aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mocca parfait

Propose a change to the upload forum function

Isn't it possible to adjust a forum function somehow for uploads? Like you can only reserve a limited amount of links for a single anime episode so others get a chance too, to stop one person from hogging all the uploads. Something like that.

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f55/t1...a-boku-no.html

Just look at the Uraboku thread and you'll see what I mean.
    Edit: I'll need to clarify the nature of the complaint: It's not that the three-limit rule has been broken. It's that one person is reserving all the new releases of the best hosts and fansub groups within minutes of the release, every week. There are other people who have the same quality uploads ready and also very quickly. They just don't get a chance to and from an uploader pov I can tel you, it's frustrating.

It really would be better I think if there was a limit to how many links 1 person can reserve, not per post like the 3 limit rule but in a timeframe. I very much appreciate pple who upload so much like Black_Orchid, that kind of commitment is really great. I'm just saying, share the stage a little.
    Last edited by mocca parfait; 07-22-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Well, as an user, if the great uploaders who I know always have the best fansubs in the best timeframe still can upload without problems I don't mind what the others do. I don't want that great uploaders like Black_Orchid lose space because they always have the best quality uploads - and faster than everybody else, always upped just an hour after the release, sometimes even faster than this.
    Last edited by daniyagami; 07-21-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

I think/thought that the rule was that you could only reserve three hosts at a time

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    I think/thought that the rule was that you could only reserve three hosts at a time
    I understood that too. I didn't saw any "infractors" yet, I looked at the Uraboku thread but couldn't figure wich page have the example of the complain.
    As far as I know the mods are pretty much attentive to enforce this rule.

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Hongou (L10)Yuuya (L10)Kichou (L10)
    Klaus (L10)Taki (L10)Kagerou (L9)
    Wolfram (L10)Kazuki OTRFK (L10)Wataru OTRFK (L10)

Hello everyone

From my understanding from discussion with Admins when I was a FMP, members are supposed to reserve 3 host links (per file format) at any time but after completely uploaded the reseved 3 host links, members can reserve another 3 host links that had not yet been reserved.

Ama - to answer your question on how many links do we count for multi uploading host services (multiupload, sharebee and the like)
    The answer is 1 since members only upload ONCE to the host only

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Kanda (L8)Sasuke (L12)Hiei (L2)
    Seto (L7)Bakura (L10)Vincent (L8)
    Marik Ishtar (L10)Motonari (L8)Sasuke (L7)

The xvid encodes are the only ones with five links. Maybe she confused personal-encodes with the manga-section rule about scanlations - where the person who does it can upload to as many hosts as they want. Since they're her encodes, anyone wanting to upload them has to first download them from her since she's the only source. That makes her no different from the scanlators in the manga section who are allowed to use as many links as they want when they're sharing their own work here on the forum. We want to encourage people to share their own 'new' things here, right? If there's no benefit to sharing new things (your own scanlations, your own encodes) then you might as well just keep reuploading the same things everyone else is reuploading.

I didn't realize fansubbers and encoders didn't get the same 'freedoms' that scanlators do when they post their own stuff here. It doesn't seem fair, especially considering how much bigger the files they're uploading are. In addition, there are shops and requests in the points section where people pay a *lot* for rencodes of anime episodes. If someone is doing it of their own accord right there in the download thread, I think they deserve a few extra host links. Assuming she even got points for the re-encodes...

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Arigatomina - no points are awarded for re-encodes but awarded for the links uploaded for the re-encoded files >_<.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    Arigatomina - no points are awarded for re-encodes but awarded for the links uploaded for the re-encoded files >_<.
    I know. By letting people upload their encodes to more links (5), we'd be giving them more points than they'd get just by reuploading the pre-existing versions of the episodes (3). The extra points for those two extra links would be a bonus for doing her own encode instead of just reuploading what's already out there. You see what I was getting at? That's how it's done in the manga section - getting to use more links for your own stuff makes it more 'profitable' to share your own stuff and add something 'new' to the forum.

I just don't understand why fansubbers and encoders don't get the same 'extra host links' that scanlators do. Is it because the files are bigger and worth more points?

In Love with Cute Chibis

Savings

Arigatomina - You must have misunderstood because the members who re-encoded their own anime file are able to upload to as many number of host links as they want. It's the subbed file from the subbing group that members are limited to 3 reserve hosts at any time to allow other members with slow internet to be able to upload the subbed file >_<.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    Arigatomina - You must have misunderstood because the members who re-encoded their own anime file are able to upload to as many number of host links as they want. It's the subbed file from the subbing group that members are limited to 3 reserve hosts at any time to allow other members with slow internet to be able to upload the subbed file >_<.
    I see. I'm glad I misunderstood. ^^ I really appreciate getting xvid encodes for anime, so I don't want the people doing it to get in trouble.

Someone mentioned Black_Orchid, so I thought she was the one the original poster was complaining about. She only used extra host links for her own re-encode of the fansubbed episodes. I guess the complaint was about someone else in the thread, then. Thanks for clearing that up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast