Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Fye (L5)Albafica (L1)Akira TnC (L1)
    Athrun (L7)Tieria (L3)Cloud (L4)
    Yukimura (L7)Kamui (L7)Fuji (L6)

Too strict and too many rules... maybe?

Hello!

I don't know if it's only me or what, but I find the rules in this forum pretty.... too strict and too much. I really love this forum yes, and I understand that this forum need some certian rules to keep the forum going. But for me, I am getting more and more uncomfortable with all these rules....

For example, when I was a newbie I posted a 'thank you post' to some people who was sharing their manga, and got a warning. Which is understandable.
    But these days, I have gotten a pretty fast line, so I wanted to upload more stuff to share with people out there who can not use bittorrent. And after some uploading of anime and stuff, I got a notice which told me that it was unecessary to upload the anime since some of the previous links of other people were not dead. Somehow I can not understand... why can't people post their sharing link as they please? (but they might have their own reason)

In my point of view, there are too many rules in this forum to sum up... it's making me dizzy... I mean, if you have the time and the good english skills, then it would be no problem. But for me, who's busy and have limited knowledge of English, reading all those rules and memorize them are really.... tiring for me ^^;;

I am getting more and more scepitcal to post a post here now... I always check afterward if I got any warnings or stuff...

I know rules are necessary... but would there be any chance that you can do something about it...

Btw, did I post this post the right place? Hope I won't get one more warning or notice :P

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

I do understand what you're saying - really I do...but I've seen what happens to sites that don't have so many rules. This forum have over 11,000 active members. I cringe of the thought of the Chaos that would ensue from trying to operate a site with so many members without all these rules.

The rules might be a little annoying. ( Your statement does make me wonder how many people actually share you view...) - but I really do believe and always have, that this site would pretty much implode without them.

This is just one person's opinion. I'm not speaking for the site staff in general - but I do believe that they would agree with me, in that the rules aarinfantasy has in place are necessary for the continued existence and coherence of this site.
    Last edited by Miko; 07-03-2006 at 08:45 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

England (L3)Takagi B (L6)Mashiro B (L6)
    Brera Stern (L10)Bonten (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Schneizel (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Zero (L10)

Miko, I totally agree with you...I know a site that used to have less rules...it was total chaos, avatars and banners were huge and all (I mean, this is like...don't people have common sense? you know that if your banner is too big that you're annoying other people who have slow connections, etc...)
    they had to completly reboot the site, and now they've got plenty of rules,,,and I must admit, the site is way more fun now,

as for not having time, setsuna,,,you know when you join that there are rules to respect, even if you don't read the whole stuff,,,you can read the big lines and have an idea of what's allowed and what's not (I did it that way at least,,,)

and I guess that when you're really wondering about something, you can always ask the mods here (I think they're pretty nice compared to other sites---)

also setsuna, I'm not trying to scold you or anything, but if you know the rules at least a bit, you won't get afraid of posting here and there,,,
    and if you do, you can always re-read some rules, right?

I think that's pretty much all I wanted to say,,,

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    With The Doctor and Captain Jack...All over the TARDIS
    Savings

Spacer 1Sephiroth (L12)Spacer 1
    Zack (L10)Cloud (L9)Sephiroth (L8)
    Sherlock Holmes (L9)Skull 1John Watson (L9)

I understand what you say about a lot of rules.

BUT I must say that this forum at least has rules that make sense. I had also had intentions of uploading some manga but I read and realised that none of them would have been allowed

But no sweat, I think when the rules are comprehensive and pretty easy to follow that they are most welcome to avoid all the potential chaos.

Believe me I belong to a few other forums and some of the rules make no sense at all eg. a one *unnamed* forum it is against the rules to thank people at all, this is considered spamming and you have a max of 4 posts allowed per day definitely not cool.

Also I think the mods here are really helpful unlike some places where they do not answer posts and will warn you for pming them . Go figure.

Aarinfantasy forum is a great place to be and the rules are not unreasonable.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Yeah.... I understand... hehe... guess it's just me who's too lazy to read :P (PS. I do read them, haha.... but just the main rules :P )

But there is one rule that I want to point out... For.example yesterday I uploaded a yaoi anime with megaupload. But later on, I got a notice that there was a live link of that certain anime (also megaupload). Here comes my question... Do I have to check if all anime links are dead or not before I decide to upload? I know same links would be necessary.
    BUT, if the previous links was uploaded for many days go, my thought was, maybe the link will expire soon, then I shall also upload one more, so that people won't be begging for re-upload later. Since I had so much time yesterday...

