aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I got a virus from the forum...

I have been on this forum for awhile now and I don't understand how I could have gotten a virus from the site, but my avast antivirus blocked a Trojan from the forums and I went to the bathroom and when I came back the window was closed and I had a virus, it's called "win 7 antivirus 2012" you can google that and see what I'm talking about. I know the owner of the forum wouldn't do this so I'm posting this because I think someone might have breached the security of this website. I hope an admin reads this, thank you. I'm posting this from my iPod touch because the virus seems to be pretty serious, and I havent had a virus for years, mind you I'm very tech saavy so I know what I'm talking about.

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

Huh. That's interesting and a bit weird. I only say that because I have avast too, and haven't seen any warnings about a Trojan being blocked.

Not saying I doubt you at all....just wondering if others with avast are going to report this, too.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by gollumsfriend View Post
    Huh. That's interesting and a bit weird. I only say that because I have avast too, and haven't seen any warnings about a Trojan being blocked.

Not saying I doubt you at all....just wondering if others with avast are going to report this, too.
    Yeah Ik it's hard to believe but I was on this forum no other windows open or anything and I got an alert and I thought oh that's bs I've been here numerous times with no problem, then went to go to the bathroom and when I got back boom full out virus, I'm shocked tbh.

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Lelouch (young) (L1)

Use Ccleaner , and spybotseach and destroy maybe you caught it before and its just an annoying type of cookie , still id recommend to use firefox with adblock plus, noscript , better privacy addons

Edit: If these do not work format , better safe than sorry

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Miyuki Kazuya (L4)Heart 6 (Devil)Sawamura Eijun (L4)
    Abe (L2)Flower 1 (Pink)Mihashi (L2)
    Yashiro STWH (L9)Doumeki STWH (L9)Spacer 1

@foxyfourth4; maybe it would be good to PM Dai-kun so he can answer it immediately

This tells more about the virus. Also checked the Microsoft site, Malwarebytes can remove it - same as what bleeping recommended.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

This post was made as an issue

Thanks guys, I got rid of it with a complete restore. I just hope nobody hacked the site or something. This is just so bewildering I haven't had really ever had a virus before. So much for avast lol, it was paid for too...

EDIT: Urgent update, I got attacked again (this time it was blocked by norton anti-virus) it seems to happen when I go into the community chat. Here are the details of the blocked attack. This NEEDS to be brought to the attention of an admin.

Risk Name: Web Attack: Suspicious Browser Fingerprinting 3
    Attacking Computer: www.venmint.com (78.159.122.88, 80)
    Attacker URL: www.venmint.com/lemontreesG/7699776511587298792
    Destination Address: CONNOR-PC (my computer)

Remember, I did a full recovery so I am back to factory shipped settings, it came with a norton trial, and it blocked the same sub-forum. I really think there's a security breach. Also keep in mind, it may not be reported by others affected because this virus blocks internet connection.

*I recommend NOT clicking those links as they are the source of the attack.
    Last edited by foxyfourth4; 12-11-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

I transferred this in the forum support section bugs I got a virus from the forum... - aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection - AF Supports

Do you remember what page you were trying to access in the community chat?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    I transferred this in the forum support section bugs I got a virus from the forum... - aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection - AF Supports

Do you remember what page you were trying to access in the community chat?
    I'm not sure, I think it might have something to do with the advertisements because it happens randomly.

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by foxyfourth4 View Post
    I think it might have something to do with the advertisements because it happens randomly.

So......you're saying it's happened before this, if it's happened "randomly", right? That means more than once....

No idea what browser you're using....but free avast + Firefox with noscript add-on has worked great for me with no problems at all for almost 2 years now.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Quote Originally Posted by foxyfourth4 View Post
    I'm not sure, I think it might have something to do with the advertisements because it happens randomly.
    Would like to know the exact thread you been on... because someone might have a pic posted that linked it to that "www.venmint.com" site which your anti virus detected as virus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast