PDA

View Full Version : google chrome reporting Games sub-forum "games" as " malicious site"

lemur7
11-26-2016, 04:53 PM
google chrome reporting Games sub-forum "games" as " malicious site"
not really a bug ...I just encountered this November 26 at 6:05pm EDST...( my provider is Canadian)....I was using google chrome browser...

I was browsing to check on my thread in games ...to see if there were any problems with the downloading of my files
but was redirected by google to it's Malware-Unsafe Site page warning.....just thought I'd let you know about it...

if this is in the wrong place please move it to the correct area..thank-you ....

darkfaith
11-27-2016, 06:52 PM
I can confirm the warning. I use Mozilla, and upon trying to go to the Game downloads section-> Games, I got a warning about a Deceptive site, on my Mozilla. Also Avast (my antivirus) gave me a warning. (I didn't check the message on the Antivirus unfortunately)

I don't know if it's related but I got a similar warning while trying to access Manga download section: Forum -> Download Central (YAOI/BL) -> Manga Downloads -> Manga -> A,B,C
Here is a pic, if it's helpful: http://i.imgur.com/biLFjtt.jpg

lemur7
11-27-2016, 09:18 PM
I came back to say using Tor browser I did not encounter any problems....my original warning also included both the malicious site and the same one as darkfaith ....these warnings hopefully will clear up soon...

Twinstar
11-27-2016, 09:59 PM
There is another one too that was reported to me and I told aarin about it. She reported it as a safe site and I did too but it is still coming up with the "Deceptive site" message. She said if more report the site safe when you see that message, maybe it will go away. Not sure if there is something else that can be done right now. You can report it safe here https://safebrowsing.google.com/safebrowsing/report_error/?tpl=mozilla&hl=en. Just put in the url of the page with the message coming up.
This is the other part of the forum with the message http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f64/.
I did send aarin a message about this too though so she knows it's not just one page.

aarinfantasy
11-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Noted about this and I've informed Dai-kun too. May have to contact the server host too.

lemur7
11-27-2016, 11:09 PM
I reported every mentioned url as "safe" ....and told them to check their detection software.....
hopefully this will help you out...

Kojichan
11-28-2016, 09:06 AM
I think it partially has to do with some of the redirection URL's/file hosting sites people are using for their downloads.

I tried downloading a manga last week, and I ended up on a redirect site (Not like Adfly, but similar) that led to a rather fishy looking file hosting service, and there were literally 10 popups that appeared of dubious content.

no297
11-29-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm also getting "Deceptive site" warnings on manga and novel threads (Download Central threads) both on Google Chrome and Firefox. It seems topics that don't have download links do not receive this warning.

Hibine
11-30-2016, 05:09 PM
I keep getting the warning in "Yaoi Mania -> Manga Haven -> Ten Count" thread. I think it showed somewhere else too and I was wondering what's the problem, as well.