I do read the big lines in the rules... but there are just toooo many small details that I keep forgetting or.... not noticed :P Hehe...

Anyway, I know rules is MUST have... but would it be THAT bad if they could reduce some of the small details? Like the one I mentioned, uploading a file which is not totally dead.... (if you know what I mean)

Sorry for my bad english :P

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

England (L3)Takagi B (L6)Mashiro B (L6)
    Brera Stern (L10)Bonten (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Schneizel (L10)Sesshoumaru (L10)Zero (L10)

well, you see...
    my point of view on that rule is: the more links there are, the more won't be used.
    You've got so many links that you just don't know which one to use, so that way other links will die out...So I think it's better to have some people upload on some links, people will use them...and if some expire they can always post in the reupload section (if it still exists at least---but I think so)

btw, I got that notice myself...

it's like..avoiding unneeded work (it's easy to get credits that wya though T___T )

White Butterfly

Savings

Akira (L1)Otoya (L5)Hollow Ichigo (L9)
    Sasuke (L7)Hisoka (L9)Aizen L1 [G]
    Ace L1 [G]Ryoga (L5)DS_003_(4)bottomleft

We encourage each and everyone to upload only if necessary so as to fully utilize all the previous download links posted in each thread. The reason why we put an announcement regarding this matter is that some of the forumers tend to over-upload which might cause previous download links to expire without being used up until it reach its own limit/capacity.

As for the rules, there are many rules scattered in the forum because there's a need for it. Way back when I was still a newbie and the forum is still small, there are only few members online...there are few rules and threads. But as the forum grows bigger, rules must be revised in order to make everything go smooth, otherwise it will be messy. As we implement the rules, we make sure that they are clear, specific, understandable and simple. But if you think some of the rules are confusing, please let us know so that it can be corrected.

Thank you for stating how you feel, setsuna.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Wahaha... okey okey... guess I have to stick to the rules from today ^^;; I totally agree that the mod here are doing a great job! (but sometimes a little bit scary)

Like the first time I made a post, it was a 'thank you' post for someone sharing a manga. Then later I got a warning like this 'You have to read the rules, since you are a newbie, we won't ban you for this time'. And I was like... O_o;; So... after that warning, I didn't had the motivation to post for a year or two :P

Anyway, in order to respect the forum, I will read the rules! XD But... sometimes I will make misstakes... so, be nice to me :P

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Shinra Inc. With Rufus & Reno & Tseng... ^_~
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Heart 6 (Devil)Flower 1 (Pink)
    (S022) Iason(S009) HaviAsami (L9)
    Xmas (004)Frau (L9)Mikage (L8)

Yea... ^^ The Mods try to be as fair to everyone as possible. For example if they see someone struggling with the english language they'll inform them of the rules but not necessarily give them a little warning on their first post. ^__^ They're all very nice, I liked working with them, when I did~. ^^ { I wish I could again. T__T }

And yes, about posting a MegaUpload link especially... MegaUpload links don't ever expire unless unused. The only reason the previous ones would have expired would be because they'd get unused because of the new one~. ^^ See...? And it makes sense to have the rule also - I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet - because otherwise because of others wanting points, they would just keep uploading the same episodes over and over and over again to the same hosts, all in the same day, just to get points... { You can't imagine how far people would go sometimes. ^^; They'd post 50 links of just one episode on the same host if they were allowed. And that is just a waste of forum space when there are already working ones, a waste of credits because it's not even about the sharing anymore once you've posted what didn't need to be, it's about the points... And a waste of time, it's sad. ;___; I upload a lot, for example. That's not what I'm saying. But I don't upload anything to a host - such as YSI - that already has working links for it~. ^^ Because those YSI ones can be used instead of mine. }

I think that's it. ^^ ~glomps~ You did have a very good point though. But you shouldn't worry about the Mods warning you. ^__^ They usually won't ban you unless you do something repeatedly within a certain amount of time, or unless you're really mean to someone or post something innappropriate, so it's all good. ^^~
    Last edited by Kawaii; 07-03-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

I also agree with Miko, that this site would crunch to a halt and implode.......hehe...i like that word...implode...haha......ah achem!

Also, i have a feeling that the other problem is that when all those links die, all you have left are useless, content-less driftwood for posts. All that clutter could muck up things. >.<

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast