aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Silver Chaos support

---
    Hello people, it has been quite a while .

For those having issues with the patch 1.2 here is a "trick" to make the patch think that v1.2 of silver chaos is installed:
    Create a file c:\SilverChaos\Pack\script001.cmp (c:\SilverChaos is where the game is installed on your computer, obviously change that according to where it's installed).

You can use the notepad or anything(just make sure to select *.* in filetype so it doesn't append .Txt to the filename). The content of the file doesn't matter as long as it's there, it will be overwritten by the patch anyway .

The english patch will think v1.2 is installed and will continue as normal.
    I'm frankly unsure if the patch 1.2 is really needed, I think I discussed it with Twilight when I released and we thought there was no harm in forcing users to install it.
    Apparently there was, sorry about that.
    I'd compile a new version of the patch but I have no idea where the source is, and I think I used it as the base for my Eternal Fantasia patch(oops).

I'd also like to apologize to all those who offered proofed files, I had no time(and still don't) to organize all this, once again I'm sorry .

Also for those having issues with the video I updated the link with what I think is an appropriate codec, please post a comment if it fixes the issue(or doesn't).

---
    Patch 1.0 of SilverChaos is out!

The biggest news is that it doesn't require you to set japanese as your default system language. It also has improved font size, advanced options translated etc.
    It should be the final patch until some people volunteer to proofread the translation.

If you still encounter problems with patch 1.0 please post them here(please specify your os(xp,vista,98-me?)).

There is also a patch for Silver Chaos Eternal Fantasia(the "addon") if you finished the game .

------
    Some additional support:
    ------

*Your game crashes before playing the video and the last text you see is "The benevolent king, his Majesty Sergei Claudius, etc..."
    -You're missing a video codec, install this: Free-Codecs.com : Download Ligos Indeo Codec 5.11 : Video codecs originally developed by Intel, but later taken over by Ligos (thanks to wohdin who found this and KurobaX for pming me about it).(This should work on xp&vista).
    -If the previous solution doesn't work you can move/delete your open.avi in your installation directory(for example c:\blgames\vividcolor\silverchaos\open.avi), it will fix the problem(though you won't be able to see the video).

*Your game crashes after playing the video and the last text you see is "Well here's tomorrow's lesson. etc"
    -Make sure you have used ENGLISH patch v1.0( http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f156/t...ml#post1158843 )

*You are on win98se and/or the last text you see is "But, that moment Adonis' thought was cut etc".
    -You may have faulty ogg codecs, try downloading and installing these:
    http://www.illiminable.com/ogg/oggcodecs_0.71.0946.exe

*You don't know what to do with the rar file:
    -It's a compressed archive, you need to download winrar( WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files ) to extract the files inside.
    Last edited by LostUno; 04-14-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Yoruichi (cat)Kakashi (L10)Ban (L10)
    Ginji (L9)Revy (L10)Nakajima (L9)
    Rukia (L10)Hei (L7)Saionji (L5)

I'm having a problem with the whole thing and I thought I'd better post here before I hurt myself banging my head against the wall.

Okay, I downloaded the game, the upgrade, and the patch. I installed the game (the full version of 600 mb). My problem is the upgrade. I double click it, and it extracts some files but I get a message in Japanese saying it wasn't able to install. Also, when I try to play the game, I'm asked to put in a CD, even though I installed the full 600 mb version.

On another note, how do we post the proofread translations? Just post the full text here?

Thanks to everyone for your help...I'm glad I broke down and asked for it; I was just getting way too frustrated

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hmm could you take a screenshot of the messagebox with the error?
    And please give some details, do you have japanese support installed?
    What os are you running?
    As far as i know the patch installs fine on a non-japanese-locale xp so i don't know what would be the problem(if japanese language is not installed please install it, without making it the default).

----

For the game asking for a CD:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t5...ml#post1163787

----

As for the proofreading, put the texts proofread into a zip and upload them on a hosting service(www.megaupload.com , www.sendspace.com , etc) and post the link here thank you .
    Last edited by LostUno; 11-14-2007 at 12:18 AM.

luka
    thank you so much for the english patch for silver chaos!!!!
    It's really wonderful how i can understand what their saying now ^^
    and i'm very much excited in what's to come ^____________^
    also, i'm interested in proofreading, it's just that I don't know exactly what a proofreader does...is it like being a beta for a fanfic like checking grammars and stuff?
    again, thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@Luka:
    Thank you for your support .

Well proofreading is a bit more than checking grammar, if you think a sentence is strange you can rewrite it to make it sound more natural(without changing the sense of course :o). Of course checking for grammar and typo errors is a good idea too.

If you feel like doing it there is no need to proofread the whole thing, just proofreading one or a few of the txts included would be nice.

lorrainekristine
    Hello. I am interested in proofreading the translations of this game.

May I know how many days you would expect the proofread translation?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh we're not in a hurry .
    Just post your proofread version here whenever you think you're done.
    Oh and i forgot, post the name name/nick under which you want to be greeted in the final patch.
    I think i will make a final version of the patch once all the texts have been proofread so it could be in a while .

---
    One more things for proofreaders(although it's written in the readme i will put it here just in case):
    Please don't separate a line of text into 2 lines, one line of text should be kept as one line of text(this is because we replace one line of japanese by one line of english automatically with an automated program).
    You can add empty lines though if you feel like it .
    ---

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Yoruichi (cat)Kakashi (L10)Ban (L10)
    Ginji (L9)Revy (L10)Nakajima (L9)
    Rukia (L10)Hei (L7)Saionji (L5)

Hello LostUno,

I tried various things to make the program work, but I'm just going to put it on hold for now I'm having a computer geek friend come and take a look at it soon though; I'll let you know if he succeeds.

Here's the first proofread text file though (base- 1 -trad) (I can actually follow the story quite nicely by just proofreading, heh.) It's actually quite fun; I'll do more this upcoming weekend.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dzpdjygomzg
    Last edited by AlishaCatherine; 11-15-2007 at 06:59 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@AlishaCatherine:
    Sorry i wasn't able figure out what was wrong.

Thanks a lot for the proofreading though .

Although base-1-trad.txt is linear(it follows the story), some other files aren't, they sometimes contain the text for the 2 choices made in the script(you will see what i mean when you get there), sorry about that .

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ranmaru Y (L1)Yukito (L1)
    i'd like to help with the proof reading ^.^ j!!! thanks so much for the release without we would still have no means of understanding everything in silver chaos ARIGETOU

p.s. does anyone know how to get the Ragsiel ending ?? thats the only one i cant get >.< i got the one with him with no action between them just teasing but i cant get the other ending for it any help is appriciated ^>^
    Last edited by yaoixlover; 11-17-2007 at 03:32 PM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast