aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GH_Fan

Exclamation Misleading name - Gakuen Heaven

I downloaded this torrent and found out that it is actually "Boys Love Hyper" according to the episode screen.

I don't know if you are aware of this but Gakuen Heaven is a rather popular manga about a male professor who moves into an all GIRLS school.

Boys Love Hyper would be the opposite of Gakuen Heaven in that regard.

Your torrent name is misleading. I don't know if you are just trying to get more downloads to get the series popular but I think this is an unfair practice if that is the case.

I have no problem with you subbing yaoi anime, but you shouldn't title them in a misleading way when you are going to get people expecting just the opposite of your intended audience.

Thank you for your attention.

Inma-chan
    What are you talking about? o.o
    I know there's a manga called Gakuen Heaven which is for boys, but this series IS also called Gakuen Heaven (There have been games, mangas and CD dramas before the anime started, so no wonder our Gakuen Heaven for girls is popular in Japan!).
    I know how you feel, because I actually came across to the manga you name by thinking is was the Boy's Love Gakuen Heaven (^^UUuuuuuu
    But never thought of telling the person who scanlated that manga to change the name or scold him for making me mistake o_oUu

Before accusing someone of writing a misleading title, please check google and you'll see how wrong you are (^^U

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Shinra Inc. With Rufus & Reno & Tseng... ^_~
    Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)Heart 6 (Devil)Flower 1 (Pink)
    (S022) Iason(S009) HaviAsami (L9)
    Xmas (004)Frau (L9)Mikage (L8)

Yea, seriously, read up on it before you start making accusations and scolding all of us. We know what we're talking about. Check any official sources or websites, check Anime News Network. It doesn't matter what you check, this is still Gakuen Heaven. It's based off of the boys love game Gakuen Heaven. I've even played the game so I know it's the same.

^_^;; Sorry for seeming flustered but honestly, do some research before you make an accusation...

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Kamui (L7)Seishirou (L2)Subaru (L2)
    L (L10)Hollow Ichigo (L9)Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)
    RebornLambo(S003) Lelouch

I know there was a torrent by the same name provided by Live-eviL, but as an April Fool's Day joke. That might have been the one you downloaded.

Tabris
    If you look at the opening of the BL Anime Gakuen Heaven the title say's
    "学園 ヘウン" which means: "gakuen heaven"! Only the subtitle says "boy's love hyper".
    Now that you are aware of the fact that there is a popular Boy's Love Anime named Gakuen Heaven you might want to edit your post. Accusing the Aarinfantasy staff of misleading the audience just because you didn't look up the facts is a bit rude.
    Last edited by Tabris; 04-09-2006 at 09:48 AM.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Link (L7)Heart 1 (Red)Adol (L10)
    Pit (L7)(Event) IRC - CloudTrunks (L10)
    Pray for JapanLink (L8)Chocobo

I bet you're not going to read none of these replies but, GH_Fan, just enter www.gakuenheaven.com to know what the official name comes from...
    This should clearly demostrate you what the official title belongs to...

However, you're right about that there's a manga out there with this same title (official or unnoficial, that I dunno) that is about a teacher frequenting an all girls school... But that doesn't make it the official title for Gakuen Heaven...

So please, don't join the forums just to accuse us for something that's not true... We like this genre (yaoi) and try to support it the way we can... You can just ignore it if you don't like it...

Curious note...

Two days ago (when the first chapter of the subbed version of GH was released here in the forums), there were a lot of n00bies joining the IRC channel looking for this title. Between all of this people, there was one person who was looking for that ecchi title... When I told about what the released title here in AF was about, this member felt panic and left the channel running away...
    Last edited by Twilight; 04-09-2006 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Comment!~

wolfmier
    GH_Fan, you really do owe an apology here (although I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing one). Its your own ignorant fault for not reading up on the title in the many places where info is available, ie; anidb, anime news network, and many others. I'm pretty sure that even the torrent listing on Tokyotosho stated that this was a shounen-ai/yaoi series, not to mention the fact that they (and most other torrent listing sites) link directly back to the Aarinfantasy site... but of course I can understand common sense not coming into play when you're only thinking about gratuitous fan service and how quickly you can get it...

Worst of all, seeing that you took the time to sign up for an account here, you could have taken the time to read the thread about Gakuen Heaven (the anime, the manga or the game - seeing as a quick search would have unearthed information on all three I'm sure), and in doing so avoided making yourself look stupid and upsetting the people who worked so hard to sub this anime for the many many fans who have been waiting for it.

If you are any sort of a decent human being accept your mistake, apologise for it, and learn from it.

Noodlehead
    Umm...

I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but some of us may be overreacting a bit. GH_Fan expressed his opinions politely and respectfully. I don't see anything wrong with that.

But GH_Fan, as others said, yeah, the shounen-ai show you mistakenly downloaded is in fact called "Gakuen Heaven". Boy's Love Hyper is just a "sub-title" type thing for it. I think that's what the game company's name is.

On the other hand, the harem manga about a guy in an all-girls' school that you referred to is also called "Gakuen Heaven", as well -- but exclusively by the scanlation groups who translate it into English.

To clear it up: in Japan, the manga you described (guy in all-girls' school) is referred to as "学園天国". If you were to romanize that, you would get "Gakuen Tengoku." (Tengoku means heaven.) Whereas "Gakuen Heaven", the shounen-ai anime, is actually "学園ヘヴン " in Japan. ("Gakuen" in kanji, "Heaven" in katakana.) They're two completely unrelated stories, but have similar names. As you can see, it's easy to get confused and mix the two up.

Anyway, for further proof and explanation, look here: link to ANN article.

A general statement to everyone: I just feel it's best to keep in mind that different people have different interests. It makes sense that some fans of the manga might get pissed off by getting these titles confused, but we don't need to be angered either. No use in harboring negative feelings against others, right? I hope this cleared up any confusion.

~ Noodlehead
    Last edited by Noodlehead; 04-09-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

(S013) AkihitoYukito (L1)Touya (L1)
    Sasuke (L1)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L4)
    Yuuri (L6)Wolfram (L8)Randy (L1)

GH_Fan=Gakuen Heaven Fan? Err... besides that, I have no idea what this person is talking about, and they should be apologising and learn to not make accusations before taking the time to do 5 seconds of research.

tenchikaze
    All right, all right, GH_fan made a mistake. It happens. I definitely can see why this mistake would have happened if a person can't read the Japanese logo but can read the English subtitle on the bottom of the logo circle, and I can see why a conclusion would have been jumped to if the person had been hoping to see a totally different kind of story in the first place. We don't have to keep on berating him/her (?) for paragraphs upon paragraphs while essentially all just saying the same things but in different words.

EDIT: Thanks, Noodlehead, you got your post up before mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast