aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Miyasaka (L3)Yano (L7)Sacra
    Youko Nakajima (L3)Keiki (L1)Shouryuu (L2)
    Armin SnK (L9)Jean SnK (L8)Colossal Titan (L9)

Where to post self-published works in Download Central

This question refers to doujinshi. And I'm specifically asking about original doujinshis. I know that there is tag for "original" under M, N, O ... but I'd still like to know where it is most advised to post self published original works as I've seen people posting them all over.
    Mentaiko works would probably be the best example for why I'm confused around this. You can find his works in Oneshot sections, tagged as original in Doujinshi section, in Manga section, and even has its own tag in Doujinshi section.
    And with that even some doubles are posted.

I know that in English speaking world doujinshi is strongly associated with parodies based on existing work so it's not like i don't understand why people are posting such works all around. But I'd still like to know where does the forums policy stand in such case.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hi, self published original works should be posted under Doujins' M,N,O, tagged under "Original".
    I am not familiar at all with doujin works... so is Mentaiko's work classified as manga or doujin?
    But from what you reported here, I guess it looks like doujin to me. I will move the manga one to doujin.
    And then combine the same title (from two sections) to doujin.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Miyasaka (L3)Yano (L7)Sacra
    Youko Nakajima (L3)Keiki (L1)Shouryuu (L2)
    Armin SnK (L9)Jean SnK (L8)Colossal Titan (L9)

I though the same as well but i wanted to make sure.

I don't know all djs either but i do know few. Is there any person to whom I can report similar cases in the future. Topic is fine as well.
    That is if it even is in the interest of this forum to have such order.
    For Mentaiko, all his works so far were self-published/doujinshi released at events or digital stores. I have yet to hear him releasing anything in any official selling/major magazine or actual tankobon manga released with publisher. So yeah all his works would fully classify as doujinshi.

And i guess i can list here the rest of Mentaiko works that are not posted in original/doujinshi (I left out those tagged with "mentaiko" in dj section):
    Shinkota
    Saishou Kouyakusuu
    Hamu and the Boy Who Cried Wolf
    Suichoubai

Determined Tiger Monkey Cow
    Screwdriver
    Abnormal
    itaiITAIitai
    Least Common Denominator

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Jaehee (L5)For Me (Xmas)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Dai Lee (L5)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)

Regarding this issue, may I suggest to delete the [Mentaiko] prefix so no one else use it in the future? I agree that [Original] is the more appropriate one, otherwise we should have a prefix per every artist.

Actually, a subforum with Original djs only would be great too, in that section we could sort the threads alphabetically using prefixes with the artist's pen names instead of the fandom. I'm not sure if the 200+ djs with this prefix are good enough to open a new section but I'm sure that there're more threads around in the same case as Mentaiko's works.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gilgamesh (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Belphegor (L6)
    Graham (L1)Sougo (L7)Izaya (L3)
    Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiaLee View Post
    Actually, a subforum with Original djs only would be great too, in that section we could sort the threads alphabetically using prefixes with the artist's pen names instead of the fandom. I'm not sure if the 200+ djs with this prefix are good enough to open a new section but I'm sure that there're more threads around in the same case as Mentaiko's works.
    I really like this idea a lot and I would love a subforum for original doujinshi. There are more original doujinshi than most people know. Even some stuff from Watanabe Asia for example and Minami Haruka, Dr Ten and Inarya Fusanosuke and many more.
    But there are some things that might cause problems like the extras to official releases. Sometimes artists draw special chapters, sequels, prequels to their own stories as a doujinshi.
    Where should they go? They are obviously doujinshi but they kind of belong to an offiicially published manga storywise and contain stories that are considered canon. Would it be wise to post ch 1-5 of something in the manga section because it was released as a tankobon but then post ch 6 in the original doujinshi section because it was released as a doujinshi?

Another thing is that most people simply don't know. They see an original doujinshi and just assume it must be an officially published manga. I think mods would probably need to move threads around a lot.

And then there's the fact that some doujinshi get picked up by publishers later and officially released as tankobon. How would this work regarding to the subsections? Would the original doujinshi thread get moved? But I guess for that someone has to report it. It probably will be all over the place like it already is just with one more subforum.

