aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extreme Yaoi Guru

The abyss after everything, please join me...
    Savings

Shino (L3)Male 1 (Blue)Kiba (L5)
    Spacer 1Loid Forger (L9)Anya Forger (L7)
    Yor Forger (L9)Rick Grimes (L9)Daryl Dixon (L9)

Talking How To Decorate Your Profile

I talk too much hope I dont confuse you. I know it seems like a lot best way is just play around with fonts a little then you will see it start to make sence. I will be back to edit this later I just had so many friends ask how to do so I set this up so here now something for everyone. I hope it helps.

1st) On your profile page, over top of the mess section where a vistor would type a mess for you to the right you should see the words "Customize Profile" 'click' it will take you to the Control Panel

2nd) Way is goto upper left corner of your profile page at anytime (the tool bar at top) "User CP" that will bring you to the page you can check for update to subscribe threads and ... oh well on this page on the far left there is a list of profile options choose 'Customize Profile"

So now here is how you can change Back Ground=BG

There are 9 sections each with an option to change font color, BG color, or BG image I will point out 2 sections because it took me hours/days to figure it out.

They are not numbered but 'named' as follows * *MAIN, BLOCK BORDERS, MAJOR BLOCK HEADERS, MINOR BLOCK HEADERS, BLOCK HEADERS, BLOCK FOOTERS, *PRIMARY CONTENT, SECONDARY CONTENT, CONTROLS

Section 1 MAIN~ This is the main BG image so any pic you link in this section will be "wallpaper" on your page. 'CLICK' Preview a box will open showing a mini version of section (If you look closely you see the words in the "mini" version"MAIN" ) this will be the case for evey section i listed above the "mini" version will show you a preview of the section [in the mini view look for the words of the section] that will be changed. Try playing with it, if you get stump PM me I'll try to help but remember no changes are set till you SAVE THE CHANGES after adjusting. When I save I just look at my profile to see how it looks the 'mini' version is not good enough for me to see the change.

6 "PRIMARY CONTENT" This is where mess show up on your profile so pic you add here are very a nice welcome to vistors.

All your profile pic must come from your photo album, what i did (there is a way to set a profile album you just need to name it that when your first create it) but for easy way just open a pic from your album and Right Click the Url (http) link and copy. Next go back to CP customize and enter image you want in the link spot url...

Feel free to stop by my page if you need any additonal help
    Last edited by CrisNoWait; 07-12-2008 at 03:29 AM.

2. + Show/Hide thank you list

Yaoi Expert

Savings

Todoroki Shouto (L3)Midoriya Izuku (L3)Bakugou (L3)
    Hinata Shōyō (L9)Kuroo Tetsurou (L9)Kenma Kozume (L9)
    Zoro (L9)Sanji (L9)Sabo (L5)

For anyone who thinks that the colours available in the customize profile section are limited but don't know how to get more colours, there are various HTML colour charts you can use which offer a wider range of shades and their colour codes. Just type in the colour code (starting with "#") into the boxes instead of choosing from the list which comes up when you click on the little colour rectangle beside all the options asking for colour.

HTML Colour Codes

HTML Colour Chart

You can also use these colours for font colour on the forum.
    Last edited by shattered; 06-08-2008 at 08:17 PM.

4. + Show/Hide thank you list

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Help it's dark and scary and I can hear laughing.
    Savings

Gaara Kazekage (L10)Gaara (L3)Castor (L3)
    Grell (L5)G (L9)Pain (L10)
    ApoHinata Shouyou (L5)Hamlet

*bangs head* For some reason I can't get the wallpaper on my profile. When I put the url of the pic I want into the background image box of the main section I get this: Main has invalid properties: Background Image
    That happens for every box I put the url into. I'm using a pic from my album so I don't know why it's doing this. Could someone please help me?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by shisuta View Post
    *bangs head* For some reason I can't get the wallpaper on my profile. When I put the url of the pic I want into the background image box of the main section I get this: Main has invalid properties: Background Image
    That happens for every box I put the url into. I'm using a pic from my album so I don't know why it's doing this. Could someone please help me?
    i'm sorry its still not working. You are using the http://<--- right? Other than that make certain image is not too large, and that *it is in your Profile Album* i've had pic not work to, esp if it has a gif. in it. check the properties by right clicking image goto properties click that it will show size of image (but i doubt thats the reason) Then test how you're doing it by copy /save my bg image, upload it to you *Profile Album*<---- if you look @ mine you will see its got that *title* make certain your images are in that albulm. (just to be sure thats not the reason its not working) let me know. If you can use my bg for your board. *if it works its your image thats the problem*

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Gyousou (L1)Count D (L3)Ruruka (L4)
    Taiki (L2)Leon (L4)(S032) Ruruka
    Isshin (L5)Chihaya (L1)Ace (young) (L1)

Question!

This is a pic of my profile below. See the grey text I've circled? I can't get it to change colour anywhere. I've tried what I thought was every single text colour setting but it's still grey! Does anyone know the setting to change it?

profile.jpg
    Last edited by Moon-Angelica; 05-26-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Riku (L8)(S009) HaviYoite (L2)
    Sora (L6)(S005) ValdrigueMiharu (L5)
    (S002) MisakiNeuro Nougami (L7)Sephiroth (L8)

Thanks for posting this. Now I know how to use it.

But I had a question about seeing other people's profiles. I noticed Moon-Angelica put up a picture of her profile, but when I visit, I can't see the changed background or text. It's the same for everyone else's profile I visit. Is there some option you have to check in the Control Panel to see them? I looked but can't find it. ^^;;

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Go to your Control Panel => Edit Options, then at the very bottom where it says "Miscellaneous Options," scroll down to "Show User Customizations" and make sure the box is checked. I hope that's what you meant. ^^;

Total Yaoi Freak
    Savings

Gyousou (L1)Count D (L3)Ruruka (L4)
    Taiki (L2)Leon (L4)(S032) Ruruka
    Isshin (L5)Chihaya (L1)Ace (young) (L1)

Actually you can, I found it sometime after I asked ^^

The setting you need to change is the 'Shaded Text' setting in the first set of controls ^^

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by LynnCandy View Post
    If you don't mind me asking...errr.... where do you get the really nice profile layouts from???
    I'm sorry here is a link to some nice wallpapers. really nice wallies

The actual image go in your profile edit section marked with http:// You up load an album and click the link that makes *it* (that album) your profile album. You can name any album your profile album. When you edit your profile, the pictures in the *profile* album will be available for you to choose.

Does that answer your question?

Virgil
    Ok, i've been a member for only like a full day and a half now, no matter where i look in my options or anything, i don't see where i can edit my mood, mine is simply blank, i see lots of people with it set to something cute or witty, but no matter how hard i look, i can't see where to change it...... any help???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast