill request of a forumer. If you feel like it's worth to share an anime, you can do that too (for now)...and that reminds me if I should change that section name a bit to Anime Request and Sharing (in discussion). As long as we do not face any problems with a title, it can stay there.

For Host Links animes, you need to ask permission from me with details, pics or anything about the anime.

I mostly deal with animes and not mangas, so I can only manage anime titles of what can be shared and what cannot be shared. Let me just clear that there are some titles that I do not know that's been closed by the other moderators... but we shall close a thread once request has been filled. Would it be fair that way?

I will need to discuss about the new threads that is made there that's for sharing and not for requesting. If it gets out of hand, then this forum won't be as BL/yaoi-exclusive anymore, won't it?

Maybe I should have a poll or something... ^_^;;; I apologize if I get back to this matter much later cuz I really am very super duper busy but I am really concern about this issue too. So I hope everyone bear with me for the moment ok? Will try to get back as soon as I can. Thanks~

~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast