aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

View Poll Results: Would you like a thanks button available in other forums? May choose more than one

Voters
51. This poll is closed
  • One Stop Shop

41 80.39%
  • Contest Section

37 72.55%
  • Other Please explain

7 13.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

I like to believe most ppl on Aarin enjoy/like the rep system.. You are not the first person to mention the system should be done away with.

Now we do have an option to "hide" our reputation. Under "CP --> Edit Options ---> Hi-light box "Hide Reputation" If anyone is interested in hiding the feature.

Come Aarinites VOTE!

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Miki (L3)Heart 1 (Red)Teru (L3)
    DS_001_leftDS_003_(2)topmiddleDS_001_right
    Star 1 (Silver)Love (01)Sumiya (L1)

One of the reasons I closed my shop was because people
    hardly took the time to thank anymore, or they sometimes
    even forgot to pick it up. I think when that when you only have to press
    one button to thank someone it will get even worse. And it's not personal
    at all either, while so much time is spend in making graphics.

However for the contest section it would be very handy I believe,
    some contests are very short and not too complicated so it would
    be a good way to thank someone, as now some people don't even do that.
    On that way the contest host can also thank its participants on a simple and quick way.

Fuji
    I think a sincere, written thank you is worth a thousand times more than rep points or bank points. I've had problems with customers in the past who, after I spend hours translating their request, sent over X amt of points or give a quick rep (standard "thank you" message) without ever taking the time to reply to my PM and talk to me. It shocked me to think that some people think that points or rep can take the place of a written thank you message! I mean, need we forget that these are virtual points and virtual rep? Whereas a sincere thank you message can really brighten someone's day, you know? :/

One of my first customers, and actually the customer who paid me the lowest amount for my translation to date (she wasn't that rich), sent me a 1 page written reply about how much they enjoyed reading the translated story, their feelings and reactions to it, and that they were so happy to have a translation. I have that messaged saved in my inbox. It was great. ^^

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm disappointed reading some of the replies to this thread saying "well if I post a written thank you, it's spam right? A Thanks button is more organized" or "if I run out of rep that day, I can click the "Thanks" button". If you don't want to "spam" the thread, send a PM or VM thanking them. If you run out of rep for this day, wait 24 hours and give a belated rep. Do you really think a +1 inpersonal click of the Thanks button means you can skip on your merry way and not write a thank you or give out appropriate rep? That makes me sad, and I think if the Thanks button is implemented in the One Stop Shop, we'll see a lot more shops close.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234