aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Aarin - Busy

Savings

Spacer 1(S034) AsamiSpacer 1
    Spacer 1Heart 6 (Devil)Spacer 1

Exclamation Change on Bank Interest Savings system

Dear forumers, effective from 1st March 2010, all forumer's Savings account will be capped at 50m. Each Monday, the system will transfer every accumulated Savings into Checkings, and will only leave 50m in your Savings. All other balance will be sent back in your Checkings.

Currently, anyone who has more than 50m in their Savings will have those balance transferred to their Checkings this coming Monday. In other words, it will leave your Savings at 50m and all your other points will be in your Checkings.

Each day you will still gain 1% from your total accumulated Savings. So if you have 50m in your Savings, and you accumulate about 0.5m points everyday for interest rates each week.

This action has to be taken in order to curb the rising inflation in the forum. For those who have been having Savings of over 50m or more, you have enjoyed a period of VERY high interest gained each day, so I guess that's enough already. If things go on as it is, even your own points value will go down one day anyway. So please understand this matter for those who have very high Savings in your account. I am sorry to say there is no negotiation for this and complaints because of gaining lesser interest rates now compared to your usual gain will not be entertained. You all have enjoyed and gained a lot over the time, and change is needed to keep things under control.

This will affect all forumers in the forum including Regular Forumers, Donors/Contributors and VIPs. Obviously, staff member will not be affected because they give points to forumers.

It will be each Monday (+8 GMT)

EDIT: We will not be changing the current 1m max limit to be stored into your Savings. This is to encourage new members to earn points.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    QUESTION: Correct me if I'm wrong, but all this change means is that daily interest will ultimately be capped at 500,000, right?

So once I reach 50 million, I will earn 500,000 points a day, and no more, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferus37 View Post
    ANSWER: That pretty much sums it up, yes.
    No one will have more than 50 million in the savings account. That means that, providing they have the full 50 million in the bank, everyone with 50 million or more points will get 500000 in interest a day no matter how far above 50 million they are in total points.

However, from what I gathered the amount in your savings will be reset to 50 million points once a week, on Monday I think it was. During the week the points will accumulate in your savings, and then be reset once Monday hits again. What I mean by reset is that the points that are over a clean 50 million will be automatically transferred from your savings to your checkings. The points aren't removed, just moved.

If you get interest for 7 days that will leave you with about 3600000 that will be moved from your savings to checkings every week if you have the full 50 million in it at the start of the week. Seeing as the points accumulate for a week you get a little bonus of about 100000 in interest because the transfer isn't done once a day. Providing my math is right that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by kurorinslvr View Post
    QUESTION: oh..i always thought that when the 1m reach in the savings account one don't get interest so i have been transfers from saving to checking before it reaches the 1m, ^-^",
    So i can keep 1m in the savings right?..
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidgirlang View Post
    ANSWER: Yes, you are able to keep 1 milion in your saving accounts and still get the daily interest.
    I will always advise members to use the search function in the forum to search for issues that they are unsure of.

There are a few threads in the forum that explain the interest

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...-the-bank.html

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f30/t1...s-1-000-a.html

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f134/t...-question.html
    Last edited by aarinfantasy; 02-27-2010 at 10:01 PM.

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Cid Raines (L8)Yuj (L7)Kratos (L1)

It had to come just when I've squandered a boatload of points.

I'm just joking. I think it's a good change, even though the ridiculous interest I've been getting lately has been heaps of fun. But yes, it has been ridiculous, and was only serving to increase the difference between the richer and poorer members. And I don't think anyone can honestly say they need more than half a million points of interest a day.

I just want to ask something: Will the transfer from savings to checkings be completely automatic? If so, will that include the first transfer on March 1st? I just want to make completely sure, so I don't risk losing any points.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Thanks Ferus for your understanding~ I heard the points from savings accumulation had indeed been "ridiculous" as you said... we even got complains from people with HIGH points themselves, not the low points people.

