aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gilgamesh (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Belphegor (L6)
    Graham (L1)Sougo (L7)Izaya (L3)
    Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn

Where are the mods/ Forum Support?

For quite a while I'm updating raw doujinshi threads with the scanlated versions.
    Since the language tags need to be changed I'm looking out for mods who are online..but I never see any.

I even sent messages to some but never got a reply nor was the language tag changed by them. (but to be fair...in the beginning I got help with the first one I needed to change)
    (I started to contact the people who started the threads directly ( since they can edit the tag as well) which proved to be way faster then sending messages to a mod)
    And two days ago when I wanted to contact a mod again from that section there was (as expected) nobody online. Then I just checked several of the mods profile pages...and all I can see there are New Years wishes...nothing new.
    Then I thought maybe I see when a mod edits a post...I also found one of these today. The person who edited the post in the doujinshi section was Ruby_Alexandrine who isn't even listed as a mod for the doujinshi download section.
    So I'm wondering if the majority of these people are still active?

I really don't want to be a pest. But I was told once by a mod that if we want the language tag in that section to be changed then we should contact a mod.
    But I don't feel like sending a message to EVERY of the 11 mods which are listed as 'in charge' for that section in the hope that one of them might come online at some point. I don't expect a prompt reaction but no reaction... seems a bit weird.

I know there's this option for the people to browse the Forum without being shown as online. In case that is used by mods...I think that's not something they should use.

If some of the Forum Support people or mods are not active anymore or have very few time then I think they shouldn't be listed so people don't send them messages waiting for replies or an action that will never come.

btw. that's the threads which needs to be edited atm
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f103/t138202-abazure-oga.html
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f104/t...eart-beat.html
    Just in case someone wants to change it.

Maybe we should add threads in each download section where people can state what needs to be updated and mods can check it, would be easier then the whole sending PM thing when you don't even know if someone's active or not.
    Last edited by PrinceTheRipper; 01-15-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Flower 1 (Pink)(S053) Victor NikiforovFlower 1 (Pink)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Spacer 1
    (S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S054) Prompto Argentum(S055) Doumeki

I've run into this problem elsewhere on AF, too. I think the idea of a thread for mod issues is great, and could be useful in other parts of AF as well. That way any mod could handle whatever is the issue, no matter the time zone of the poster.

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

If you want to make the moderators aware of threads you feel need changing/deleting/attention use the Report Post function. Every post has a little button called Report Post. Just click that and you can write what is wrong with the post and the moderators will look at it. We won't always respond the way you may want us to, but we will see it and take action as needed.

We are here, and we are working. ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

As Fergus37 has stated, use the report post option. The message you submit goes to a thread that all the mods can see. So even if a mod that doesn't take care of that certain area of the forum sees it and knows how to deal/change it, they can go ahead and do that, instead of waiting for a certain mod to do it.

Yes some of the mods are busy and such, but there are still most of us who are here and working hard. I actually said this very same comment before about the forum staff a long time ago. But now that I see what is involved, I can understand why they are so busy and why they may want to have themselves showing as invisible. I have myself as invisible right now for personal reasons, which are pretty much done with. So I'll be changing it soon so I can be spotted. But some just have way too much to do around the forum and may not want to be seen while doing what they need to do. We have just as much right to use the invisible mode as everyone else on the forum.

Yaoi Legend

~IN MY VERY OWN "LA LA LAND" TAMING HIBARI AND MUKURO~
    Savings

Vietnam (L10)(Event) Forum - KiseAmerica (L10)
    Sebastian (L13)Fei Long (L8)Sebastian (L13)
    (S058) MayaAsami (L12)(S055) Doumeki

Too many members and too many problems but only few of you guys/mods doing the work. Should get more active mods to help out?

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hello, some mods are active recently when some are not (let's just say it's seasonal for them)... so the best is to use the Report button where it's auto sent to the Staff forum section where all mods and admins have access to it. This is better than a PM unless you want it to be discreet or personal for some reason, then you will need to PM the mods in that section as listed.

Even some other staff who doesn't visit the section (like me) can help out like change tags etc.
    We usually try to attend to it asap when there's a Reported Post/Thread in the mod section.

