aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by sawwie-chan View Post
    I've updated the front page with this piece of new development.
    No news on their as yet unpublished licenses though

Fingers cross that they make it to paper ok (am not a fan of digital-only publications!).
    I don't have hope for this new venture because how can you trust people who abandon one company to start a new one that seems identical? There must have been a bad reason as to why the company failed in the first place and now to cover up their mistakes they abandon it to create a "new" company which seems just like the old one. I hope they don't license anything I want to read because I'm sick and tired of publishers who can't perform!

As for digital mangas ... I don't think its a great idea! Just because it works for free scanlation doesn't mean it will work for "real" publishing companies. The reason why it works so great for free scanlation is because it is free and people get to keep the copy, however, if you tell people to pay a few dollars for virtual images with a limited time frame of 48hours and then you have to buy it again? I don't think people would care too much for it.

Netcomics isn't doing so well as you can see the number of books they are printing shrink dramatically to 2 books in almost a year and the number of digital chapters they put out has declined to maybe one chapter every week or biweekly and the worse part is its the dame damn series! So this just shows you the digital concept everyone claims is good isn't really working.

This is all my opinion ... its probably the wrong place to write about but please feel free to delete, mods.
    Last edited by nycmango; 07-31-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Takano (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    You send an e-mail to Miki Ogata who is in charge of Manga Factory. You may ask if the prices are still valid.
    I did last week & there had been no reply I have her e-mail from my last direct purchase from them

@ nycmango
    I think digital manga is not taking off as much yet as not all the tools are available to everyone. Imagine if everyone has Ipad or color Kindle DX where the manga reading experience is maximized. Then I do think more people will gravitate there. Personally, I believe this is a matter of time. During my recent vacation to Europe, I noticed that quite a few airline passengers have e-readers which makes better sense than lugging 20 lbs of books about now that airlines start charging for extra luggage.

This is actually good news for paper book collectors like us To entice hard copies buyers, publishers would print only the best sellers & with good quality. Yes - the prices would be more but then I have always prefer quality to quantity.

Anyway, this is just my two cents

Ruby_Alexandrine
    I'm still not a fan of "digital" manga. Its bad enough that I can't be on my desktop for short periods of time, I can only imagine what the Kindle or IPad will do to my vision.

This is just my opinion. As we know, Aurora Publishing is an American subsidary of Ohzora Publishing in Japan. As far as licensing and business decisions are concerned, it all has to be approved by the parent company Ohzora. I noticed that the LuvLuv line was only limited to publishing josei manga published by Ohzora. Even though I purchase the all of the Luv Luv manga, its not that bad yet there are plenty of good, smutty josei manga out there.

Maybe the former Aurora staff felt too restricted to be a subsidary of a Japanese company. There were probably licenses that they wanted yet were probably rejected by Ohzora. That's just speculation.
    Last edited by Ruby_Alexandrine; 08-04-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

This is kind of silly, but I don't like how the company name includes the word "factory". Like it's a publishing company that will just churn out mass-produced generic crap.

(Not saying they will, but it gives me a bad feeling.)

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

MadaraNatsume (L1)Saga Masamune (L6)
    Ritsu (L6)Morinaga (L9)(S017) Tatsumi Souichi
    (S036) Kaneki KenBlack Cat 1(S027) Usami Akihiko
    i still have Mikako Ogata email, so last week i put in another for more books with the excel sheet i had from the last time. Then this morning i got a invoice for the books, only this time it said the sender was from manga lovers. Should i be worried, since i didnt realize the information on this thread has been changed and Ogata isnt the sender this time?

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposaluvr View Post
    i still have Mikako Ogata email, so last week i put in another for more books with the excel sheet i had from the last time. Then this morning i got a invoice for the books, only this time it said the sender was from manga lovers. Should i be worried, since i didnt realize the information on this thread has been changed and Ogata isnt the sender this time?
    Do you mean Manga Factory? Because if so, then they are still selling Aurora publications for a limited time.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

MadaraNatsume (L1)Saga Masamune (L6)
    Ritsu (L6)Morinaga (L9)(S017) Tatsumi Souichi
    (S036) Kaneki KenBlack Cat 1(S027) Usami Akihiko
    well its said manga lovers on it for some reason or other but i just took the risk and sent it anyway
    also this is a new email i just got from MF regarding new specials
    Holiday Sale

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Roy Mustang (L10)Ryuichi (L10)Wolfram (L10)
    Ban (L10)L (L10)Ranmaru K (L1)
    Cain GC (L1)Riff GC (L1)Axel (L4)

Does anyone know if they are still selling Aurora and Deux publications? .-.''

Kamui and Fuuma hot set by nunuti!!*o*

You know, I've been absent from aarin for quite a while.. I'm trying my best to come back =) I hope we can hang out together again soon!
    Subaru Sumeragi is officially mine and Seishirou's!!! *-*

Complete Thanks and Wishlist^^~
    Wishlist most wanted: Quatre Lv6 Pleaseee *-*

Last received cards:

Timcanpy Mascot -> Thank you ManyVoices-san!
    Roy Mustang Lv10 -> Thank you Rainbow Hearts!
    Inuyasha Lv5 -> Thank you spicymarmalade-san!

Ruby_Alexandrine
    Quote Originally Posted by RanMustang View Post
    Does anyone know if they are still selling Aurora and Deux publications? .-.''
    I haven't heard anything from Manga Factory who stated that they will still sell Aurora/Deux Press/LuvLuv Press catalog for a limited time. You may send them an email to see if they still accept orders.
    hello@mangafactory.net

They haven't set out a new newsletter after announcing their establishment either.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Roy Mustang (L10)Ryuichi (L10)Wolfram (L10)
    Ban (L10)L (L10)Ranmaru K (L1)
    Cain GC (L1)Riff GC (L1)Axel (L4)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexandrine View Post
    I haven't heard anything from Manga Factory who stated that they will still sell Aurora/Deux Press/LuvLuv Press catalog for a limited time. You may send them an email to see if they still accept orders.
    hello@mangafactory.net

They haven't set out a new newsletter after announcing their establishment either.
    Oh, I see.. I'll send them an e-mail to check^^
    I was also wondering if I was the only one that didn't receive any other newsletter from them ''
    thank you so much Ruby! =D

Kamui and Fuuma hot set by nunuti!!*o*

You know, I've been absent from aarin for quite a while.. I'm trying my best to come back =) I hope we can hang out together again soon!
    Subaru Sumeragi is officially mine and Seishirou's!!! *-*

Complete Thanks and Wishlist^^~
    Wishlist most wanted: Quatre Lv6 Pleaseee *-*

Last received cards:

Timcanpy Mascot -> Thank you ManyVoices-san!
    Roy Mustang Lv10 -> Thank you Rainbow Hearts!
    Inuyasha Lv5 -> Thank you spicymarmalade-san!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526