aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Like?

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Like?

What is the purpose of this new "Like" function? Is it like another way to rep or is it just there now for the heck of it, like on facebook? And I haven't looked into this yet, but do we have to get a message about receiving a like?

SirBeefychu
    It appears to be a rep system of sorts, yes. I'm unsure if you get a message, but I liked your post, so you could tell us! Surely if you don't like it, you can turn off the messages somewhere... Hmm.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Well all I get is a message that shows up (just like if you get a new pm) and it just says who liked which one of your posts. I don't see a way to turn that off though. I guess this is something that I just have to put up with? I also don't think it adds to the rep points by the looks of it but I could be wrong unless someone can confirm this for me

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Well, I think Dai-kun is trying out this function, I was away for a week and he has not discussed with me about this yet. So maybe we can wait for his input on this~

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

I saw this feature in another forum.

The rep system is used to thank members for comments/information that are useful to them or for services provided by other members.

This Like system is used to highlight posts that members like whether it is just a comment or information in a post as long as the members like them.

This is what I gather from the other forum ^_^.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

I figured that but I wasn't sure if it was really needed here since we have the rep and thank system already. I'm sure some will like this feature but I don't personally care for it (I get enough notices on this site as it is XD). Well if it does stay I wonder if there is something else that can be done about the big sign at the top of the thread about how many likes it has. That big white sign is an eyesore (especially when using the fantasy black theme).

I'm not saying I don't like this feature but I was just happy with the star rating system we had for the threads already.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Hades (L10)Aoshi (L10)
    Saitou Hajime (L8)Shishio Makoto (L8)Sano (L5)
    Kenshin (L7)Barnaby (L2)Yahiko (L4)

*agrees on the eyesore*
    I'm also using fantasy black, btw.
    I don't really think we need the likes either, but well.
    But I'd appreciate it, if the white of the button would be changed to something darker.

SirBeefychu
    I like the... uh... like button. But the messages should be able to be configured and while I can see why people don't like the big like notice at the top of the thread, I think if it were edited a little, it wouldn't be such an eyesore.

(Also, nice to see people use the dark theme. I found it by accident and LOVE it.)

Yaoi Expert

A nice dark cave in Middle Earth...with Ichigo and a kitty... ^^
    Savings

Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Heart 6 (Devil)Grimmjow (L10)
    Grimmjow (L4)Ichigo (L6)Grimmjow (L6)
    Ishida Uryuu (L8)Lea (L8)Spacer 1

I don't want to say that I truly dislike the "like" feature. I mean, I have been using it when I come across a post I like. I'm not a Facebook user, so this is new to me.

It just seems.....really redundant and a little pointless to me. I don't know....I feel it takes a little away from the specialness of reps, and then there's the fact that one can rate threads already, too (previously mentioned).

And YES, I really wish there was a way to shut the notices off for it. When I logged in this morning and had 19 notices (a record for me), I kind of freaked out!!! But then I see that 12 of them are for "likes". Personally, I'm only interested in knowing right away how many new VM's and PM's I need to reply to.

I think I share a lot of the same thoughts on this as Twinstar.

EDIT: PS....and I'm nearly positive it does not increase one's Rep rating in any way.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Sherlock Holmes (L9)Zoro (L10)John Watson (L9)
    Ace (L10)Law (L10)Sanji (L10)
    Sanji (L7)Draco Malfoy (L3)Otoya (L5)

I agree with gollumsfriend on this...
    its hard enough to gain reps and now that with the like system instead of rep, people will just use the like feature since its easier instead of giving reps.
    i understand that reps and likes are different but some do not and will just use it as an alternative to what should have been a rep...
    well even though if in the future it will add reps everytime a person likes the post, then the like feature will be more useless..

i really appreciate all the hard work on the site and upgrading its features but.. i think there are some things that are i dont know should be more important than these add-ons...(i dunno for example the live thing for posts and interests maybe?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast