PDA

View Full Version : Profile - Content border

UllaBritta
12-26-2013, 09:21 AM
My content border is set to Transparent and works only sometimes for some reasons. The borders on the left side still appear even though they should be transparent.
What I aim for:
http://imageshack.us/a/img36/8346/pzz5.JPG
What happens:
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/8009/o3ka.jpg

The borders appear (after saving of course) when refreshing the page. How do I get them to stay transparent?

AlexiaLee
12-26-2013, 02:20 PM
I've already addresed this problem before but somehow I can't find it :-k

Anyway, this border is setting by default to the forum skin. If you use a light theme (Breeze Blue, Guilty Green, Rosy Red, Patient Purple) it will be white but if you choose a dark theme it will change according to the theme, i.e.

Bleak Black -> black
Benevolent Blue -> dark blue
Ravenous Red ->dark red
Passionate Purple -> purple

So, I don't think this can be changed at the moment but it will be good to keep it in mind for future forum upgrades ^^

UllaBritta
12-26-2013, 05:57 PM
I've already addresed this problem before but somehow I can't find it :-k

Anyway, this border is setting by default to the forum skin. If you use a light theme (Breeze Blue, Guilty Green, Rosy Red, Patient Purple) it will be white but if you choose a dark theme it will change according to the theme, i.e.

Bleak Black -> black
Benevolent Blue -> dark blue
Ravenous Red ->dark red
Passionate Purple -> purple

So, I don't think this can be changed at the moment but it will be good to keep it in mind for future forum upgrades ^^

Ah, that explains it. Thank you!!

UllaBritta
01-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Bumpin this up for Dai-kun

celtic7irish
01-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Hmm....I get that when I use the Internet Explorer browser. I don't get it when I use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Maybe it's a compatibility issue?

Dai-kun
01-15-2014, 05:41 PM
It's not a bug actually. The profile sidebar border uses the same global sidebar border stylevar (like the ones on forumhome showing flash news, latest news, etc) when no color, or for this case, transparent is selected. If there's a color it would override what the default is that's how we can change the colors of our borders. So I tried to remove the global sidebar border to see if that wouldn't make the style look ugly on the forumhome sidebar and it didn't seem to change much so I kept the change. It should be gone now.

UllaBritta
01-15-2014, 06:58 PM
It's not a bug actually. The profile sidebar border uses the same global sidebar border stylevar (like the ones on forumhome showing flash news, latest news, etc) when no color, or for this case, transparent is selected. If there's a color it would override what the default is that's how we can change the colors of our borders. So I tried to remove the global sidebar border to see if that wouldn't make the style look ugly on the forumhome sidebar and it didn't seem to change much so I kept the change. It should be gone now.

THANK YOU! It looks so much better now :D

@celtic7irish ; I use Chrome and it appeared for me, but now it's fixed so.. heh heh ^^