But I think it'd be great to at least give it a shot though and see if it works out.
    Because if it does it would all be a lot easier to find some things.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

Noted about this.
    I think creating an "Original Doujinshi" under "Manga Haven" instead of "Manga Haven>Doujinshi" is better??
    What do you all think?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn
    I was rather suggesting a subforum in the download section.
    A place to download them so they don't get randomly posted under [Original] or [artist's name] in the doujinshi download section or by their title in the official manga or oneshot section because that's just confusing.
    Like the example made by Nachi if I want to look for a Mentaiko original doujinshi I have to check the [Mentaiko] tag and the [Original] tag in the doujinshi download subforum as well as check the original Manga download subforum and the Oneshot download subforum and maybe more because people don't know where to put it so they just put it wherever they feel it fits and that can be depending on the poster one of several different places.
    I think it's worth a try to make an original doujinshi download subforum to clear up this mess and have them in one place instead of everywhere.
    Last edited by PrinceTheRipper; 05-23-2013 at 11:56 AM.

BL 'til I die!

Savings

Jaehee (L5)For Me (Xmas)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Dai Lee (L5)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Heart 4 (Rainbow)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceTheRipper View Post
    But there are some things that might cause problems like the extras to official releases. Sometimes artists draw special chapters, sequels, prequels to their own stories as a doujinshi.
    Where should they go? They are obviously doujinshi but they kind of belong to an offiicially published manga storywise and contain stories that are considered canon. Would it be wise to post ch 1-5 of something in the manga section because it was released as a tankobon but then post ch 6 in the original doujinshi section because it was released as a doujinshi?
    Yup, this problem already exist between the Oneshot section and the Manga section. There're several duplicated entries because many of the oneshots have already been compiled in tankobon but when they first appeared were only oneshots and so they remain there. I think the forum has no policy regarding this but whenever I bump into one of this threads I report it to be merged with the manga title.

Another thing is that most people simply don't know. They see an original doujinshi and just assume it must be an officially published manga. I think mods would probably need to move threads around a lot.
    Well in this field we would definitely need moods more or less aware of this stuff so they can check things around and move accordingly to the best section.

And then there's the fact that some doujinshi get picked up by publishers later and officially released as tankobon. How would this work regarding to the subsections? Would the original doujinshi thread get moved? But I guess for that someone has to report it. It probably will be all over the place like it already is just with one more subforum.
    Now that I think about it, it's not a bad idea to leave them as they are because while it's true that a given title is part of a tankobon, at the beginning it was a solo publication.

Quote Originally Posted by aarinfantasy View Post
    Noted about this.
    I think creating an "Original Doujinshi" under "Manga Haven" instead of "Manga Haven>Doujinshi" is better??
    What do you all think?
    Definitely, this way it will have more visibility and people might have curiosity to check how things work under that section.

EDIT: *doh* I was thinking about the BL download section, so what I meant was under Manga Downloads > Original Doujinshi and not Manga Downloads > Doujinshi > Original Doujinshi.

Also I want to report that the rules/stickies are somehow cramped. I mean for new members they're still problematic because each section has its own way to sort stuff so I also suggest to redo completely the rules regarding posting and receive points for your contributions. I know that the current ones are useful and all but a new format and simpler way to explain the procudure would help a lot.

Regarding this new section someone must write up an explanatory introduction to inform what kind of works are appropriate in that subsection.
    Last edited by AlexiaLee; 05-23-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: the *doh* part

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexiaLee View Post
    Also I want to report that the rules/stickies are somehow cramped. I mean for new members they're still problematic because each section has its own way to sort stuff so I also suggest to redo completely the rules regarding posting and receive points for your contributions. I know that the current ones are useful and all but I a new format and more simple way to explain the procudure would help a lot.
    Yea, I totally agree. The rules are a mess. For example I never found out how much points one would be able to claim for uploading a doujinshi. I even asked mods and they didn't know.
    I do not plan on claiming any points (too much work to make these posts with all the links, dates and such) but I was curious.
    Same goes for the 'forbidden artists' list. It was linked to me by aarinfantasy after I posted something from an artist from this list. When I went looking for it again later on my own I didn't find it in the rules of the doujinshi download section. There's just walls and walls of text and many things are mentioned several times so it's hard to look for something specific.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

Ah yes, I meant to say it as Download section, sorry about that.

Hmm alright, I will add on the subforum soon. Might need everyone's co-operation on this since I actually don't know much about doujins (as you all know I am mostly on anime).

EDIT: For manga uploading points, it won't be revealed and will be kept a mystery. It has been that way since a few years back. I think there was a good reason for it back then when kriptonima was very active in giving out points (where she first thought about the idea). Otherwise, there were no manga uploading points at all because at that time I was not familiar with any manga, scanlations and doujins at all.
    But we will keep it this way... just so you know, points is about the same as video uploading now.
    Last edited by Aarinfantasy; 05-24-2013 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast