aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Natori (L10)Strawberry Cake 1Natsume (L10)
    Fire PhoenixHeart 4 (Rainbow)MeatBun
    Kei Nagai (L7)Edward (L10)Jin Ling (L2)

Question about Reputation Power

I have read Dai-kun's "Reputation Explained" post ( http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f327/t...explained.html ) and I think it's perfectly clear about Reputation Points and the status icons. But I'm not as sure about Reputation Power, or has that part been frozen?

While I don't have an exact date, I know that I have been at 150 Power since at the very least since 2014, and likely farther than that. Plus I have gone at least from 2 bees to 3 bees, also with no gain in Power. Both of those should have made the Power amount go up. For example, "For every 30 number of days, users gain 1 point of reputation power" and "For every 100 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation power".

Now if this part of reputation is no longer being used, then that's perfectly OK. I don't want to contest or argue; I just want to be sure I'm reading the most recent information.

If this is the wrong place for this question, please forgive me and tell me the right place or right person to ask. Any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated!

Flurry of Dancing Flames

following Victuri and Otayuri to all their performances to watch their cute moments together ♥
    Savings

Victor Nikiforov (young) (L5)(S052) Yuri KatsukiVictor Nikiforov (L10)
    Otabek Altin (L9)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Otabek Altin (L8)
    Axel (L10)Roxas (L10)Lea (L8)

I see what you mean. My rep power is at 150 too. The points increase though for reps received which is what increases your bar (and gives bees and such). I don't know why it is sitting at that number though.
    @aarinfantasy;

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

I won't be able to find the source of this information because I don't even know if it is posted yet but many years ago the reputation power was froze at a maximum of 150 and nobody ever changed that again.

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Jaehee (L5)For Me (Xmas)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Dai Lee (L5)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)

I remember asking Dai-kun about the delete reputation button about a year ago (clicky). At that time I had 450 rep power points but after he replied to my question in that thread, I checked back and my rep power was already at 150. Since then it hasn't changed either. I thought it was only me so I didn't care but now I see that it was actually implemented for the entire forum.

Well, let's wait for Aarin's reply, maybe there was a reason for @Dai-kun; to settle it at 150 max.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, and you're right posting this issue here kerlyness, no worries. I was the one updating that Dai-kun's thread about reputation so, as you say, this info is needed so I can update with the proper info. Thx!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

physically: Berlin; mentally: Skyhold/Frostback Mountains
    Savings

Dorian Pavus (L9)The Iron Bull (L3)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)Anders (L4)
    (Event) Forum - JuzumaruZevran Arainai (L8)Wolfwood (L10)

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere when someone asked a similiar question that the reason for limiting the Reputation power to 150 is so that not one single rep by a person with high power will increase someone's reputation too much in one go.
    As Reputation is not something you should gain while impressing one powerful "repper" but hopefully many people whose combined reps will give you a lot of reputation points.

but as I said I'm not sure anymore where I read it >_<'

scary momma set addict

Savings

Shihoudani (L4)Illumi (L9)Makishima Yuusuke (L7)
    Kasamatsu (L7)Masrur (L8)Hiko Seijuro (L10)
    Suzuya Jūzō (L8)(S046) Kogitsunemaru(S064) Toono Takashi

i can't remember when it was changed, but i do remember that the rep. power was limited to 150 max due to rep abuse (people were creating rep circles that would rep each other everyday several times a day to get bees, etc) and to prevent rep abuse

for example, if the rep power was not limited, my rep power would be 1325, so i would only need to rep someone 5 times for them to get a bee.

edit: updated reputation explained to note hte rep power limit

And I checked dm.su's rep guide from 2008, which had the rep power max at 100, I do not know when the max was changed to 150
    Last edited by cabbit_girl; 02-11-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Natori (L10)Strawberry Cake 1Natsume (L10)
    Fire PhoenixHeart 4 (Rainbow)MeatBun
    Kei Nagai (L7)Edward (L10)Jin Ling (L2)

Thank you, everyone, for your help and answers. I can totally see why this was changed. And now it's in the guide/explanation so (hopefully) no one else will need to ask!

Flurry of Dancing Flames

following Victuri and Otayuri to all their performances to watch their cute moments together ♥
    Savings

Victor Nikiforov (young) (L5)(S052) Yuri KatsukiVictor Nikiforov (L10)
    Otabek Altin (L9)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Otabek Altin (L8)
    Axel (L10)Roxas (L10)Lea (L8)

That might have been changed before I came to the forum or right after because I didn't remember that lol. Good thing it was answered though. I will close this thread then

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Just saw this today, and yeah we used to have rep power abuse years ago so there is a need to limit it. However, it's been so long... I forgot what is the limit until it's mentioned now ^_^;;; So yes, for now 150 is the max for Current Reputation Power but Reputation Level is actually still increasing in each user's account.