I can tell you that some mods chose to be invisible (because of personal issues)... but I can see them daily online, so they are doing their thing. Probably you ran into inactive mods >.<;;; Sorry about that~

So guys, please use the Report Button too to alert the mods/admins for anything like for thread tags changes, editing that's needed etc. It's not only for 'problematic' posts and won't get you into trouble. We don't mind such reports as long as it's valid and not random spam. Thanks~

EDIT:
    @PrinceTheRipper ; Your two threads reported has been taken care of Thanks for sharing.

The Report Button is the button below each post, click on the post you want to report on. It's the exclamation mark in the triangle icon.

~
    Last edited by Aarinfantasy; 01-15-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Jack NBC (L10)Jirou (L6)Rai / Cadis Etrama di Raizel (L1)
    Hades (L10)(S035) HisokaYakumo (L5)
    Toothless(S028) Fushimi SaruhikoFrankenstein (L2)
    hi @PrinceTheRipper; as for FS, i check in my account as much as i can, so if it is just something minor that you don't want to use the report bottom to, you can always write me^^

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

EDIT2: I have updated this on the section rules to reflect on this:

13. If you have any issue that need a staff's attention like found an invalid link or editing the thread's title/language tag, please use the Report button at the bottom of each post. Click on the exclamation mark with triangle icon at the bottom of the post you want to report. State the reason why it needs a staff's attention.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f67/t2...html#post38765

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Gilgamesh (L10)Levi SnK (L8)Belphegor (L6)
    Graham (L1)Sougo (L7)Izaya (L3)
    Irabu (L6)Spacer 1Reborn
    Hello.
    Thanks for the fast and detailed answers.
    I want to mention here that I did not say that mods are not doing their work.
    Neither did I say that I don't want them to have their private time.
    I'm pretty sure that the mods here do a lot of work which we cannot see as normal users.
    I also acknowledge the fact that everyone should put their private life first because I do the same.

And in my case I can use the report function which I will do from now on (didn't know that it could be used for such things...I always thought report function was for kind of negative things), thanks for telling me that.

But what if I have another problem...something that cannot be dealt with a report button?
    Who to contact when nobody seems to be online or where to leave a message.

I'm glad to see that there were several mods replying to my thread because that means there are people who are active. And I even know some of you guys so you should know I'm not trying to piss any of you off.
    Just saying that for a normal user it's a bit confusing when no mod is shown as active.
    (believe me..I was looking out for them, refreshed the main forum page several times a day to check the members who are online list)

Twinstar said there's so much work to do that it's taking all the time and makes mods go invisble so they can do the work behind the scenes without disturbance and the rest of the mods has personal reasons for going invisible.
    I thought mods are people who show some presence so you know that they are there to help if anything is going on. You describe it like the mods here only need to do stuff behind the scenes (I guess updating, adding stuff and other technical and organizing things) and have no responsibility to show some presence now and then.

But like I said, my problem is solved so I cannot really complain. ^^
    Thanks again for the fast reply.
    And thanks for adding the language tags Aarin. ^^
    Last edited by PrinceTheRipper; 01-15-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1

@PrinceTheRipper ;
    Well, they have their own reasons... But I didn't ask nor force them to be visible, I mean it's their choice~ And I would like them to continue to just be Visible or Invisible on their own.

But as for me, I have not been on Invisible mode since 2007. And that's mainly because of the very reason you mentioned. So I think out of anyone in the forum staff, I should be the one doing that.

And nope, we are not saying you are saying that mods aren't doing anything. It's just that you were unlucky and contacted a mod who went inactive. They do go inactive with no notice to the staff members at times, but most of them do. And sometimes they just pop back in, so it's extremely hard to really keep editing the Mods list in-charge.

Good thing you mentioned this too, as this is a good thread to inform others that they CAN report such things... even invalid links too!~ Oh ya... I forgot to mention, if all fails (even Report Button), you can also send email to staff@aarinfantasy.com or click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of this forum. I am mostly the one who attends to it daily (within 24 hours if I am healthy or not sick or have internet access lol).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast