aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Cid Raines (L8)Kusuriuri (L10)Rufus (L7)
    Lightning (L8)Hope (L8)Angeal (L6)
    Balthier (L6)Bartz (L1)Squall (L6)

Uhm, I noticed that as well. Giving thanks = giving rep, but giving rep is not giving thanks. When I thank people a lot, I can't rep. On the other hand, when I have repped people too often, I still can give thanks.
    So e.g. I rep five different people, I still am able to push the thank-button as often as I want. But when I thank people a lot (like I'm looking for different manga series - that's when it happens a lot to me), after a certain amount of thanks I can't rep anymore, even if I repped someone like 3 days ago.

Too_troublesome
    Quote Originally Posted by szto View Post
    You can thank a person as much as you want, but you can only rep the same person after giving out rep to 5 others.

This is the relevant part in Dai's post:

What I don't get from your post is that according to your description, you thank people for downloads, and then you aren't able to rep others in the fanfic section. The two things shouldn't affect each other that way. Thanks are endless, but reps per day are limited to a maximum of 10. If there's a user you can't rep, even though you haven't repped them before, you should contact a staff member.

To answer your question though, there's no "count down" for when you can rep the same person again. So if you don't keep score with the reps you give, you'll just have to try till you can rep the same person again ^^;
    I know about the limit of 10 and the spacing of 5. What I've run into is that I will not have given out 10 but I have given some and then I get the message that I've given too much and the only other thing I had done is given thanks. So my assuption was that the thanks somehow limited my ability to give a rep. My question was not if there is a countdown to give a rep to the same person again as I know I have to rep 5 others first. My question was is there a way to know when my "24 hours" as refernced in the message "You have given out too much reputation in the past 24 hours, try again later" will expire so I am free to rep again. As stated previously, my guess is the answer is no, but I just wanted to be sure I was not missing some option.

I hope I was able to clarify my question better now

szto
    @Gnarf: Apparently, thanks do affect repping in some way... If you thank a user you won't be able to rep them immediately afterwards. You can get around this problem by repping them first, and do as much thanking as you want afterwards.

@Too_troublesome: Yeah, you were right. There's no telling when 24 hours expire.

Busy Body

Savings

Rin (L9)Yukio (L9)Daisuke (L10)
    Allen (L1)

I'll see if I can make an option where only good rep users are shown. Can't guarantee tho

Regarding other comments, ill deal with them when I have time.
    Last edited by Dai-kun; 02-27-2007 at 08:39 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

what does the DELETE link by the given reps do? i'm kinda afraid to click it

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Cid Raines (L8)Kusuriuri (L10)Rufus (L7)
    Lightning (L8)Hope (L8)Angeal (L6)
    Balthier (L6)Bartz (L1)Squall (L6)

Quote Originally Posted by suhi View Post
    what does the DELETE link by the given reps do? i'm kinda afraid to click it
    I saw that as well. I think, it just appears, if you click your user cp during the same minute you posted the rep. It should be the same feature like editing your post in the same minute you posted - then the "edited on 03.02.07" doesn't appear.
    I clicked the "delete"-link and it deleted the rep, so that should be it ^^;

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

We can't remove negative/bad reps if people give them to you.

It's a bit lame and unfortunate if the reason the someone would do it is simply out of spite - we would hope that the members of this community are a tad more mature than that.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wolfram (L1)Yuuri (L6)Tsuzuki (L8)
    Wolfram (L8)Hisoka (L4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    We can't remove negative/bad reps if people give them to you.

It's a bit lame and unfortunate if the reason the someone would do it is simply out of spite - we would hope that the members of this community are a tad more mature than that.

Thank you for the help in anycase, my god I'm really surprised is it possible for you to check who gave the bad rep? Because it doesn't say who gave it to me.

Again, thank you!

Nether Horizon

Savings

Luffy (L10)(Event) Forum - LawZoro (L10)
    DalekNaruto Sage (L10)TARDIS
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(S061) Setagawa Masahiro(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba

No, because that would only incite people to retaliate. The best thing to do is move on. It's only 1 negative rep - and you have way more positive reps. So, clearly it's not a reflection on you as a person. Not everyone you encounter will give you a positive rep. There's no point in dwelling on it.

(If you have anything else to say about this, just pm me because your question has been answered and this thread needs to stay on topic, ok? )
    Last edited by Miko; 03-19-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Wolfram (L1)Yuuri (L6)Tsuzuki (L8)
    Wolfram (L8)Hisoka (L4)
    Ok it doesn't matter in anycase, I was just curious.

Thank you for the explanation^^

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast