PDA

View Full Version : Updt 29 Dec. Can't access social groups- Database Error [not fixed]

Schneider
12-05-2013, 08:06 AM
using this thread to report all kind of database errors.
Update 16th Dec. The database issue has re-appeared today, this time it's affecting ability to access profile page of user.

Since past few hours, I'm unable to access my control panel. The rest of site (or whatever few links I accessed so far, I don't know if everything works) works fine but when go to settings I get database error. I've tried clearing cache, hard refesh and opening page on multiple different devices but the error persists. This is causing me a lot of inconvenience, hope whatever the issue is can be fixed soon.
EDIT: sending PM doesn't work either. Goes to database error on hitting send.
Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/9Pc6rLh.jpg?1

Twinstar
12-05-2013, 08:26 AM
It doesn't work for me either. I'll pm aarin about it right now.

*edit*
Sent a vm. I also wonder if others are having login issues. There are so few on the forum and that usually means something is up...

Schneider
12-05-2013, 08:28 AM
I can't send PMs either, getting same database error if I hit send. No idea if PM actually went through or not.

EDIT: Yeah login issues may be possible, usually forum doesn't have this less people. I have "remember me" checked in on all devices so maybe that's why I didn't have login problem.

Twinstar
12-05-2013, 08:31 AM
And now I just got the database when I tried to go to the main forum page. Something is up. Wish I could contact Dai outside of the forum. Hopefully aarin comes on sometime soon though she hasn't been on in a couple days...

*edit*
I just skyped aarin so it will catch her attention

Schneider
12-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Main page is working for me, but settings doesn't work at all. @Yuuri Kirito; said

It happened to me, 9:46pm, when I was checking my bank history and I couldn't get through with my inbox for three times. I clicked that link for the Setting and it gave me the same "Database Error" message but only once.

But in my case, it's constant. Since I first got the error, I haven't been able to access UCP no matter how many times I refresh.

Yuuri Kirito
12-05-2013, 08:34 AM
I can access the control panel, but I really can't get through the inbox. I just print-screen this:
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/angel_gravity16/NewPicture3_zps2c6b405d.png

Twinstar
12-05-2013, 08:36 AM
well the database error I got for the main forum page was random and didn't show up when I tried again. But it is constant for the usercp.

lateChoco
12-05-2013, 08:38 AM
I also experienced this database error when I was editing my post... Have to refresh it, then it will work and post.

Twinstar
12-05-2013, 08:41 AM
@Yuuki Kirito and lateChoco, if you click on "settings" at the top of the forum, you don't get the database error?

Yuuri Kirito
12-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Just accessed the control panel. I only had one database error message before, like I told Schneider but it didn't happen anymore. Only in my inbox.
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff292/angel_gravity16/NewPicture4_zpse7a5ef01.png

The database error around the forum is totally random and not constant.

celtic7irish
12-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I get the database error when I hit 'settings' to get to my control panel. I haven't tried to send a PM to anybody yet. :)

And if it's random, then I have really crappy timing. :lol:

Schneider
12-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Well mine hasn't been random. I got no random errors when surfing forum, but I get constant error when hitting settings.

lateChoco
12-05-2013, 10:23 AM
@Twinstar Nope, mine isn't on settings. I could access settings just fine.

aarinfantasy
12-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Noted about this, and I think it affects some people's Settings directly.
I did not get this problem myself though. But ya I left a msg to get this solve soon. Hopefully it's nothing major.
Please bear with me.

EDIT:

@Dai-kun, if you are seeing this:
1) It's confirmed that certain account will get Database Error after clicking "Settings" or "Notifications>Inbox".
The account "AF Forum Contest" has this issue as well.
However, my "aarinfantasy" account is fine.

2) There are a lot of accounts that seem to be auto logged off or unable to see them as login, as the Currently Active User or number of visitor box at the bottom of main forum keeps on detecting almost none or low number of visitors when this error started.

bronakopdin
12-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Well I don't know if anyone fixed it already but for me especially I can't reproduce any of the issues:

I can access my settings and PM box just fine and also just tried to PM Sch for a test and it said "sent successfully".

since I also have the remember me function checked I can't say anything about logging in and right now I don't wanna try to uncheck it :hot:

Schneider
12-05-2013, 01:08 PM
My issues still persist. PM can't be sent and settings is broken. A while back, the entire forum gave me database error for about an hour. The entire forum was down for me, I don't know if it was down for others.

Dai-kun
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Hello, I will have to run a database optimize and repair. I think this will fix this issue. Running it now, so may be laggy...

laketica
12-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I can see forum main page, settings, I can browse forum posts with no problem, I can read and reply to VMs... but I can not post nor can I send PM's - it goes to internal server error. ^^ Best of luck, thanks for your hard work, Dai-kun! (holy cow, I was able to post this! yay!)

Schneider
12-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Posting is likely not working due to the server optimize Dai is doing *I think* because I get "server is busy" message when I try to post. My settings page is fixed now too, don't know about PMs yet.

laketica
12-05-2013, 02:16 PM
*cackles* I managed to post -- like... 10 times... in OHAF chat thread... *whistles*

Dai-kun
12-05-2013, 02:25 PM
I've finished. I don't see database error emails being sent to me anymore. I'll continue to keep an eye on it for the day. If you still receiving errors, please post the message and I'll look into it.

Schneider
12-05-2013, 02:28 PM
No errors but some people have multiple duplicate posts of exact same content around forum in recently updated topics.

Dai-kun
12-05-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah, those duplicate posts could be caused by the lag while the database was fixing itself. Please report them if you would like to help us clear them up quickly. Thanks

Schneider
12-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Alright, reported the ones I knew of so far.

Dai-kun
12-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Thanks, I took care of most of it. Went to see the latest post today around the time I fixed the database and all the threads had duplicates.

daniyagami
12-16-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm getting the database error message when I try to access my profile page. The settings page is working but my profile isn't.
It was working fine yesterday.

lynixe
12-16-2013, 10:30 AM
same here

can't go into my profile at all

Schneider
12-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Same here profile page link gives database error. I will update first post.

DcStarz
12-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Database Error for me too :cries:

NekoPaw
12-16-2013, 11:04 AM
Database Error for me as well.

gollumsfriend
12-16-2013, 11:14 AM
I've run into several database errors this morning, not just when trying to access my profile. They're all over the place. I even get one when trying to post this message. :rolleyes:

celtic7irish
12-16-2013, 11:21 AM
All mine have been when accessing profiles or VMs, either my own or somebody else's. :)

EDIT: And, of course, as soon as I write this (been having problems for the last 3-4 hours), I try to go to my profile, and can get there fine. So maybe it was temporary? Or just more random than I'd realized.

Schneider
12-16-2013, 12:07 PM
My profile is working now too but I've been getting internal server error every now and then while posting/surfing site.

Schneider
12-28-2013, 11:12 PM
I can't access social groups; neither through subscriptions in UCP nor directly from my profile page. Getting database error.. rest of the site works fine

Yuuri Kirito
12-29-2013, 12:08 AM
Can't access the groups either.

EDIT: I can access the other groups, but NOT the iShop group's page. Although I was able to post in one of the threads, when I click the group's main page, there goes the Database error.

Schneider
12-29-2013, 03:26 AM
I thought it might fix by itself but still no access. I am unable to check progress on my card submissions :(

Schneider
12-29-2013, 03:38 AM
Uhh never mind lol just started working again

EDIT : umm wjat is going on. It worked a couple of times only now back to error. -_-

kinsugi
12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
It may be related to number of people accessing... card-making groups are hot!
Was intermittent for me as well but working now.