aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Kyouya (L3)Izumi (L3)Youji (L9)
    Kaname (L1)Germany (L1)America (L5)
    Byakuya (L7)Haruhiko Usami (L7)Akira TnC (L9)

Question why are people that I know....getting banned??

ok....who can answer this one....???

**(I should probably clarify first.....I have no idea if the people were banned)**

two users (one a friend)* posted onto my main page ....but now I've noticed that something has happened.... I don't know if they were deleted or banned......or what........but I can't go to either page ...(like it was deleted)......

maybe someone can clarify what has happened?

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by newage19; 03-14-2009 at 04:20 AM.

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

If you can't access their profile page it means their account has been deleted. You can still access the profile pages of banned members, so they haven't been banned.

Members now have the option of deleting their own accounts, so it's possible that's what happened.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

It's just very odd that the two "incidences" happened within a few weeks of each other ....

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... Don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Garrus Vakarian (L10)(Event) Forum - Levi(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Riku (L8)Cid Raines (L8)(S051) Luciel

Coincidences will happen.
    It might seem odd to you because two of the people you talked to suddenly disappeared, but people do want to delete their accounts sometimes. It's probably best not to jump to conclusions.

I had a look at your profile to see who it was. There's a thread I remember seeing where it's confirmed that one of the people who posted in your profile deleted the account by own choice. No moderator or admin had anything to do with it.

There is quite a big difference between being banned and having your account deleted. I've read that some accounts that have had no activity for a long time (a year?) might be deleted to clear up space, but I believe it's been a long time since such a cleanup was done.

If a member has broken rules (severe or repeated rule-breaking) he/she might be banned, but the account will still be there, though the member will be marked as banned.

The only reasons I've seen for an account being deleted is if the member has requested it him/herself.

Now we can delete own account ourselves, and don't have to ask an administrator for help, so unless they (the admins) get a notification when an account has been deleted they might not even know it has happened. (It's a big forum with a thousands of members, so it's a lot to keep track of for them.)

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Thanks, for taking the time to answer my question.

Yaoi Veteran

Savings

Harada (L1)Tetsunosuke (L6)Alois (L6)
    Ginko (L6)Ritsu (L6)(S026) Kei Yamashiro
    Belphegor (L6)Chibitalia (L4)Yoshida (L6)
    I will post my question here since it's kinda related but I always wondered if the members who get banned are given a notice ( for example a warning to change their behaviour) before they are banned?

Feral Faerie of Fiction

Tracking catboys, for photography purposes only... You believe me. Right?
    Savings

Chopin (L9)Cloud (L9)Chaos (L10)
    Noel (L10)Squall (L10)Sephiroth (L8)
    Caius Ballad (L10)Nanaki (Red XIII) (L10)Saix (L7)

Quote Originally Posted by Fey801 View Post
    I will post my question here since it's kinda related but I always wondered if the members who get banned are given a notice ( for example a warning to change their behaviour) before they are banned?
    It depends on the behavior. For example, underage users are not warned before they are banned. There is a warning/infraction system that informs user of inappropriate behavior.