aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Fan

With the asian lepricons at the bottom of the rainbow
    Savings

Kakashi (L10)Cloud (L9)Naruto (L9)
    Sion (L9)Ulquiorra (L8)Sion (L7)
    Kurama (L7)Sion (L5)Sion (L4)

Relationship Advise?

I've been coming here alot recently to post about relationship problems, issues, or concerns, maybe a forum/sub-forum for relationship advice would be a good idea. Not sure if many others ask for advise here as well.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Roxas (L4)Batman (L1)Kakashi (L10)
    (S010) JokerButters (L4)Quatre (L6)
    Muraki (L8)Iruka (L8)Edward (L5)

While it's a considerate idea, I think that it might get messy if we start spreading out There are a lot of threads about advice in general, not just limited to relationships, too.

I think that's why we have a general community cafe where you can ask/talk about life that doesn't center around yaoi.

And we have a Life Issues/Advice sticky at the top of the Community Cafe for those type of problems.

That's just my thought on it though

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by MiraiKurosaki View Post
    While it's a considerate idea, I think that it might get messy if we start spreading out There are a lot of threads about advice in general, not just limited to relationships, too.

I think that's why we have a general community cafe where you can ask/talk about life that doesn't center around yaoi.

And we have a Life Issues/Advice sticky at the top of the Community Cafe for those type of problems.

That's just my thought on it though
    I think that the "Life Issues/Advice" thread kinda makes some people stay away from it because it might give off the impression that they are wining about there life -- whereas a forum would be able to show the different topic people post. Also that thread im sure can get flooded sometimes by multiple people posting before a person is able to respond, so theres a possibility someone is left out or the reply isnt as personal.

just my two cents

Mordor
    I think the life issues/advice is meant for this type of problems as well, and those who really do want to know what's going on in other members lives, and want to help, go there. Those who don't go there, would not visit the sub-forum either. Just my thoughts

There could be maybe a sub-forum in community cafe, for life/relationships advice, since there already is one for sex-talk.. but not a whole section, that'd be going too far imo. since community cafe was created for this kind of topics. ^^
    Last edited by Mordor; 09-04-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Mordor View Post
    I think the life issues/advice is meant for this type of problems as well, and those who really do want to know what's going on in other members lives, and want to help, go there. Those who don't go there, would not visit the sub-forum either. Just my thoughts

There could be maybe a sub-forum in community cafe, for life/relationships advice, since there already is one for sex-talk.. but not a whole section, that'd be going too far imo. since community cafe was created for this kind of topics. ^^
    True about them prolly not visiting the sub forum the same.

But a subforum for life issues in general docent sound bad.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by dzlifefighter View Post
    I've been coming here alot recently to post about relationship problems, issues, or concerns, maybe a forum/sub-forum for relationship advice would be a good idea. Not sure if many others ask for advise here as well.

... ahm... well creating a sub forum for relationship / life (?) advice is nice, but wouldn't the blogs be better for this? If its on-going issues / advice?

Also I am not sure whether its really necessary as people who want to see your posts, can do so and providing you title your post well then creating a sub forum, will only just make more work for the mods and admins as they will need to re-configure the site + then people will ask them to move threads into the new area etc... from experience moved threads sometimes loses people's subscription to them or trigger countless emails if they have set up alerts, which people do here.
    F

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1PochitaSpacer 1
    (S096) Rei IzumiHeart 6 (Devil)(S095) Towa
    (S097) Misaki(S099) Dick Burnford(S098) Yuto Lennix

Hmm well... some ppl do post away at the Community Cafe general area and not the Life Issues thread (the stickied one). I understand how some posts can be missed out too in that thread.

Blogs are more personal and intimate which I will suggest ppl to post it there, but I think some ppl wanna reach out for more open opinions too.

For now, Community Cafe should be enough as it involves all sort of things that happens around us... giving the area some variety of topics to chat about including relationships.

It's good to see you suggested it from your point but at the moment there is no need for it yet. Thank you for helping those who need advice.