aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Dear Moderators

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Kira (L9)Pray for JapanShiki R (L6)
    Syaoran (L7)Kiba (L6)Light (L8)

Dear Moderators

This is the second time this year that I have logged onto the Aarinfantasy forums to find that a mod felt the need to cite me on my signature.

This time however, the mod was rude enough to completely edit my signature with some cheesy chibi Sasuke like character and link me to forum rules.

I made this account in 07, when it became required in order to access certain areas of the whole website, not just the forums. I have actually been visiting this website since before then. This has been my signature for pretty much the entire time.

There is only one thread I visit, it is the Aarinboy's Life Experiences thread. This thread has never required moderation. We have, in all these years, got along together just fine. So naturally since mods are never called upon to our little corner of the forum, they never have felt the need to go out of their way to bug me about this.

I just want to be left alone, and not have to worry about stuff like my signature when I come here to unwind. I mean really? It's 13 pixels. Unless you can correlate this to me somehow peeing in your cornflakes I really don't see the need to waste your time about it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

physically: Berlin; mentally: Skyhold/Frostback Mountains
    Savings

Dorian Pavus (L9)The Iron Bull (L3)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)Anders (L4)
    (Event) Forum - JuzumaruZevran Arainai (L8)Wolfwood (L10)

I don't want to be rude, but if this happened before: why not just cut your image?

as you say it's just 13 pixels... either resize your image in the whole or cut off 13 in the lengths...
    If you got warned before why do you wonder?
    Rules are rules, they apply for everyone and I don't see why you complain about a mod that did their job in linking you to the rules when you already know you are in the wrong

it's like you say "I've been biting off my apple before the cash point scale for all those years, now I got seen twice but it never was bad in all that time, why do they need to blame me now, I'm still paying for my apple even if I betray the store by 5ct only"
    Last edited by bronakopdin; 12-31-2014 at 05:39 AM.

Flurry of Dancing Flames

following Victuri and Otayuri to all their performances to watch their cute moments together ♥
    Savings

Midoriya Izuku (L3)Bakugou (L3)Todoroki Shouto (L3)
    Otabek Altin (L8)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Otabek Altin (L9)
    Axel (L10)(S096) Rei Izumi(S099) Dick Burnford

Sorry but everyone has to follow the same rules, no matter who they are (even staff). If it is over the limit, which it is, it will be removed after you get a warning. It is not rude to remove your signature completely when the signature is not within the rules.
    The template that replaced your signature is one we have used for years and reminds you to follow the rules.
    Last edited by Twinstar; 12-31-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Hyuuga Junpei (L8)Yokozawa (L10)Kirishima Zen (L10)
    Youichi HwS (L4)Sakurai HwS (L4)Hyuuga KnB (L3)
    Makoto Tachibana (L6)Heart 2 (Red)Sousuke Yamazaki (L9)

The thing is, the rules say "max" 500 pxl, and there is a reason for that. If they allowed you to keep your sig as it is, because it's 'only' 13 pxl more, they would have to grant the same right to other users as well.
    Yes, maybe it's not a prob in itself if your sig is slightly bigger, but the things that follow from allowing it to you are going to be a hassle and I understand that moderators and admins want to dodge that bullet by not making exceptions.
    You shouldn't understand this as an "attack" on you as a person or teasing. Things work like this in many aspects of life, if you think about it.

Btw. instead of opening a thread about it, you could have... dunno... opened paint and cut your pic a little. It would have saved you time, actually. Just saying...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

physically: Berlin; mentally: Skyhold/Frostback Mountains
    Savings

Dorian Pavus (L9)The Iron Bull (L3)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Fenris (L6)Hawke (L2)Anders (L4)
    (Event) Forum - JuzumaruZevran Arainai (L8)Wolfwood (L10)

@Norileaf; exactly what I was saying

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hi @InDLegacy ; The rules have always been like that and everyone's sig who went above the limit sig size, even by just a bit will get an auto replaced sig (the warning sig with the cute image) till it's changed. We chose to do that because it looks less harsher and a way to keep it within the sig size till you come back to see and change it. No rudeness or anything bad is intended, it was just a temporary sig

The rule is there for a reason... I understand it may be a tiny bit over but anyone else who see this allowance will also just take advantage of it and post a slightly bigger... and then it can snowball from there one after another, making it bigger and bigger, and people will just point "he/she can have a bigger sig, why can't I?" kind of thing, it happened before so that's one reason.
    You may probably be aware since you have been here since 2007, that we have changed from about 250pixels to 500pixels for sig size because we all know bigger sig is "better" or more bolder.

Hope you have a better understanding on how that works Thanks for reading.

7. + Show/Hide thank you list