aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Harada (L1)Tetsunosuke (L6)Alois (L6)
    Ginko (L6)Ritsu (L6)(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Belphegor (L6)Chibitalia (L4)Yoshida (L6)

Retiring cards form the Ishop

We have now a new thread where member can express their wishes for new cards for the Ishop ( thanks Aaarin!). As I read the suggestions, I couldn't help but notice that some of the characters mentionned already had a card in the shop. That's what made me think if maybe it would be time to retire some of the old cards that are actually in the shop. I don't know if there is a method to determine if a card "has run it's course" before adding new ones.

Some cards were highly popular and were purchased by a LOT of members. I noticed that some of them haven't seen their numbers go down quicky after the last time the cards were re-stocked. I don't know...maybe most of the members who had an interest already made their purchase (lv1 Luffy, anyone???)

There are also other cards that were never popular to begin with. For example, all the cards Meine Liebe Wieder never found more than 10 buyers to purchase them.

The only problem I foresee with retiring a card would be that I don't know if the members who have them wouldn't be able to sell them back. Unless they would get get points for the selling without having the card re-stocked.But then again, I still believe if would be better than having an endless number of cards available.

Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Ciel (L5)Pray for JapanHiro (L4)
    Heine (L5)Badou (L5)Yusuke (L2)
    Stein (L1)Kubota (L4)Tres (L5)

..I think some cards have been retired from the Ishop before? I believe I have seen some members with cards that can't be found in the ishop anymore. Also, when you think about the limited/special edition cards - they eventually retire and new ones are brought in, and I think the users who purchased those still get to keep them. The whole retiring cards from Ishop concept has probably been done before, it's just it's been a while ~

:edit

and I think it's a good idea to retire some cards from the Ishop. Looking there, there are some cards with total purchases of less than 10.
    Last edited by RainSprite; 09-20-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Rin (L7)Pray for JapanYukio (L9)
    Rin (L9)Minato (L6)Yukio (L7)
    Inuyasha (L10)TimcanpyInuyasha (L1)

As the owner of some of the less popular cards, I'd be pretty upset if my cards were to suddenly disappear or to be told that I "had" to sell them back. I mean, if it came down to it and some cards were to be "retired" then why not just move them to a new iShop category, for example, "retired cards" where one cannot purchase the cards because they're no longer stocked but the ones who DID buy those cards can keep them. I mean, it's just a suggestion, and since I have my own forum with this kind of function, I know this is entirely possible to do if that's what the admin wanted.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S032) Ruruka(S031) Shou(S035) Hisoka
    ApoBlack Cat 2Pumpkin 2
    Eren SnK (L9)Krauser (L2)(S030) Virus

I have one of these cards that has only ever been sold 10 times but he's one of my favourite characters in anime, the card was a gift, and I'm even planning to ask for a card to be created of his (slashy) partner whenever I become a 100-millionaire...I'd hate to see him go

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yumi BnK (L8)Xmas (014)Wataru BnK (L6)
    Aizen (L1)Tomohiro Shiraishi (L5)Yoshinaga Koushi (L7)
    Howl (L10)Renji BnK (L6)Raoul (L8)

I must say I don't see what's the problem? The cards are already in the iShop, they make some people happy, and that's enough for me. It's not like we cannot have more cards because of the cards already existing.
    I'll add that if we only put characters loved by the biggest number of people, isn't it a way to deny difference?

6. + Show/Hide thank you list

Mordor
    I also don't see the problem, as long as at least someone has purchased the card. I would get this, if there were cards no one ever wanted to buy.
    And just because something is popular, doesn't mean everyone automatically likes it. I for one don't like majority of the characters in iShop, and I am glad there are a few of those I do like, even love, and will get someday.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Iwaizumi Hajime (L8)Oikawa Tooru (L9)
    Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Makoto Tachibana (L6)

Agree with Demeter and Morgandy They're not hurting anyone by being there...

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Kise (L10)Kuroko (L10)Aomine (L10)
    Sebastian (L10)Ciel (L9)Natsume (L10)
    #2Eren SnK (L2)Levi SnK (L8)
    I completeley agree with most of the responses above. Cards don't hurt anyone by being there! Even if the demand is low, they still make some people happy.

I think its foolish to think about trying to reduce the number of cards available in the iShop. It would simply stifle variety and means that everyone would have the same cards/combination.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Harada (L1)Tetsunosuke (L6)Alois (L6)
    Ginko (L6)Ritsu (L6)(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Belphegor (L6)Chibitalia (L4)Yoshida (L6)
    There are 318 cards available in the shop as we speak. If the forum wants to expand the Ishop with no limits then there is no problem. I brought on the subject because I didn't think it would be the case.

Demeter wrote: "I'll add that if we only put characters loved by the biggest number of people, isn't it a way to deny difference?"

There are two faces to this coin. The point you brought is 100% valid. However, the other side of the coin are the members who want their favorites in the Ishop EVEN if they are popular. I guess it all depends on members and their own personal tastes and buying habits but, as far as I am concerned, I just don't see the point of buying a card of a character I barely know.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Sion (L4)James (L1)Nezumi (L3)
    Shirasagi IB (L8)Karasu IB (L8)Cecil (L1)
    Genji (L1)Yue (L9)Fei Long (L10)
    There was a time earlier when cards could run out when the initial stock was bought out, however if I understand things well, the powers that be were *not* happy with the kind of speculation that occurred with cards that were no longer available or running low, and semi-regular restocking was introduced as well as other changes in policy.

They wouldn't want the same phenomenon to occur with "retired" card suddenly acquiring "value" on the basis of being rare / no longer available, I'd think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast