PDA

View Full Version : Line breaks after a mention

laketica
02-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Missing line breaks after a mention
This is probably the most insignificant bug ever... but I've noticed that my paragraph breaks are missing sometimes. At first I thought this was linked to onion heads, but then I realized through testing, that it's when a paragraph starts with a mention. An example of a post I tested was here (http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f18/t178007-ohaf-chat-thread-iii-p76.html#post4198645).

I tried ending paragraphs with onion head, normal smiley, and text. Didn't affect anything.

Then I posted again testing mentions... I had put line breaks between every single one of those lines:

*peers at her post*

OK let's test again

mentioned Loveless

mentioned Schneider.

However, the line break between "let's test again" and my Loveless mention was removed... and I believe it's due to the paragraph starting with a mention.

See, told you it was insignificant. XD But when I go back and edit it and put in that line break, it stays. :shy: Anyone else?

Schneider
02-12-2014, 09:15 AM
This is not a bug but something that happens with most preview based editors. Usually when the problem happens, I've seen that the line break is inside a particular bbcode, that's why it gets removed as soon as you post. But when you re-edit and insert a line break, it is inserted AFTER the bbcode close command so it stays. Basically, this problem should likely not happen in source mode, it happens only in WYSIWYG mode since this one display the text in preview and user isn't aware where BBcodes are ending or starting so sometimes it screws things up. -As far as I know- it's not a bug because I've exprerienced it pretty much everywhere with similar edit forms, but if Dai-kun thinks it is, then it might be.

laketica
02-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Hm... I understand what you're saying, but I've been doing mentions for years and this is something that only started happening recently, so I'm not sure why the BBcode would have the line break inside/remove previous line breaks now. I did not test whether or not it happens if I actually type out the "[ mention ]" BBcode but I have this inkling feeling that it won't happen if I actually type out the BBcode for the same reason you stated above... will have to test it out.

Twinstar
04-19-2015, 11:52 AM
Ok so I am getting this issue recently (like a couple to a few days ago it started) and I am using the "standard editor". I haven't switched my editor for a very long time or any other settings. It was working fine for a long time and I remember I switched to the standard editor because of this issue (and others)....