aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    trapped in a world full of hetero bishies
    Savings

Possible issues with autocensoring system

I made a post in Adult/Intimacy Talk that included the "B word" (the one formerly used for adult female canines/lupines)
    It autocensored into *****.
    I did not say anyone on or off this forum was that word and it was censored as the post went up.
    I am not under a ban or punitive hardship.
    The only run in I ever had with authorities was posting the wrong kind of link in the download section. In that instance I did not argue when the post was removed.

Members under 18 don't belong there and last I heard the software renders them unable to make any post or reply there so they have little incentive to look. Even most under 18 members are probably reading stuff they theoretically shouldn't, this is a yaoi forum after all.
    As such swearing in these areas shouldn't be a problem IMO.

Is the autocensoring of 18 plus spaces a bug, something the software does by default, an intentional policy, or something else?
    Are there some words banned for being either internationally more obscene or expected to cause disharmony within the culture of this site (I.E. like butt hurt in flame wars on 4chan)?

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Words that are considered 18+ or offensive have been put into the system to be censored as soon as they are posted. Even though some areas require the users to be 18+, it doesn't mean that some who are older than 18 won't be offended by those words. Aarin has no intention of taking the words out of the auto-censor. I agree with the censoring myself since there are ways to say stuff without swearing if needed. You could always just use symbols or another word to replace it if possible.