The system is automatic overall, but it needs to be clicked by me on each Monday.
    Do not worry, the system is set to -Savings and +Checkings the very same amount at the very same time, so there is no room to lose points. Or if it's more settling for all minds, I will turn off Bank Savings transfers when I do that so anyone won't be able to transfer at the same time it's running. It may take 30mins this Monday, and after that I think it will take way lesser than that.

Fuzzy Pink Fluff Thing

Wherever Vincent is... don't tell Sephiroth. He'll kill me for stalking his boyfriend.
    Savings

Vincent (L8)Sephiroth (L8)Chaos (L10)
    Cid Raines (L8)Yuj (L7)Kratos (L1)

Thank you! I just needed to make sure whether or not it was something I needed to do myself. I would have hated to muck it up and lose 126 million.

Aarin - Busy

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Ferus37 View Post
    Thank you! I just needed to make sure whether or not it was something I needed to do myself. I would have hated to muck it up and lose 126 million.
    No problem~ That means your 126m will be in your Checkings instead of Savings only.

To everyone:
    Do inform your friends about this especially those who have high savings or points.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Squall (L10)Heart 1 (Blue)Zell (L10)
    Ichigo (Vizard) (L10)Pray for JapanRukia (L10)

I am in agreement with this as well. It was getting embarassing the way the points were building up. Glad to see something will be done about it Aarin.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L9)Heart 2 (Red)Akihito (L9)
    Kaede Sumizome (L8)Heart 2 (Red)Rintarou Noe (L8)

I'm sorry but I don't agree with! I worked hard for those, and with the prices on custom cards so high its even more difficult! If people that have that much points complain about it they should just donate them back to the system or keep in their savings 1 million if they don't want that much interest!

I know that whatever I say will not be heard, but can at least the limit be 100million?!

It's totally unfair for us that resort on the interest to make cards or give cards away to be taken like that for the sole reason that some people have too much points and don't know what to do with them.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Tanuma (L10)Natsume (L10)Heart 5 (Red)
    Heart 5 (Red)Rei Ryugazaki (L6)Rin Matsuoka (L4)

Aww, yeah tina I'm not too happy about it either I respect Aarin's decision though; just means I will have to be more careful and not make so many cards ^^ Have to be careful about buying Lv. 10 cards, too O.O

I think it's probably a relief for those who are pushing a billion points, and it seems more fair to those with less than a few million, but for those of us in between, it just feels a little frustrating!

BUT I know Aarin, you and your staff always try to do what's best for the community as a whole, and you CAN'T please everyone I really appreciate the way you're constantly trying to meet everyone needs and requests and make this a better place to hang out at

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Asami (L9)Heart 2 (Red)Akihito (L9)
    Kaede Sumizome (L8)Heart 2 (Red)Rintarou Noe (L8)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Moonsong View Post
    Have to be careful about buying Lv. 10 cards, too O.O
    Exactly that! I don't want to be careful in buying cards! And as I said those that pushed a billion, could easily take all their points out of the bank! They could have done it when it was at 300million! There were solutions before it came to this!

EDIT: Those that have 200-300 million and more what effect would that have? Yeah their interest won't be 2-3 million a day but the points will still be high! I won't even go to the billions! Either way it'll be more fair for that change in the bank to happen from 100million and more
    Last edited by tina21; 02-27-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Aladdin (L6)Imagase (L8)Alibaba (L6)
    Shirasagi IB (L8)Kyouichi (L8)Sora KH (L8)

It's never really bothered me that people got high interest because they earned it, but i can see the merit in a cap somewhere. I agree with tina that 50 million seems low when card making is so expensive, but the one thing I really don't agree with is being able to put more than 1 million into your account instead of letting it work its way through interest.

There are people here who work hard for their points and there are those that just receive high point gifts from generous members. While I don't begrudge them their gifts, it does irk me if they get a double gift by earning interest off these gifts as well.
    That totally negates any effort someone has put in who happens to be in the in between area like me.

I'd much rather continue to just receive my regular interest and continue to work for my points than be able to beg points off rich folks and receive instant 500,000 points interest daily. I really don't see anything wrong with new members putting in some effort like everyone before them had to.

Really, the new members already have afg to make their dreams come true, making them instant millionaires able to draw interest off it hardly seems fair.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast