aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Shiki R (L6)Saber (L10)Ayase (L8)
    Ai Enma (L8)Yuuki (L9)Soubi (L10)
    Rukia (L10)Xmas (013)Pray for Japan

I totally agree with some points above. I've seen some forums offering a special rank for free, but we could make it harder to get on Aarin, so that only a small range of people could obtain it.

First of all, the user shall be a Contributor.
    Secondly, the feature would cost a lot of points (like 1.000.000).
    Thirdly, the member shall be active on Aarin for more than a year.
    Fourthly, the member shall have a decent amount of points (between 1.000 or 2.000?).

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L6)Cloud (L9)
    Ulquiorra (L8)Grimmjow (L6)Kenpachi (L7)
    (S002) Misaki(S001) Endo

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTheWinds View Post
    I totally agree with some points above. I've seen some forums offering a special rank for free, but we could make it harder to get on Aarin, so that only a small range of people could obtain it.

First of all, the user shall be a Contributor.
    Secondly, the feature would cost a lot of points (like 1.000.000).
    Thirdly, the member shall be active on Aarin for more than a year.
    Fourthly, the member shall have a decent amount of points (between 1.000 or 2.000?).

I personally don't think this should be for contributors only, due to the fact that some people -can't- donate for various reasons, I for one can't thanks to my bank, somehow it hates PayPal so I will most likely never be a contributor thanks to none other than my bank. Points or posts on the other hand, anyone CAN get points or posts, just not that easy to get many points.

Aka, I think it should be hard to get, but possible for everyone with the determination to do so, and since not everyone can donate, I think that's a bad option.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Well, we don't want everyone to be able to customize their ranks so putting that into the options would prove more difficult. I, for one, don't see anything wrong with using points to buy it. I've been here almost a year (the anniversary's coming up), and in that time, I've been consistently active, participating in contests, uploading content, etc. The gist is that I'm positively contributing, and I've got more than enough points even after I give them out with my constant contests (like the one right now hehe).

I think for the most part, points are a pretty accurate depiction of how involved in the forum you are. There are exceptions. I know people who give out multiple cards every day and give away all their points and whatnot, but I don't really see cardless members who have been here a while. That's all I want to say.

However, I do think if you're going to bother the admins or mods with it, there should be more stringent requirements than just points. I like the idea of you having to have been here a certain amount of time and being a donator.

I guess some folks have issues donating because of where they are or bank issues, but there should be alternatives for that.

Donator
    1 year member
    500.000 points

Non-donator
    1 year member
    1.000.000 points
    1.000 posts

or something like that. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

I, myself, don't even look at ranks. All I really see is how full the rainbow bar is. I check mine mostly every once in a while to see if I've got enough posts for it to be moving. Haha. <3

lovebishies
    No, I'm not agree with the idea where people can change the usertitle. Every forums have their own ranks for their forumers. If one is able to change it, then what's there to be proud of about the forum? The rank can be funny and unique, and that's what make a forumer active as to get the rank. I'm not opposing the idea to change 'Yaoi Queen'. It do sound silly for guys xD

xxradi
    As a previous poster already stated I think that when a poster reaches the level Yaoi Queen. It should unlock a box where you can choose between:
    Yaoi Queen
    Yaoi King
    Yaoi Princess
    Yaoi Prince &&
    It really shouldnt go beyond that. Except for maybe a few more ranksafter Extreme Yaoi Guru. Their is nothing wrong with the ranking system as it is now tho'.
    Besides, this isn't really a top priority, I mean Id much would rather be able to rearrange my cards so I can choose which are shown more than anything.
    Last edited by xxradi; 08-25-2009 at 10:25 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Ahh I see some posts were lost in this thread

I just want to say that I don't think anyone thinks there's anything "wrong" with the current system. We just have a neat idea and are testing the waters of interest.

As for the card arrangement problem, I understand that that has more to do with the program than with anything Dai-kun can do.

xxradi
    It seems as tho the ranking system has changed just a wee bit.
    <--------------------------------------------------------------------my username is now yaoi veteran.

Total Yaoi Freak
    Staring into the nothingness of eternity alone and oddly enjoying it
    Savings

Dante (L9)Dante (L8)Vergil (L9)
    Ewon (L2)Mookyul (L2)Saitou HK (L1)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S017) Tatsumi SouichiNero (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by xxradi View Post
    It seems as tho the ranking system has changed just a wee bit.
    <--------------------------------------------------------------------my username is now yaoi veteran.
    :o So it is! *Doesn't think she was ever a veteran* Wow, I wonder if there is a list of the ranks anywhere...

Does anyone have any idea of where it'd be? (If I find it, I'll post the link here in case others are interested)

I hope there are no new ones before my current one, it'd suck if I missed out on having one DX

Never mind I found my answer in xxradi's thread (titled "Veteran" in the Forum Functions)
    Last edited by coz1134; 08-26-2009 at 07:23 AM.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Oooh interesting. I didn't even pay attention to that. When did that change?

Total Yaoi Freak
    Staring into the nothingness of eternity alone and oddly enjoying it
    Savings

Dante (L9)Dante (L8)Vergil (L9)
    Ewon (L2)Mookyul (L2)Saitou HK (L1)
    (S029) Charles J. Chrishunds (Charley)(S017) Tatsumi SouichiNero (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by GenericWit View Post
    Oooh interesting. I didn't even pay attention to that. When did that change?
    Dai-kun has swapped out "Yaoi Queen" for "Yaoi Veteran". I don't think there are any new ranks or anything - I think that he just swapped them.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast