aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    And I got lots of peas!

Savings

(S010) JokerTaki (L1)Riki (L4)
    Yukihito (L1)Sakuya (L5)Takenaga (L5)
    Ueno (L5)Jiang Wei (L2)Sono (L3)

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna
    Heiya~ Since there are so many experts and mods here, I might just ask you a question :P Today I suddenly recieved 50 points... But according to what I know, you only earn points by uploading things or invites a friend. But I guess those 50 points are not from the things I have been uploading (since there will be many thousands... I guess ^^;; ) So... how come I got those 50 points? Any suggestion?
    I'm no mod of course, so I'm not sure if I can help
    on the top of the forum page you see 'vbPlaza Menu', go there to 'history', maybe you can see there who gave you the points... if it was a mod who gave them they are likely to be for some kind of contribution

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Fye (L5)Albafica (L1)Akira TnC (L1)
    Athrun (L7)Tieria (L3)Cloud (L4)
    Yukimura (L7)Kamui (L7)Fuji (L6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yavannah
    I'm no mod of course, so I'm not sure if I can help
    on the top of the forum page you see 'vbPlaza Menu', go there to 'history', maybe you can see there who gave you the points... if it was a mod who gave them they are likely to be for some kind of contribution
    It said 'no history'.... :P Strange...

Dreamension
    It's seems like you've been here for quite a while... aren't they just the points you got for simply registering? I know they don't do that anymore nowadays, but since you've been here since before that new rule... I dunno... you sure it only showed up recently???

(btw... kind of a weird place to ask that question since it's a bit off topic XDD but what the hey... )

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

You do accumulate some points as time passes by. I think it's similar to the way you accumulate rep power with time. I'm not sure what the parameters are though - like how many points gained in what amount of time. That's something daikun may have set up during the installion/upgrading proces at some point.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Daisuke (L10)Sanzo (L10)Sousuke (L5)
    (S010) Joker(S009) Havi(S006) Klaus
    (S008) Shuichi(S007) RebornKazuki (L7)

Interest from points stored in the bank accrues at a set time every day at a rate of 1%.

Bonuses do occur at special times...for instance, there is (i've heard) a function that gives you a few points each month if you have zero funds.

Inochimizu
    Maybe we could translate the rules in a couple of languages?

If you ask for people to volunteer I'm pretty sure we'll be able to have a nice result!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Shinra Inc. With Rufus & Reno & Tseng... ^_~
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Heart 6 (Devil)Flower 1 (Pink)
    (S022) Iason(S009) HaviAsami (L9)
    Xmas (004)Frau (L9)Mikage (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inochimizu
    Maybe we could translate the rules in a couple of languages?

If you ask for people to volunteer I'm pretty sure we'll be able to have a nice result!
    Yea but... most of the time it's not that people don't understand, it's just that they don't ever read them or even try to in the first place...

Although that is a good idea... ^^ It'd be nice if someone looked into that...

But probably still as many people would break them, unfortunately, just for not reading them at all because they don't bother to look to see if there are rules... :<

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

There are a lot of rules, but I think they're all pretty important for the most part, especially with the number of active members here.

I agree that with all the rules it makes it hard to remember some of them, and with lots of areas on this site where they could be posted just makes it harder to find what rules you're looking for sometimes. I use to spend time just looking for where I read the rules so I wouldn't accidentally break them! However, they're all worth learning and mostly are common sense in one way or another.

For instance, the rule of not uploading an anime/manga/doujinshi where older links are active I completely understand and am glad the rule was finally set in place. I understand people are trying to help and everything, but I just see the extra links as spam -- and even worse if nothing but already existing links are posted. It's actually something that really irritates me... I'm strange, I know.

The reason: Someone else has already taken the time to upload to that particular hosting site before you, and an extra link from that site isn't needed in any way, if the site goes down or has problems neither link will work and the only thing the extra link will accomplish is splitting up where people will download from, maybe causing one or both to expire before their time. The same thing can be caused from too many available download links, so adding to that with the exact same place to download from is going overboard. And then there's the whole thing where people could abuse it for the points alone.

I think it's just a simple courtesy to make sure you aren't posting something that another person has already taken time to upload (I admit I do it once in a while, mistakes & bad timing happen) but there's no point in doing it purposely, if you're already taking the time to upload a file then checking the one or two other links from the host shouldn't be too difficult. Odds are they're still active and if they aren't and someone wants to download from that site they can always make a request.
    Last edited by Carmel; 07-06-2006 at 03:15 AM.

Dreamension
    I totally agree with Carmel on this one. In fact... I think the rules are still pretty mild when it comes to uploading... personally I think it's absolutely ridiculous that there are some people who, after there are already zillions of filefactory, megaupload, ysi links, still upload to some second rank site like mooload!! That's when it stops just being nice and trying to help and turns into just being greedy for points and rep... If I were the one making the rules here I would have put a stop to that loooong ago...

I suggest a list is made of standard upload sites like megaupload, filefactory, ysi, sendspace, etc. And only when someone specifically requests a site like mooload or spread-it is it allowed to upload there... not many will probably feel the same way but it really annoys me the way some people try to make a buck out of everything...

I have been on this forum for one year already, I've read the rules maybe a few times and I have not been warned even once! If I can do it... anyone can... you just have to want it...

Inochimizu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii
    Yea but... most of the time it's not that people don't understand, it's just that they don't ever read them or even try to in the first place...

Although that is a good idea... ^^ It'd be nice if someone looked into that...

But probably still as many people would break them, unfortunately, just for not reading them at all because they don't bother to look to see if there are rules... :<
    But, ignoring the rules is not a reason to break them... just like in your everyday life ^^'

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast