aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BL 'til I die!

Savings

Jaehee (L5)For Me (Xmas)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Dai Lee (L5)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)

about these two:

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...r-reviews.html I put a notice on first post that it's just temporarily closed but maybe can be unstickied
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...er-points.html this one is still active

Flurry of Dancing Flames

following Victuri and Otayuri to all their performances to watch their cute moments together ♥
    Savings

Midoriya Izuku (L3)Bakugou (L3)Todoroki Shouto (L3)
    Otabek Altin (L8)Yuri Plisetsky (L9)Otabek Altin (L9)
    Axel (L10)(S096) Rei Izumi(S099) Dick Burnford

I am still sticking to what I suggested before that most areas could use a "graveyard". That way an old thread can be found or revived if needed. I already made one for shops since some members could suddenly want to reopen them again.

So to add to this, some areas have been a work in progress recently. Unfortunately though we still have a lot of catching up to do to make it less cluttered.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

POTM - 1 StarMakima (L10)SOTM - 2 Stars
    Denji (L9)Power (L7)Aki Hayakawa (L8)
    Makima (L9)Makima (L8)Gojo Satoru (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinstar View Post
    I am still sticking to what I suggested before that most areas could use a "graveyard". That way an old thread can be found or revived if needed. I already made one for shops since some members could suddenly want to reopen them again.

So to add to this, some areas have been a work in progress recently. Unfortunately though we still have a lot of catching up to do to make it less cluttered.
    Isn't it better to have one "graveyard" as a whole rather than one for each section? I've seen this in some forums similar to your concept, except they just have one section in bottom of main forum for all the dead threads. If sorting would be a problem, then maybe this section itself could have sub forums but point being.. is there a way to keep all "dead"/unwanted threads away from the actual active part of forum?

Flurry of Dancing Flames

following Victuri and Otayuri to all their performances to watch their cute moments together ♥
    Savings

I think having the graveyards within each section would be easier to find related threads. I think having one big graveyard with subforums could get messy in itself and confuse people. Though I am open to discussing it with other staff members.

Also having the dead/inactive threads close to the active ones may help reduce others remaking the older threads since they may not search a whole different section to find it.
    Last edited by Twinstar; 03-28-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Izaya (L3)
    Wow, it's really nice that you guys are giving some thought about this matter! I think graveyard sounds okay. There's lots of sections here, so it might get a bit confusing to have a graveyard for each of them, but it would be even MORE confusing there was only one graveyard. How about one graveyard for each board? D:

And I guess there's some stuff which could get removed alltogether? I have noticed there are some about, for exmaple, life issues which was posted few years ago, but no one had answered those threads.

If someone already noticed, I already went back for a swim to 7-10 pages futher and brough back alive some dead threads. Hopefully it will get soon easier to navigate there. :3

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)(S053) Victor NikiforovFlower 1 (Pink)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    (S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S054) Prompto Argentum(S055) Doumeki

Why are mods DELETING threads? They already migrate to the back pages in the course of time if they are not active. They are already marked for deletion after a length of time with no activity. (6 months as I recall.) And owners can always "Report" their own threads to request deletion, as I've been doing at Aarin's suggestion for years.

1: REMOVAL

I appreciate that Twin wants an intermediate step before final deletion since the thread may still have life in it. It may contain material of interest or may be used again by the owner. They are a resource with potential to be reactivated or reworked.

I don't get why they are being removed, unless I've misunderstood and the threads in question were over 6 months old, which seems likely.

The fact that someone already had to retrieve her threads suggest they may have been moved prematurely, counter to the expectations set by forum rules. I would be upset if my inactive threads were removed against expectation; I have plans for them.

2: MESS

NEWS FLASH: Life is messy. Sex, parties and good times with friends are all messy. A clean room is one that isn't being LIVED in. Let's not bury ourselves prematurely.

3: IMAGE

Graveyards are about burying dead stuff *shudders* I don't wanna see them around the forums. Maybe we need another image for these stored files. Resources. Recycling materials. Ideas and inspirations.

Old threads can be excellent resources and models for creating new activities, discussions, contests and giveaways. Maybe something along those lines could identify the old stuff that's been set aside but not deleted.

Thanks, Twin, for opening the discussion!

flaming tbag!

Savings

Masamune (L10)Heart 3 (Pink)Yukimura SB (L10)
    Masamune (chibi) (L2)Yukimura Sanada (chibi) (L2)Kojuurou (chibi) (L2)
    Shiroyasha (L9)Fayt (L1)Steve Rogers (L9)

@kinsugi; We're not deleting threads - we're removing stickies from threads that don't need to be stickied anymore. Twinstar and others are working on moving threads to graveyards, but as far as I'm seeing, threads are not being deleted. If any thread is being deleted at this time, it's for the usual reason of the original poster/thread owner requesting deletion.

@Twinstar; I do like the idea of a collective graveyard.. @Schneider; made a good suggestion with perhaps making sub-forums within the mass graveyard. I mean, just something to consider. ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)(S053) Victor NikiforovFlower 1 (Pink)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    (S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S054) Prompto Argentum(S055) Doumeki

Quote Originally Posted by fataltea View Post
    @kinsugi; We're not deleting threads - we're removing stickies from threads that don't need to be stickied anymore. Twinstar and others are working on moving threads to graveyards, but as far as I'm seeing, threads are not being deleted. If any thread is being deleted at this time, it's for the usual reason of the original poster/thread owner requesting deletion.

@Twinstar; I do like the idea of a collective graveyard.. @Schneider; made a good suggestion with perhaps making sub-forums within the mass graveyard. I mean, just something to consider. ^^
    Thanks for clarification! I'd noticed that we've not been deleting things, but I misinterpreted Twin's comment as including potential deletion. And yes, the "collective" graveyard sounds good.

Really Twin has been so diligent working to keep the forum running smoothly -- I have nothing but kudos! I am lazy in my spare time and simply wander the forum looking for new things to read or watch. Thanks for your hard work!
    Last edited by kinsugi; 03-28-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

I have checked Schneider's posted links, so here are the actions I did:

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f212/t...-previews.html - Since no more updates, I will move it to the staff's graveyard kinda place (is not accessible by anyone besides staff)

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...views-p28.html - Is not needed anymore, will send to staff graveyard

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...er-points.html - I will try to give out points still for this

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f303/t...ew-member.html - No longer active, will be moved to staff graveyard

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f203/t...iend-code.html - Deleting this.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f141/t...ion-drama.html - Removing this and will be moved to staff graveyard

Thanks everyone for suggesting!

As for Graveyard suggestion, it will be a good idea for a collective one if there are many sections needing it. But I think for now, it doesn't need a forum of its own yet... just do under their own subforum first.

Flurry of Dancing Flames

Savings

Actually it is not true that things are not being deleted. I had one of my own threads deleted by someone not long ago (and I still needed it though no one knew that). Not sure who deleted it but it shows that there is some pruning going on. My thread was in the card giveaway area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast