PDA

View Full Version : "are you sure you want to leave this page?" Message...

Twinstar
04-17-2015, 10:14 AM
so for a few days now I am getting the annoying message "are you sure you want to leave this page?" when I want to post anything. I was especially annoying when I just tried to win a set in an auction and almost every single time that message would pop up. I haven't seen this issue in a long time but I do remember it happening before.

I did google this and there is a way to disable the message, but I don't want to disable my Java. This is the only site that is giving me the issue....

I have Windows 7 and yes, using firefox...I know firefox has issues with the forum but I don't usually have this issue with it.

I have too many problems with Chrome to start using that.

any one else getting this issue lately?

laketica
04-18-2015, 05:19 AM
You mean the message that pops up whenever you have typed part of a message in a reply box and try to leave the page? Hmm... Maybe try clearing the aarinfantasy cookies for your browser? I remember that's what had to be done for that text box size issue ><

lynixe
04-18-2015, 10:13 AM
try clearing ur cache and history

but that only happens when u type something in the post box but decided not to post and leave the page right? at least, that is what happened to me and it is for everytime

Twinstar
04-18-2015, 12:22 PM
It's not when I try to leave the page. It happens when I just type in what I want to post and then try to post it. I can try to clear the cache but I did just reformat my computer a couple weeks ago so there won't be much to clear. I never had the problem until just a couple days ago.

lateChoco
04-24-2015, 03:50 AM
Hmm... you can try type about:config in firefox address bar
http://i.imgur.com/md98ISI.png
and search for "dom.disable_beforeunload" and toggle it (right click>toggle) to be true, that way the popup wouldn't appear anymore, and javascript will still be enabled.

Twinstar
05-10-2015, 02:11 AM
I didn't try to disable anything yet because I even get this issue while using my phone (which is not using firefox). I was only trying to reply to a thread.
So to sum it up, it is not an issue with a certain browser or my computer.

laketica
05-10-2015, 09:59 AM
dun dun dun. Sounds like it's time for Twinstar2 account... :lol: jk - but if it's not the browser or computer............. it must be... the account? :huh: Right?

Twinstar
05-10-2015, 07:52 PM
I would hope not. But there are others having the same issue so not sure. I really don't want to make a 3rd account again...