1. Moderating would not be difficult. We already have signatures, profile pages, WoY pages, and now blogs. In the nearly four years I've been a member here, I have never seen an offensive signature, profile page, WoY page, or blog entry. If such a thing were spotted, it could easily be reported and dealt with.
Originally Posted by Mordor
2. Perhaps, but if it could be coded so that we could change it ourselves, the way we could once change our nicknames, then it wouldn't be a problem. If it would require Dai-kun to manually change it, then yes, that would be a definite issue.
3. That's there by choice; there are forumers who have changed their nicknames but do not have that there.
4. There are few things in life that are "necessary"; this would simply enhance the experience for many forumers ^^
5. The ability to change the "name under the nickname" would not by default make the rank system obsolete; it would require a certain number of posts (i.e. 3000 or 5000) to obtain this privilege. It would not be available to everyone.
I don't put much behind the notion that it would promote more spam. The current rank system does not promote more spam. Spammers are always swiftly dealt with. We have few problems with spam in this forum, especially now that certain forums do not contribute to post count.
Additionally, if we don't like the thought of it being tied to post count, it could simply be tied to points. At one point you could change your nickname for 100,000 points (a seemingly astronomical fee at the time). This could be determined similarly.
I hope I responded to all concerns
For those who consider it "not needed" or simply don't like the idea, well just as with cards, WoY, blogs, etc., you simply needn't bother about it if you're not interested in it ^^
Extreme Yaoi Guru
I have asked Dai-kun about it, and he said that they'll talk about it among the Mods and Admins but it would be a one time thing or sth.... but if it can be bought through the new iShop when that comes then it would be great...
Last edited by tina21; 11-06-2009 at 06:42 AM.
Total Yaoi Freak
Oh yeah, that would be great... ^^
Originally Posted by tina21
Extreme Yaoi Guru
I don't know about nicknames much except that in several foruns I go if someone wants to change the nickname just need to post in a specific post to do that. The admins changes the nickname and all you have to do is re-login. I changed my nickname this way at Mangafox, as example.
I don't really need to change my nickname, I have this nick in several places manga/anime related and I'm happy but I know some people wants.
Aarin is the only board I go where titles can't be customized. I love to put "my fandom will bite you to death" (Hibari's allusion) in my customized titles. I use this in at least 4 places and I edited myself, is part of the profile customization.
Don't know if this board system can allow any of these.
I do see the point of the idea, but this might be much work for dai for small thing, maybe needs time. Good idea but maybe but to small to get it really to work. not sure not into those ishop things. Maybe give donators the option or so.
I have an ugly Formerly [my old username]. I want to remove that :/
Aarin - Busy
This is an old topic, something may be done for this... closing this. Thanks.