aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    I think that it would be too much trouble.

1. If we get to change it freely, moderating what we write there would be too hard for the staff. because lets face it, some do not respect the rules, or consider that this is still a forum for underaged people as well.
    2. If we get the option to buy/earn it, and if it would be up to a staff-member to write it there, it would bring even more work for them.
    3. Those who has "formerly *name here*" could not get it changed anyway, since I think that needs to be there to prevent misunderstandings on ones identity etc.
    4. Even though it is an option to express ourselves and make us different from others, it is unnecessary. We can already modify our profiles, sigs etc. in order to express ourselves.
    5. Aarin, Dai or idk who, obviously put a lot of trouble coming up with our current ranks. If everyone would get the chance to just change them however they please, the current ranks would become totally pointless.

I have nothing against the special ranks really, just that this forum is huge. Even if there would be restrictions on who gets the option to change it, the group would most likely not be small enough, and even then the rest of us without that option would get pissy.

//wasn't there an option to buy this before? Like, loong time ago? If there was, and there isn't anymore, it's pretty clear what the admins answer is anyway.
    1. Moderating would not be difficult. We already have signatures, profile pages, WoY pages, and now blogs. In the nearly four years I've been a member here, I have never seen an offensive signature, profile page, WoY page, or blog entry. If such a thing were spotted, it could easily be reported and dealt with.

2. Perhaps, but if it could be coded so that we could change it ourselves, the way we could once change our nicknames, then it wouldn't be a problem. If it would require Dai-kun to manually change it, then yes, that would be a definite issue.

3. That's there by choice; there are forumers who have changed their nicknames but do not have that there.

4. There are few things in life that are "necessary"; this would simply enhance the experience for many forumers ^^

5. The ability to change the "name under the nickname" would not by default make the rank system obsolete; it would require a certain number of posts (i.e. 3000 or 5000) to obtain this privilege. It would not be available to everyone.

I don't put much behind the notion that it would promote more spam. The current rank system does not promote more spam. Spammers are always swiftly dealt with. We have few problems with spam in this forum, especially now that certain forums do not contribute to post count.

Additionally, if we don't like the thought of it being tied to post count, it could simply be tied to points. At one point you could change your nickname for 100,000 points (a seemingly astronomical fee at the time). This could be determined similarly.

I hope I responded to all concerns

For those who consider it "not needed" or simply don't like the idea, well just as with cards, WoY, blogs, etc., you simply needn't bother about it if you're not interested in it ^^

tina21
    I have asked Dai-kun about it, and he said that they'll talk about it among the Mods and Admins but it would be a one time thing or sth.... but if it can be bought through the new iShop when that comes then it would be great...

Last edited by tina21; 11-06-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

Quote Originally Posted by tina21 View Post
    I have asked Dai-kun about it, and he said that they'll talk about it among the Mods and Admins but it would be a one time thing or sth.... but if it can be bought through the new iShop when that comes then it would be great...
    Oh yeah, that would be great... ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Soo-Won (L3)Makishima (L8)Sebastian (L6)
    Ayanami (L5)Natsumi (L3)Taroutachi (L9)
    Tidus (L7)Siren Sorento (L1)Ren NANA (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by tina21 View Post
    Great to know that Dai-kun has considered the possibility.

I'd love to change my title to something more me.

Thanks to all the supporters of this cool idea.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I don't know about nicknames much except that in several foruns I go if someone wants to change the nickname just need to post in a specific post to do that. The admins changes the nickname and all you have to do is re-login. I changed my nickname this way at Mangafox, as example.
    I don't really need to change my nickname, I have this nick in several places manga/anime related and I'm happy but I know some people wants.

Aarin is the only board I go where titles can't be customized. I love to put "my fandom will bite you to death" (Hibari's allusion) in my customized titles. I use this in at least 4 places and I edited myself, is part of the profile customization.

Don't know if this board system can allow any of these.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

(S003) LelouchCiel (L5)Abe (L2)
    Mihashi (L2)Yuuri (L2)Wolfram (L1)
    Teito (L4)Mikage (L8)

I do see the point of the idea, but this might be much work for dai for small thing, maybe needs time. Good idea but maybe but to small to get it really to work. not sure not into those ishop things. Maybe give donators the option or so.

Demonlord
    I have an ugly Formerly [my old username]. I want to remove that :/

bloodyprince
    i agree with arinna
    the current system is just fine, for me, a newbie. uishishishi~

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

This is an old topic, something may be done for this... closing this. Thanks.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567