PDA

View Full Version : False 'dead link' in my sig...please help?

gollumsfriend
12-31-2013, 02:24 AM
EDIT: Problem fixed, thank you!
I've had links to my thanks and wishes list, graphics cave and occasional auctions in my sig area forever, so I know how to do them. I don't think that's the problem.

My "Thanks and Wishes" link works. My "Graphics Cave" link works. My current auction link is working. The problem is my sig link called "the 'Gollum Needs New Stuff' Begging Thread" which is a link to this thread in the Request section:

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f257/t177314-'gollum-needs-new-stuff'.html#post4175802

It keeps directing me (and at least one other member) to the AF/Junjou Romantica "Your Page Does Not Exist" page. So I redo the link. I check it and it works. Five minutes later I check it and it's a dead link again.

Are we not able or allowed to post links to the Request section or is there a problem going on that I'm unaware of? :huh:

AlexiaLee
12-31-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi!

There's a problem with the txt editor in general, it's not an issue with the rules whatsoever.

To solve the problem with the link in your signature, you can edit the title of your request thread and quit both single quotation marks ('). If it doesn't work please post again here and I'll check again what can we do ^^

gollumsfriend
01-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Okay, I changed the title of thread and got rid of the single quotation marks, then put the new link in my sig. It works right now - I'll check it again tomorrow and if it's still working then I know it's all fixed and you can close/lock this thread if you want.

[-]So I'll update soon ~ thanks![/-]

EDIT: I've checked the link 4 times tonight since chaning the title and it's still working - I'm already convinced the problem has been fixed for good - thank you again! :hug:

AlexiaLee
01-01-2014, 07:43 PM
You're welcome, I'm glad to read it worked out ^^